Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Shooters Who "Can't Shoot": Rose and Deng  (Read 20299 times)
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

Respect: +26

« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2010, 01:22:55 pm »

Green constantly complains how you guys nitpick and focus on one tiny bit of his post. Idk if its me has anything to do with me being high, but i think this complaint is warranted some what.
When he says something as outlandish as he just did, you don't warrant a response to the full post....Huh

What's so outlandish about saying that Deng is a better fit as currently constructed?  I did not say that Deng is better than Melo.

Look, it's going to cost a lot more to acquire Melo than it will to acquire a 2-guard who can create his own offense.  You should out Deng then you have to ship out a lot of extra value with him and possibly cripple your frontcourt depth.  You trade for a offensive-minded 2-guard and you're not hurting yourself nearly as much.

vitalnerve
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2010, 02:32:28 pm »

and what starting 2 are we going to get by trading james johnson? jr smith? he plays no d and is a ball hog, i fail to see how him and deng is better than melo and brewer even if we have to give up taj gibson.  asik and kurt thomas have played well.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #152 on: December 24, 2010, 06:32:23 pm »

I'm with greenwing on this one, too many high usage players on the Bulls if they get Melo.  It seems to be working for Lebron, Wade and Bosh, but Rose Melo and Boozer don't have the same defensive abilities and skillsets that those three have. 

Bringing in Melo would be swinging for the fences for the Bulls(and the Knicks as well), but recent history has shown us that swinging for the fences results in more strikeouts than anything else.  The Bulls should be fine sticking with the core they have right now and making minor adjustments through the draft and free agency.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2011, 04:23:50 am »

I think I just had a heart attack seeing Duck agree with Green.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2011, 07:31:08 am »

I think I just had a heart attack seeing Duck agree with Green.

Well, there was a reason why nobody posted for over a week. When Duck and Green agree, threads just kind of stop. I'd imagine at that point there's nothing left to dispute because if there were they'd be disputing it.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up

Jump to: