Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: C'mon CP3!  (Read 6416 times)
EighJay
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: January 08, 2011, 11:43:53 pm »

Watching the Hornets this year, it seems that Chris Paul just lacks any passion about the season. When the team needs him to take over and score, he'd rather dish it off for a lower percentage shot. The Hornets could be a 4 or 5 seed if he just stopped being so passive. His scoring is as low as it has been since his rookie year. Shoot the ball Chris. SHOOT IT!  Huh
derek
Journeyman

Respect: +1

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 12:13:20 pm »

I agree then disagree. He is being beyond passive (likely scared of his knee, his facial expression when he falls proves this) but the Hornets are 10 times better when he is an 17-11 man than 23-8... He needs to be the man who gets the ball rolling when he is in. I don't want him trying to take over scoring. My main reason for not enjoying superstar PG's is they don't win championships. Very Good PG's can but superstars can not.

To win in the NBA you need a 6'5-6'9 wing who can do it all (I normally say 6'6 but Kobe is 6'5 .. the exception) and a 6'10+ big who can score in multiple ways and plays D. Look at every team who has won it the past 10 years and find one without this. I'm a huge Hornets and CP3 fan but if he is the leading scorer on the team instead of leading assist man in the league, the Hornets are an 8 seed vs. being a 4/5 seed.

Post-MJ dominance era:
1999   San Antonio Spurs Elie, Kersey @ wings Duncan, Robinson @ bigs
2000   Los Angeles Lakers Kobe, Shaq
2001   Los Angeles Lakers Kobe, Shaq
2002   Los Angeles Lakers Kobe, Shaq
2003   San Antonio Spurs Duncan, Manu (had Parker)
2004   Detroit Pistons Sheed, Rip, Prince, Big Ben, Billups (Billups leader .. the exception)
2005   San Antonio Spurs Duncan, Manu (Parker too)
2006   Miami Heat Wade, Shaq (Zo and others)
2007   San Antonio Spurs Duncan, Manu (Parker too)
2008   Boston Celtics Pierce/Allen, KG (young Perkins and Rondo)
2009   Los Angeles Lakers Kobe, Pau
2010   Los Angeles Lakers Kobe, Pau

Notice every team had either the top 2 at Wing, Post or 2 of the top 3.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 06:55:50 pm »

I agree then disagree. He is being beyond passive (likely scared of his knee, his facial expression when he falls proves this) but the Hornets are 10 times better when he is an 17-11 man than 23-8... He needs to be the man who gets the ball rolling when he is in. I don't want him trying to take over scoring. My main reason for not enjoying superstar PG's is they don't win championships. Very Good PG's can but superstars can not.

To win in the NBA you need a 6'5-6'9 wing who can do it all (I normally say 6'6 but Kobe is 6'5 .. the exception) and a 6'10+ big who can score in multiple ways and plays D. Look at every team who has won it the past 10 years and find one without this. I'm a huge Hornets and CP3 fan but if he is the leading scorer on the team instead of leading assist man in the league, the Hornets are an 8 seed vs. being a 4/5 seed.

Post-MJ dominance era:
1999   San Antonio Spurs Elie, Kersey @ wings Duncan, Robinson @ bigs
2000   Los Angeles Lakers Kobe, Shaq
2001   Los Angeles Lakers Kobe, Shaq
2002   Los Angeles Lakers Kobe, Shaq
2003   San Antonio Spurs Duncan, Manu (had Parker)
2004   Detroit Pistons Sheed, Rip, Prince, Big Ben, Billups (Billups leader .. the exception)
2005   San Antonio Spurs Duncan, Manu (Parker too)
2006   Miami Heat Wade, Shaq (Zo and others)
2007   San Antonio Spurs Duncan, Manu (Parker too)
2008   Boston Celtics Pierce/Allen, KG (young Perkins and Rondo)
2009   Los Angeles Lakers Kobe, Pau
2010   Los Angeles Lakers Kobe, Pau

Notice every team had either the top 2 at Wing, Post or 2 of the top 3.

ohhhh I get it...you came here to spam and troll this one post. kthxbai.

Soon....
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 09:39:43 am »

he was a beast when the season started

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
derek
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 08:48:20 am »

I did not come to troll nor spam. Check every post in here, I have likely replied to it. I live just outside of Baton Rouge, La and am a huge Hornets fan. Don't believe what I said in the first paragraph then check last nights 92-89 victory over the Magic who had a 9 Game Winning Streak. CP3 12 points, 5 Reb, 13 Ast, 1 Stl ... Hornets are better with him as a pass-first PG. PERIOD.
zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 11:44:59 am »

I did not come to troll nor spam. Check every post in here, I have likely replied to it. I live just outside of Baton Rouge, La and am a huge Hornets fan. Don't believe what I said in the first paragraph then check last nights 92-89 victory over the Magic who had a 9 Game Winning Streak. CP3 12 points, 5 Reb, 13 Ast, 1 Stl ... Hornets are better with him as a pass-first PG. PERIOD.
lol Paul has been a pass-first PG all his life. He'd be just as much of a pass-first PG if he went out and got 20 PPG. He's clearly holding back but I'd still say he's the 2nd best PG in the league after Deron Williams.
derek
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 08:34:40 am »

Agreed with the Pass-First sentiment but not sure I agree with who is better. LOL. My point is the Hornets aren't near as good when he goes into scoring mode than they are when he looks for others first. This is understanding that they have streaky shooters and when they have that down night he needs to go into attack mode but rarely do they win those anyway.

DWill over CP... C'mon Man!! IDK
CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

Respect: +14

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 08:43:21 am »

CP3 is the reason the NOH are relevant, he however is not the reason why they are not a top seed out west.  They have a new coach who is still figuring out.  When he decides to start throwing more Minutes at Marcus Thornton and playing him with Paul this team will start performing better in the wins collum.

Chris Paul trusts his teamates no matter what, and thats what makes him such an amazing player/leader.  He shouldn't change that his teamates just need to step up and hit wide open J's or get off the damn court.

"I hope death is like a big French orgasm."

"When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness." - Lil_flip_remix
derek
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 10:18:06 am »

Someone does not look at the big picture. LOL.

I love your CP3 enthusiasm and your desire to play MT5 after a big game but truth is, Marcus is and always will be a streaky, volume shooter who lacks any defensive ability. His rebounding is nice and compliments West's lack of rebounding but in the overall scheme of things, MT5 can only be helpful against a handful of teams who go small at the 2. When push comes to shove, I don't see him being able to guard anyone from the Lakers or Spurs on the wings and that is where the West goes through!
CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 08:38:16 am »

Someone does not look at the big picture. LOL.

I love your CP3 enthusiasm and your desire to play MT5 after a big game but truth is, Marcus is and always will be a streaky, volume shooter who lacks any defensive ability. His rebounding is nice and compliments West's lack of rebounding but in the overall scheme of things, MT5 can only be helpful against a handful of teams who go small at the 2. When push comes to shove, I don't see him being able to guard anyone from the Lakers or Spurs on the wings and that is where the West goes through!

Right b/c we must give up on second year players half way through their sophmore season.. You must be one of those ppl that hates developing young talent.  Not to leave out the fact that we have NEVER seen a streaky second year shooter turn into an all star before.  Seriously were not talking about a 10 year vet here, you need to put confidence into your young talent not take it away from them.  It's not hard to teach defense, its really just a lack of care by a coach.  We saw the same in Larry Brown who also hates to develope young players.

"When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness." - Lil_flip_remix
derek
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 10:17:32 am »

I am all for developing young talent. Marcus isn't a player with a much higher upside than what we've seen already. Sure, it is a sophomore slump and as long as his attitude gets better (been horrible if you watch closely), he will become a very nice role player off the bench in his career. He has never been a player who has had to play defense though and that worries me. From his playing days at Tara (had the joy of playing in that district with him, Tasmin Mitchell and a few others) to the JUCO team to LSU, he has been a scorer who hasn't been asked to really defend. It is going to take a lot of dedication on his part to not only keep his shooting touch but to add a lot on the defensive end. I am sure he realizes people are starting to doubt him and as a player who has always played with a chip on his shoulder I am sure he will work as hard as possible to get there. Just not sure he can ever be more than a 15-20 mpg player who when extremely hot and match-ups are to his benefit can get 25-30 mins on a given night. With that will come the 5-10 minute nights as well and he will just have to learn to play like a 2nd round player (all out all the time).
CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 09:13:50 am »

IDK if you watched last nights game or not, but he single handedly took over that game in the fourth and OT and it wasn't just his O.  He played very solid D.  I hope that gets him some more playing time.  I respectfully disagree with the fact you think he doesn't have much ceiling.  If the guy can develope a consistant J and keep improving his D he will be a very solid starter in this league.  He still has a lot of growing up to do and his mentality about life and basketball will change a lot as well.

derek
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 09:05:36 am »

Very good timing on this argument. LOL. He has been playing better as of late and don't mistake my lack of optimism with him versus the fact that I really would love to see him develop into a better player. Just curious as to what you see him becoming within reason at best? I say he has Jason Terry potential (very good 6th man but struggling to be a consistent starter). Maybe Jamal Crawford (same scenario). Always love discussing Hornets so lets try to get this board as active as possible!
CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 09:44:23 am »

I think his Ceiling is a Cmobley type before he fell off the map.  I do see some Jason Terry in him but he definitely shows some promise from time to time on the defensive end which Terry lacks.  Right now anything could happen with him its all about confidence + potential at that age.  He definitely has potential.  Tonight will be a good test for him, but i dunno if he will get a lot of PT since he gives up a few inches to JJ.

derek
Journeyman

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 10:09:46 am »

I can see that. He just needs to work as hard as possible to improve that defense. I am curious what the market for him is next year as a RFA. I'd love to see a consistent 10-15 out of him in about 20-25 minutes but he is going to be hard pressed to pass up CP3, Marco, Willie, and Jack for PT. Monty has proven he will go with the hot hand and those 4 understand that. Just need Marcus to understand that and the Hornets could have a very solid 5 man rotation at the 1 and 2.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: