Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HOU - DEN - PHX  (Read 1243 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: December 27, 2010, 02:06:44 pm »

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25cqucx

Included would be some picks.  All the picks in the deal are owned by Houston, they would send the 2012 first rounder from NY, their own 2014 first round pick and the 2011 2nd rounder from Sacramento to Denver.  They also send the 2011 second round pickS of Memphis and the Clippers to Phoenix, along with 3 million in cash.

http://realgm.com/src_future_draftpicks.php

Ok, explainations...

Houston - Obviously this would be an all-in move.  They would be trading away a lot of their future and would really be renting Melo.  But for this season, they would be able to start Nash, Martin, Melo and Scola and whoever at C for one of the best offenses in the league.  This deal also would include franchise face Yao, but if they decided they want to part with him and care about him at all as a person, why not trade him to the miracle medical staff in Phoenix?

Denver - Get expirings and picks for Melo.  There is no young talent to build around, but they would remain competitive this season with Battier coming over.  This is possible if the New Jersey talks stall, because Houston would do this without an extension.

Phoenix - This is a deal with huge upside.  Brooks is a young talent that continues to improve and probably the best they could do as a Nash replacement.  The money conscious Suns move Childress's terrible contract, gain 3 million in cash to offset the slight increase in payroll this year and gain two high second round picks this coming season in a very deep draft.  As we all know, second round picks are NOT awarded guaranteed contracts.  But the big upside is if the Suns could get lucky with Yao.  At worst, he is a huge expiring contract.  At best, he returns to an All-NBA caliber center.  They have worked miracles before, why couldn't Yao be the next?  And the big worry about trading Nash is losing the money he brings as the face of the franchise, I think the Chinesse impact Yao brings can offset those losses.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 07:02:06 pm by 13Supernuts » Logged
joesr
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 02:56:26 pm »

I love Ming but have a hard time saying no to this for Houston.   Cry

They would have a tough contending team

Nash (Lowry)
Martin (Childress/Lee)
Anthony (Budinger)
Scola (Paterson)
Hayes (Miller)

Only bad thing is we'd have to move Lowry and he has been playing incredible since moving to the starting line up (with Brooks, Brooks can move to the 2 and still be comfortable)
Jordaniel
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 03:10:45 pm »

Love it for the Rockets but cant possibly see Phoenix doing that trade, they would have to get some of those first rounders going to Denver and maybe another young piece such as Budinger who would thrive in Phoenix, Denver would only consider if they cannot get a deal done with New Jersey
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 12:12:37 pm »

It would depend a lot on what PHX thinks they can get out of Yao.  If they look at him as just an expiring, then they say no.  But if they think he is redeemable and will sign with them long-term at a reduced figure I think they sign off on it.  Brooks and Yao for Nash is a pretty good haul, no?  Maybe I still rate Yao too high.
animal collective
All-Star

A word to the wise is infuriating.

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 02:09:15 pm »

houston does it, denver and phoenix get butt raped

Robert Horry is a much better candidate for HOF then a cry baby LBJ.

bigolebossman
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 06:30:53 pm »

Yeah, Houston would love this, but I see no reason for Denver & Phoenix.
Cutler06
Star

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 11:33:17 pm »

Houston homer..er...fan Huh Roll Eyes

Denver has a legit shot at the Finals
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 11:51:36 am »

I still don't get it.

I'm not a Houston fan and I'm not even sure they would do the deal because thats a lot of moving parts to change mid season when you have to factor in this would be a deal done just for this year because Melo would most likely leave.  Then you are stuck with Nash on a one year contract, and no real star to build around, with trading most of your future draft picks.

And as I said in my first post, Denver would only do this deal if they New Jersey one falls through.  At that point though, they know Melo isn't resigning and they would have to get something for him.  2 future first rounders, (the 2014 pick of Houston's could be very high if the situation I talked about before happens), and you bring in Battier and still compete this season for the playoffs.  This may be the best deal they can find, and this is pretty good for a guy they otherwise know is going to walk.

Phoenix, yes they would be the toughest to convience.  But if they decided to move Nash, Brooks is a pretty good replacement.  Just by looking at that, tell me another point they could get to replace Nash that is as good as Brooks.  He is young, can play up tempo and can shoot the 3.  He would easily put up over 20 a game in the Suns system.  Then the gamble is Yao of course, but even if they see their staff can help him after examining him a lot closer over the next 6 months, then whatever, he is gone, his contract is over your not taking on a salary that murders the franchise.  But if he works, they sign him to a more reasonable contract, they have hit a home run by dealing Nash for two potential All-Stars.  The picks are just throw-ins, but they are not different than if they were to get a first rounder from the Lakers, Celtics, or Heat.  Those will both be in the 30-40 range in what is being characterized as a very deep draft.  And, the icing on the cake is they move the Childress contract.  Heading into the labor talks, you can't tell me the Suns wouldn't love to get rid of any long-term contracts, especially the contract of a player they have been said to be shopping around and finding absolutely zero takers.

Yes, this deal has qualifiers with the Denver/Jersey talks stalling and Phoenix deciding to deal Nash, but this is not a bad deal for any of the teams involved.  I still don't see how the Nuggets and Suns are getting fleeced.
Jademan
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 01:14:27 pm »

Its gonna be hard to deal Nash. The fan base will explode and HOU is not a contender. I do agree HOU should try to move Yao now. He's hurt and its his last year of his contract, but he has an $8M injury exception.

I want to bring up my option of Yao for Vince straight up. Yao won't play this year but could resign w PHX. PHX has an abundance of wings and can let Vince go. Vince has only a 4M guaranteed next year, but more importantly can play this year
animal collective
All-Star

A word to the wise is infuriating.

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 01:21:37 pm »

given that it is the pg era there are a lot of teams with capable point guards

but lets see Atlanta, Charlotte, LA, Memphis, Miami, Minnesota, Sacramento & Toronto could use Nash

Robert Horry is a much better candidate for HOF then a cry baby LBJ.

joesr
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 06:34:09 pm »

Its gonna be hard to deal Nash. The fan base will explode and HOU is not a contender. I do agree HOU should try to move Yao now. He's hurt and its his last year of his contract, but he has an $8M injury exception.

I want to bring up my option of Yao for Vince straight up. Yao won't play this year but could resign w PHX. PHX has an abundance of wings and can let Vince go. Vince has only a 4M guaranteed next year, but more importantly can play this year
How does this help Houston.  Htown has a abundance of wings as well.  At least for that much expiring with insurance can land some young players and picks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: