Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Piston Player Protest  (Read 3996 times)
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« on: February 25, 2011, 01:03:06 pm »

Pistons protest? Five veteran players miss morning practice

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110225/SPORTS0102/102250409/Pistons-protest?-Five-veteran-players-miss-morning-practice#ixzz1EzzRlLJB

Philadelphia— A day after the trade deadline passed, half the Pistons players missed Friday morning's shootaround in what a team source called a "player protest."

Tracy McGrady, Tayshaun Prince, Richard Hamilton and Chris Wilcox did not show up to Friday's morning shootaround. Ben Wallace also wasn't present, but has been dealing with an ongoing family matter for the past several weeks.

Austin Daye and Rodney Stuckey showed up as shootaround ended, after the media was let in. They missed the team bus from the hotel to shootaround.

Various Pistons players have had their share of issues with coach John Kuester this season, and many have been vocal — privately and publicly — in their criticism of the second-year coach.

According to team spokesman Cletus Lewis, McGrady was out with a headache, Prince had the stomach flu, while Wilcox and Hamilton apparently missed the bus without a reason. A team source confirmed Prince's and McGrady's illnesses, adding Wilcox overslept.

Kuester was unsure about how he might proceed for the team's 7 p.m. game Friday night against the 76ers.

"We have some things … some excuses, not excuses, absences because of headaches and stuff like that," Kuester said. "We'll go with this group right now."

Only Charlie Villanueva, Jason Maxiell, Will Bynum, Ben Gordon, Greg Monroe and DaJuan Summers were present and fully participated. Jonas Jerebko also was there, doing his usual rehab workouts.

The players have not been happy with their coach, seemingly all season, for the way he communicates, among other reasons they've given.

Kuester said the lineups will be evaluated before gametime Friday night. Kuester deflected direct questions about what was going on with his team.

"We'll go with the group that was here. We have a number of guys who have that bug," Kuester said. "These guys went through shootaround the way they were supposed to."

These guys have been watching the protests in the middle east and realize that's how people get what they want. Hopefully Joe D doesn't go Gaddafi on them.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:06:04 pm by Herbal_Tea* » Logged

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 02:32:52 pm »

This is exciting!

sulingman
MVP

WINNING AND GRINNING

Respect: +700

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 03:10:48 pm »

I feel like this Pistons backlash against the coach has happened before, with the last coach. Is that right? Rip and Tay have been on that team for so long, its tough for the coach, yes?
And
Why is T-Mac protesting? Chris Wilcox?
Especially T-Mac should be thanking the Pistons because he will get paid as a result of this opportunity.
They're not so far from making the playoffs, but this rebellious streak seems to be a consistent thing ever since (that trade).

"MO MONEY, MO QUANDARIES"
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 07:14:51 pm »

I feel like this Pistons backlash against the coach has happened before, with the last coach. Is that right? Rip and Tay have been on that team for so long, its tough for the coach, yes?
And
Why is T-Mac protesting? Chris Wilcox?
Especially T-Mac should be thanking the Pistons because he will get paid as a result of this opportunity.
They're not so far from making the playoffs, but this rebellious streak seems to be a consistent thing ever since (that trade).

Yes, Piston players tend to be outspoken when they're unhappy with a coaches decision. Never heard any player complaints when we had Carlisle or Larry B.  
Rip and Tay have been on the team a good while and are used to winning. I can see why they're upset with how bad we've been lately (same reason the biggest basketball arena in the US is half empty). Rip isn't allowed to play anymore though. Or be traded. He just wears a Piston jersey and hangs out. It's funny too because he should be starting.
T-Mac and Wilcox must side with the Piston vets. Coach has lost the locker room and that means he's gotta go. I know were in turmoil right now but if half the team doesn't want to play for you-your time is up.

The Coachtator stricks back at his people! (as of halftime)

(Shout out to HH for putting the article on the front page once ya saw it  Wink )

Seriously though, can we be a good team again? I miss the Palace full to the brim with screaming fans while cannons on the hoops are shooting fire at the rafters.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:33:48 pm by Herbal_Tea* » Logged

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 08:20:14 pm »

6 players all game.

Are the players going to meet in Tahrir Square instead of next practice too?

Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 10:53:56 pm »

All those players gotta go.

rip32
Journeyman

I like him better now

Respect: +2

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 11:00:34 pm »

Damn Kuester sucks, so if lebron and wade didnt come to practice becuz of something he wouldn't play them?Huh wat and idiot!!!!!! HE EVEN GOT EJECTED FROM THE GAME TONIGHT and the funny thing is all the players on the bench were laughing as were I!  Tongue Suck it Kuester  Cheesy
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 08:31:56 am »

Damn Kuester sucks, so if lebron and wade didnt come to practice becuz of something he wouldn't play them?Huh wat and idiot!!!!!! HE EVEN GOT EJECTED FROM THE GAME TONIGHT and the funny thing is all the players on the bench were laughing as were I!  Tongue Suck it Kuester  Cheesy

Haha, I can tell you really don't like Kuester. But try not to be as emotional in your posts and people will take them more seriously.

You're right about the players laughing as the coach got ejected. Something's gotta give...

I'll be checking frequently if the players go to practice today or if they have more "head-aches"

Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 10:38:02 pm »

Haha, I can tell you really don't like Kuester. But try not to be as emotional in your posts and people will take them more seriously.

You're right about the players laughing as the coach got ejected. Something's gotta give...

I'll be checking frequently if the players go to practice today or if they have more "head-aches"

He looks so funny when he laughs. Laughs like Chinedu.

rip32
Journeyman

I like him better now

Respect: +2

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 07:50:25 am »

Damn Kuester sucks, so if lebron and wade didnt come to practice becuz of something he wouldn't play them?Huh wat and idiot!!!!!! HE EVEN GOT EJECTED FROM THE GAME TONIGHT and the funny thing is all the players on the bench were laughing as were I!  Tongue Suck it Kuester  Cheesy

Yeah I agree, I just dont like how my favoriite player isnt playing when he's still affective and wat he has done for Detroit Pistons
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 07:12:29 pm »

I feel the same way

yangzhe2011
Undrafted

NBA News- www.nba-lover.com

Respect: 0

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 02:59:33 am »

He just wears a Piston jersey and hangs out. It's funny too because he should be starting.
T-Mac and Wilcox must side with the Piston vets.  Tongue

Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 09:23:16 pm »

Ship b sinkin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: