Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: POR-ORL  (Read 518 times)
rajzwaibel
MVP

« on: December 15, 2010, 01:22:23 pm »

Ok, so I'm just throwing stuff out there, so take this with a grain of salt.

There seems to be a buzz around that Orlando needs to make a change to win now.  So I have this trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fh72gx

Portland takes on Lewis's massive contract, but it's 2 years less than Roy's, and unlike Roy, Lewis won't demand iso plays in the 4th quarter, allowing Miller to control the offense completely without having to battle Roy for it.

Orlando gets out of Lewis's contract now, gets some relief in Pryz's expiring while also giving Howard a solid back up C, and while Roy's deal is for 5 years, with players like Howard on the floor, he would be able to get the space he needs because teams wouldn't be able to collapse on him like they do now.  Let's face it, Howard is a greater threat over Camby and Aldridge Wink
Keyser Soze
MVP

One day I will kill...all of you.

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 05:50:41 am »

I see a good few issues with this one, chap:

1) Ghostface is valuable to Portland for both his defence (especially considering the injuries they have) and his expiring contract.
2) Lewis, whilst apparently on a perpetual slide, is also perpetually healthy. Roy is not going to help Orlando more than him given the state of those knees.
3) Orlando needs either a lockdown wing in the Artest/AK vein or an excellent slasher (to complement the inside/shooter game they have now). Roy, now, is no longer that guy.

Sometimes, I don't know why I *** with Hoopshype
Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 06:00:34 am »

I hope you die.

Sig by bbyao06
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: