Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Shooters Who "Can't Shoot": Rose and Deng  (Read 20296 times)
Miami's Finest
MVP

Respect: +18

« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2010, 12:07:24 am »

It doesn't embode any actually basketball questions or dicussion, it was just a thread to gloat...

No, it was not.  Big changes need to come to HoopsHype to prevent the constantly derailing of threads by you and a number of other posters in the General Forum.

Dude, soon I'm really going to stop defending you. Your double standards and hypocrisy are painful.

How am I being a hypocrite?  I don't derail threads.  But MF partakes in that on a regular basis.
I really dislike you, you always blame others. Tell me when you made this thread (that had no basketball to discuss) how did you think it was going to go.

This whole thread was a bait by you. The exact thing you complain about.

vitalnerve
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2010, 02:54:52 am »

damn now i have to read this *** on the bulls forum?

they can't take u green, this is our house!!!

We have one of two options here.

1. File a complaint to anmar regarding moving long threads that clearly are meant for a General Forum audience.

2. Keep the threads here to boost our forum's post count and thereby making it that much closer for us overtaking the Toronto Raptors forum for the most popular team forum on this site.

I will do whichever our forum feels is best.  So what would you like me to do guys?

i'd take option #1, saves me a lot of head scratching and i'm not about to challenge some canadians to a contest of who can be on the internet the most.
Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2010, 01:09:10 pm »

1. File a complaint to anmar regarding moving long threads that clearly are meant for a General Forum audience.

2. Keep the threads here to boost our forum's post count and thereby making it that much closer for us overtaking the Toronto Raptors forum for the most popular team forum on this site.

I will do whichever our forum feels is best.  So what would you like me to do guys?

i'd take option #1, saves me a lot of head scratching and i'm not about to challenge some canadians to a contest of who can be on the internet the most.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

ballers101
MVP

Respect: +116

« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2010, 10:09:39 pm »

LOL.

Wow.
ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2010, 10:59:00 pm »

lol thats funny

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
kafogahoga
MVP

Respect: +297

« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2010, 04:34:38 am »

Ouch

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2010, 12:06:33 am »

Les Grossman- Tropic Thunder

sparklespice
Star

Respect: +14

« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2010, 12:35:30 am »

Greenwing is right though. I really did think he was crazy about rose getting his 3s up and i really thought the bulls would not be able to shoot from the outside. he was right. But i still don't know how rose did it, i always thought his shooting stroke (this was something observed by announcers and broadcasters) inhibited his ability to shoot from down town. did his shooting stroke change or was it fine all along?

Pure intention juxtaposed
Will set two lovers' souls in motion
Disintegrating as it goes
Testing our communication
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

Respect: +26

« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2010, 01:10:04 am »

Greenwing is right though. I really did think he was crazy about rose getting his 3s up and i really thought the bulls would not be able to shoot from the outside. he was right. But i still don't know how rose did it, i always thought his shooting stroke (this was something observed by announcers and broadcasters) inhibited his ability to shoot from down town. did his shooting stroke change or was it fine all along?

It changed.  His shot used to fall short an awful lot because the arc on his shot was pretty low.  Deng had the same problem for most of his career.  Whoever worked with them over the summer taught both guys to shoot higher since that adds more spin to the ball and results in a higher percentage shot.  Rose's shot is still a bit robotic in that he has a very definite form in how he shoots it and doesn't usually adjust it midair.  But lately he's been improving in that category, as well.

I based my prediction from what I knew of his character.  Rose has a great work ethic, he's a huge competitor and he's the type of guy who won't quit until he's perfect at what he does.  That kind of perfectionist attitude led me to believe that give his freakish athleticism and temperament, if he really wanted to become a good 3-point shooter, he could certainly do so.  I had faith in him not as a Bulls fans but as a fan of basketball who had a gut intuition of what Rose could become.

Deng's issue has always been shot location more than shot consistency.  He was always a consistent long-range jump-shooter.  All he had to do half the time was take one step back and his long deuce's would become 3's.  He still falls into that trap but not nearly as much as he used to.  And the results are paying off big time.

Call me crazy but I'd rather have Luol Deng on this Bulls roster as currently constructed than Carmelo Anthony.  Deng plays better defense, rebounds just as well if not better, is a willing role player, is not a volume shooter and his a better shooter from downtown than Melo.  I think replacing Deng with Melo hurts you defensively and makes one of Rose or Melo less effective because they both demand the ball.  Chicago needs an upgrade at the 2-guard and they'll be set.  Just one more guy who can create his own shot to draw attention away from Rose, Boozer, Deng and Noah and then their offense will truly flourish.  They have all the right pieces in place except for that one guy at the 2.  It'll be interesting to see if Forman can acquire that guy without crippling another area on the roster.

Miami's Finest
MVP

« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2010, 01:13:19 am »

Crazy.

Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2010, 01:14:48 am »

Thats batshit crazy.

sparklespice
Star

Respect: +14

« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2010, 01:23:44 am »

Green constantly complains how you guys nitpick and focus on one tiny bit of his post. Idk if its me has anything to do with me being high, but i think this complaint is warranted some what.

Pure intention juxtaposed
Will set two lovers' souls in motion
Disintegrating as it goes
Testing our communication
vitalnerve
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2010, 02:52:55 am »

It changed.  His shot used to fall short an awful lot because the arc on his shot was pretty low.  Deng had the same problem for most of his career.  Whoever worked with them over the summer taught both guys to shoot higher since that adds more spin to the ball and results in a higher percentage shot.  Rose's shot is still a bit robotic in that he has a very definite form in how he shoots it and doesn't usually adjust it midair.  But lately he's been improving in that category, as well.

I based my prediction from what I knew of his character.  Rose has a great work ethic, he's a huge competitor and he's the type of guy who won't quit until he's perfect at what he does.  That kind of perfectionist attitude led me to believe that give his freakish athleticism and temperament, if he really wanted to become a good 3-point shooter, he could certainly do so.  I had faith in him not as a Bulls fans but as a fan of basketball who had a gut intuition of what Rose could become.

Deng's issue has always been shot location more than shot consistency.  He was always a consistent long-range jump-shooter.  All he had to do half the time was take one step back and his long deuce's would become 3's.  He still falls into that trap but not nearly as much as he used to.  And the results are paying off big time.

Call me crazy but I'd rather have Luol Deng on this Bulls roster as currently constructed than Carmelo Anthony.  Deng plays better defense, rebounds just as well if not better, is a willing role player, is not a volume shooter and his a better shooter from downtown than Melo.  I think replacing Deng with Melo hurts you defensively and makes one of Rose or Melo less effective because they both demand the ball.  Chicago needs an upgrade at the 2-guard and they'll be set.  Just one more guy who can create his own shot to draw attention away from Rose, Boozer, Deng and Noah and then their offense will truly flourish.  They have all the right pieces in place except for that one guy at the 2.  It'll be interesting to see if Forman can acquire that guy without crippling another area on the roster.

you're crazy.  Grin

for real though, you can't compare deng to melo.  plus with melo around brewer suddenly becomes a very valuable starting 2 for us, doing many of the things deng does for us now.
Miami's Finest
MVP

« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2010, 04:24:10 am »

Green constantly complains how you guys nitpick and focus on one tiny bit of his post. Idk if its me has anything to do with me being high, but i think this complaint is warranted some what.
When he says something as outlandish as he just did, you don't warrant a response to the full post....Huh

ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2010, 08:53:13 am »

The Bulls can go 2 ways right now....Go get Melo an start Brewer, OR go get a good SG an keep Deng. Either one is fine with me.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up

Jump to: