Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Rose is second in votes for EC guards on the allstar ballot  (Read 44059 times)
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 04:37:32 am »

Plus he is playing with 4 future Hall of Famers. Most of his assist just come off of basic sets. Pick an Roll, Guys coming off screens. He is deff. a great player...but player vs player...Rose has him easy

LOLINORITE!!!

If he wasn't playing with Hall-of-Fame teammates he'd only be averaging like 10 assists per game!! LOL!!

And still wouldn't be able to make a jumper or a free throw. There's more to running an offense than just picking up assists.

Well this is true, but you don't have to be able to shoot to run an offense.  This has been proven by plenty of point guards in the past.

This doesn't necessarily take Rose down though, since he's more than proven this year that there's more to his offensive game than his scoring ability. Not having the ability to shoot a jumper or shoot from the line does hurt your ability to help a team though, I can't find anyone who would disagree with that.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Miami's Finest
MVP

Respect: +18

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 04:38:44 am »

Sorry but I like my point guards to be pass first and look for others to be brought into the offense.

But you may be different.

vitalnerve
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 04:43:06 am »

and how many of those guys won nba titles?
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 05:11:31 am »

Sorry but I like my point guards to be pass first and look for others to be brought into the offense.

But you may be different.

The point guard's job is to run the offense in the best way it can be run, not just rack up assists.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 05:13:30 am »

Exactly, Stockton? 0, Jackson? 0, Kidd? 0. The top 3 all-time in assists, and you have 0 championships. Proves my point. Sure, assists are nice, but they're overrated when evaluating a point guard. If the point guard is the best option on offense, then shouldn't he be taking more shots?

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 06:41:27 am »

You guys are right, Rondo is clearly just terrible because he gets so many assists. I mean, look how many good assist men won titles? LIKE ZERO RITE? I have this weird feeling that if Rose was averaging 11 or 12 assists a game you wouldn't be saying any of this crap.

And really....the 3 hall of famers argument...lmao PLEASE STOP. If you haven't realized that Rondo is clearly the best player on that team by now then I suggest you come out from under the rock you've taken up residence in for the past 2 seasons. And really? Kevin Garnett is currently the "best defensive player in the league?" Or were you talking about Shaq there Mild? Just wondering if you could possibly be any more of a homer...

And people wonder why Bulls fans get a bad rep on this site...just look at this thread..it's unbelievable. let me know when you guys wake up.

Soon....
chitownstandup
Undrafted

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 08:00:13 am »

Exactly, Stockton? 0, Jackson? 0, Kidd? 0. The top 3 all-time in assists, and you have 0 championships. Proves my point. Sure, assists are nice, but they're overrated when evaluating a point guard. If the point guard is the best option on offense, then shouldn't he be taking more shots?

+1
Isiah Thomas was a scoring point guard and he has two championships.
chitownstandup
Undrafted

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 08:04:08 am »

You guys are right, Rondo is clearly just terrible because he gets so many assists. I mean, look how many good assist men won titles? LIKE ZERO RITE? I have this weird feeling that if Rose was averaging 11 or 12 assists a game you wouldn't be saying any of this crap.

And really....the 3 hall of famers argument...lmao PLEASE STOP. If you haven't realized that Rondo is clearly the best player on that team by now then I suggest you come out from under the rock you've taken up residence in for the past 2 seasons. And really? Kevin Garnett is currently the "best defensive player in the league?" Or were you talking about Shaq there Mild? Just wondering if you could possibly be any more of a homer...

And people wonder why Bulls fans get a bad rep on this site...just look at this thread..it's unbelievable. let me know when you guys wake up.

Garnett is still an elite defender and the Celtics are an elite defensive team.  Rondo is not the best player on that team, it is still Paul Pierce. Rose will end the season in the 9 - 10 assist range to go along with 23-24 pts per game.  I'll take 24 & 10 over 10 & 12 any day.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 08:45:06 am »

You guys are aware that the guy we are talking about, Rajon Rondo, has already won a title right?

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 11:00:53 am »

You guys are aware that the guy we are talking about, Rajon Rondo, has already won a title right?

lmao!!!!

Soon....
ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 11:05:58 am »

Put Rose on that celtics team an they have 2 titles right now....how can the hall of fame arguement not be accounted for? He has 3 legit all stars he is playing with. 4 Guys who rank in the top 25-35 for this past decade possibly....these arnt scrubs he is playing with. Guys that know the game inside an out, been in the toughest situations. Ray Allen use to score well over 20+ ppg, KG was once a MVP candidate, an Paul Pierce is still scoring 20+ ppg. Just because they are older doesnt make them not as good....these guys are still big time players and a HUGE reason why they been to the finals twice in the last 2 years. Rondo is great but people give him way to much credit imo. If he could shoot a jump shot.....then he would be outstanding, but he cant.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2010, 11:06:41 am »

lmao!!!!

So Rondo won that title? Even though Pierce Allen an KG all had great seasons?

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2010, 11:14:25 am »

Put Rose on that celtics team an they have 2 titles right now....how can the hall of fame arguement not be accounted for? He has 3 legit all stars he is playing with. 4 Guys who rank in the top 25-35 for this past decade possibly....these arnt scrubs he is playing with. Guys that know the game inside an out, been in the toughest situations. Ray Allen use to score well over 20+ ppg, KG was once a MVP candidate, an Paul Pierce is still scoring 20+ ppg. Just because they are older doesnt make them not as good....these guys are still big time players and a HUGE reason why they been to the finals twice in the last 2 years. Rondo is great but people give him way to much credit imo. If he could shoot a jump shot.....then he would be outstanding, but he cant.

This is such a mind numbingly dumb argument it physically hurts me to read. I've highlighted some key words in your asinine post.

No one is arguing that Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett are not good basketball players. The problem is, people like you use this argument as an automatic crux whenever talking about Rondo, ready to fully discredit him and everything he's accomplished in his career. They ARE NOT as good as they once were, and even then, that's not the point...if you don't believe Rondo isn't the best player on this Celtics team right now then you haven't been watching the NBA, either that or your borderline obsessive desire to defend Rose is blinding you. And the last part is my favourite...your whole argument centres around the quality of his teammates making him less impressive, and then in the last sentence you concede that "all he needs is a jumpshot" lol!! Maybe you should try following something else such as billiards or poker, because this clearly isn't your thing.

And really? Put Rose on the Celtics and they've won 2 titles? Nice to see you've gone the old "let me spout out ridiculous speculation in lieu of things that have actually happened because my argument sucks" route.

lmao!!!!

So Rondo won that title? Even though Pierce Allen an KG all had great seasons?

Well, yes, he did win a title, much like everyone else on the team...but the point was, you complete idiot, that vitalnerve and Mild were harping about how pass first point guards traditionally don't win titles, but the specific pass first point guard we're talking about has in fact won a title. I understand basic comprehension and rhetoric skills must be tough for you, but at least try a little harder.

Soon....
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2010, 11:19:33 am »

Put Rose on that celtics team an they have 2 titles right now....how can the hall of fame arguement not be accounted for? He has 3 legit all stars he is playing with.

Well according to greenwing so does Rose.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
[Jeremy]
a.k.a. Jeremy_Conlin
MVP

[Insert Funny Caption Here]

Respect: +291

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2010, 11:42:49 am »

Rondo.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25   Go Up

Jump to: