Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: OFFICIAL SPURS 2010-2011 SEASON THREAD  (Read 14839 times)
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 11:16:29 am »

speaking of breaks, i think rondo and garnett will be out on that showdown coming next week

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 03:16:20 pm »

speaking of breaks, i think rondo and garnett will be out on that showdown coming next week

I heard rondo should be back early this coming week, however, if they're both out, i like the chances.

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 02:53:22 pm »

The Boston game was entertaining, but I'm not sure what I take from it.  Both teams played average defense, both teams were hitting shots, with Ray Allen in particular on fire/en fuego/unconscious.  And the minutes at PF would be completely different for both teams if they were to meet in the Finals.

While the Spurs defense has seemed awful these past 2 games when looking at the FG% for the opposing teams, I think some credit needs to be given to the Knicks and Celtics for knocking down some tough shots.  It hasn't been good D these past few games, I'm just saying it has been as bad as some might think.
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 06:38:04 pm »

The Boston game was entertaining, but I'm not sure what I take from it.  Both teams played average defense, both teams were hitting shots, with Ray Allen in particular on fire/en fuego/unconscious.  And the minutes at PF would be completely different for both teams if they were to meet in the Finals.

While the Spurs defense has seemed awful these past 2 games when looking at the FG% for the opposing teams, I think some credit needs to be given to the Knicks and Celtics for knocking down some tough shots.  It hasn't been good D these past few games, I'm just saying it has been as bad as some might think.

all i have is 4 words

shane battier - marcus camby

TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 09:58:31 am »

squeaked out a win in indiana, i still think we need some length down low, I wouldn't be surprised if they could get camby for mcdyess (retiring after this year) and some filler plus a draft pick, Camby is set to make around 10 million next year, and could start the rebuilding process quickly in portland by getting rid of him. 

We all know portland isn't going anywhere this year with their current team, so if they trade camby and get an expiring in mcdyess plus maybe some draft picks, do you think that would be enough to put the spurs over the edge?  Plus do you think Portland would do it?

Also, we know battier is an expiring this year and houston doesn't seem like they'll be playoff bound... do the spurs have what it takes to send off something for battier...

I really think camby is the answer, he doesnt demand shots so he wouldn't be effecting the offense, all he does is rebound and block shots and alter shots....

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 01:12:10 pm »

The team is not making any trades.  You need to let those dreams of adding Battier or Camby go.

I think the team can win a title as is.  The defense will improve a lot during the postseason when McDyess is starting and playing 30+ minutes, just like he was last postseason.  The improvements from last year on this team are Parker's and Jefferson's improved play, a healthy Manu and a rested Duncan.  I think the playoff rotation will most likely be small, just like last season with the top 6 guys (Big 3, Jefferson, McDyess and Hill) all playing 30+ minutes, with guys like Bonner and Neal rounding out the minutes, spot duty from Blair, Splitter and Anderson.

I do however still hold out hope for Splitter making a contribution to this season's team.  The All-star break will give several days of practice time for the coaches to work with him, and the second part of the rodeo trip has several cupcakes that will allow Splitter to get some minutes.  If the rodeo trip is over and we still haven't seen much from him then I'll give up on him this season, but until then I think he could still be a contributor(if only a small one) come playoff time.
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 12:23:32 pm »

I will never give up my dream of camby or battier lol.

TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 03:52:08 pm »

So for my 1600 post I thought i would do one on the spurs forum, being a mod here and all.  So I checked out the upcoming schedule for the next 15-20 games, looking fairly tough to be honest.  Anyways big game tonight against the Mavericks.  We will catch a break as dirk will be out of the line up, however i have a feeling that the mavs will still give us problems because for some reason they always do...

Let's up we can improve on our league best 33-6 record while disco dirk is out of the line up.

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 02:39:43 pm »

Rodeo Trip starts tomorrow night in Portland, and while this season it is actually two separate trips, there is still going to be plenty of time for the team to grow together on the road.  The East swing has a lot of cupcakes, but they will play five games in seven nights.  How do you think they will do?

1st - Blazers
3rd - Lakers
4th - Kings
8th - Pistons
9th - Raptors
11th - 76ers
12th - Wizards
14th - Nets
17th - Bulls

That stretch of 4 games in 5 nights will be tough even considering the competition.  The good thing is they are getting Anderson back for the trip and hopefully Bonner will play at some point as well.  I'll be the crazy homer fan and say I see them running the table and taking all 9 games.
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 07:38:43 pm »

Rodeo Trip starts tomorrow night in Portland, and while this season it is actually two separate trips, there is still going to be plenty of time for the team to grow together on the road.  The East swing has a lot of cupcakes, but they will play five games in seven nights.  How do you think they will do?

1st - Blazers
3rd - Lakers
4th - Kings
8th - Pistons
9th - Raptors
11th - 76ers
12th - Wizards
14th - Nets
17th - Bulls

That stretch of 4 games in 5 nights will be tough even considering the competition.  The good thing is they are getting Anderson back for the trip and hopefully Bonner will play at some point as well.  I'll be the crazy homer fan and say I see them running the table and taking all 9 games.

I'm gonna say.... 7-2.... but i hope we win all 9 lol

TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 06:52:35 am »

Impressive win against the lakers, so far after the first 3 we are 2-1, A very disappointing outting in Portland, however, we shot the ball horrible, and LMA lit us up big time.

The next few games are definitley winnable, there is no question about that, and the game in chicago should be great!  Hopefully Joakim is back by then

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 02:18:25 pm »

I guess I put the jinx on for that opening game in Portland, but those kinds of games happen.

Last night it was good to see Splitter play well.  He will get more time over the next handful of games and we will see if he will be able to crack the rotation in the second half of the season.  The 3rd big behind Duncan and McDyess for the playoffs is still open.
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 08:07:31 am »

I'm a little disappointed with the 6-3 performance, and if McDyess doesn't tip that ball in we would be looking at 5-4 which would have been alarming.  They only had two games were they looked great, and that was against the heavy hitters Sacramento and Washington.

It seems to me the team is starting to get a little bit satisfied with its place.  Early in the season they had big comebacks in games and I remember watching thinking, "They are treating these like playoffs games, going all out until the bitter end and refusing to lose."  Now, they are back into the old mode of just playing out the game, not getting to high or low with their emotions during the game and if they lose well we'll get'em next time.

I'm looking for them to come out of the gate humming to start the second half of the season because they were sputtering heading into the break.
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2011, 12:10:06 am »

Tonight against Detroit McDyess was in the starting lineup, which I would suspect he will have for the final 18 games and throughout the postseason.  I think the current starting lineup is the best five guys we have, so it is good to see them getting some reps before the postseason together considering Pop will likely rest his guys over the final weeks of the season with the Spurs practically having rapped up the top seed already.

Another thing I noticed tonight was RJ attacking the rim again.  He was doing it with more regularity at the beginning of the season when he was averaging 16 points a game, and tonight was the first time in a long time he was doing it again.  But so was just about everyone.  That Laker game may have been a blessing because if the Lakers game plan was to run the shooters off the line, tonight was a clear sign the Spurs players were told to fake the shots and get to the rim.  Bonner, Jefferson, Manu and Hill all faked more 3s and dribbled in more than they had in recent weeks.  Drawing fouls and taking less 3s during to postseason will make me feel a lot better about this team's chances of winning it all.
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2011, 08:35:55 pm »

Uh oh, Spurs starting to lose that grip on the 2st seed....
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: