Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Brooks  (Read 2495 times)
joesr
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: January 14, 2011, 01:08:09 pm »

I wanted to ask Minny fans directly, rumors floating around with Brooks.  Dont you guys got Flynn and Rubio waiting to come over?  Or does Rubio not want to come here?

Another question.  Is Love good at the center spot and Beasley at the 3?  I wanted to compose a trade with Htown but didnt know them at their spots.

Scola, Brooks and Lee for Johnson, Milicic and rights to Rubio.

Minny would have:
Brooks
Lee
Beasley
Scola
Love

Am I over valuing Johnson too much to be trading Scola for him and pieces?

Idk, I am just frustrated.  Houston is about to do a repeat of last year.  No playoffs and sucky lottery pick.  Worst spot to be in IMO.

Can I get your thoughts?
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 02:55:19 am »

Love is a 4 so that pretty much craps on your theory sorry to say. But even if he was the next Shaq, that deal isn't enough to pry Rubio away. The entire, and I mean ENTIRE, future of this franchise is pretty much on his shoulders.

I'm guessing they went after Brooks because Flynn has been sucking it up and they want an offensive minded point to bring off the bench behind Rubio.

joesr
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 07:49:14 am »

Cool, thxs for the input!

But imo, I dont see Rubio playing in Minny.  He could have came to the NBA already but he is playing it Yi did.  Wanting a bigger environment, more mixed cultured.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 09:29:49 pm »

But imo, I dont see Rubio playing in Minny.  He could have came to the NBA already but he is playing it Yi did.  Wanting a bigger environment, more mixed cultured.
He said he hasn't got a problem with playing in Minny. We hold his rights so he basically has to play for us (or at least net us quality players in a deal) if he wants to make the jump.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 03:44:27 am »

He couldn't have, really. He had a $6 million buyout from his last club and, with Minnesota only being allowed to contribute 500,000, he would have had to pay most of that himself. With his disproportionate wage of like 140,000, the only way that was going to happen was if he took out a massive loan and used the first two years of his rookie contract paying it off.

So I mean he technically could have, but in reality it just wasn't worth it. Plus, like czaras mentioned, he's said a couple of times he'd like to play for this team, he likes the look of Minneapolis, etc.

joesr
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 07:44:57 am »

He couldn't have, really. He had a $6 million buyout from his last club and, with Minnesota only being allowed to contribute 500,000, he would have had to pay most of that himself. With his disproportionate wage of like 140,000, the only way that was going to happen was if he took out a massive loan and used the first two years of his rookie contract paying it off.

So I mean he technically could have, but in reality it just wasn't worth it. Plus, like czaras mentioned, he's said a couple of times he'd like to play for this team, he likes the look of Minneapolis, etc.
He has sponsors, from the stories I was hearing he just didnt want to commit all the way.  Maybe some technicality with his sponsors but he could have gotten it done.  What?  The next Spaniard superstar.  Yea, easily.
joesr
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 09:46:16 pm »

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/23/s...l?_r=3&src=tptw

The Timberwolves continue to push him toward the N.B.A. as soon as possible, contending privately that they have a commitment from him for next season. But Rubio’s camp does not appear to be convinced. “The bottom line is, why would he want to play in Minnesota?” a senior member of Rubio’s camp said this month. “He’ll continue to say all the diplomatic things, and Minnesota needs to keep his value up for trade purposes, but the family’s preference is to be on the East Coast, specifically New York, Miami or Boston. He wouldn’t be troubled if he has to stay another year.”

guess I was right
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 12:17:04 am »

It's the New York Times

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 06:33:53 pm »

It's the New York Times