Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: NOH Game thread  (Read 10594 times)
CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

Respect: +14

« on: January 21, 2011, 01:57:18 pm »

Don't know why we don't have this thread yet. But here it is.

Huge game tonight with ATL at their court.

"I hope death is like a big French orgasm."

"When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness." - Lil_flip_remix
derek
Journeyman

Respect: +1

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 02:12:24 pm »

They're ripe for the pickin' with Horford/Marv out
CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 03:01:06 pm »

Their only a half game back from 4th out west right now too.  Unfortunately i don't think we will be able to catch SA with teh way they are playing, but maybe they will start to fall off a bit from old age after the all star break.

"When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness." - Lil_flip_remix
derek
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 03:29:58 pm »

The longer SA goes without an injury the better because they are bound to happen and hopefully it'll be right before the playoffs. Smiley
CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 03:59:08 pm »

The longer SA goes without an injury the better because they are bound to happen and hopefully it'll be right before the playoffs. Smiley

I'm hoping that same thing doesn't happen to CP3.  That brace scares me, and the way he can still cut with it on scares me even more.

I wouldn't wish injury upon anyone but I do think if CP3 can get closer to 90-95% health by playoff time this team is deadly.  Funny thing though is that he's probably playing about 75% right now and still top 5 for MVP.

Once playoff time comes if we can sneak in as a 4 or 5 seed and SA starts looking old right around then we might have a shot at making it to the conference finals.  And if CP3 can get healthier before then who knows what could happen then.  Maybe its just wishful thinking though. Wink

CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 07:39:39 pm »

Woot woot!! Going into the half by 15!!

CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 08:26:13 pm »

Wow the Hornets are lookign scary good tonight.  Holding ATL to 45 going into the 45.  Pumped for tomorrows home meeting with SA!!

Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 02:15:35 pm »

That was a beat down last night.  Tonights game aganst San Antonio will be great.
CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 08:11:11 pm »

Anyone see CP3's ankle breaker on TP?? Just straight nasty!

derek
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 12:15:44 pm »

Hornets doing work. BIG 8 game winning streak with back-to-back blowouts vs. Hawks and Spurs!
derek
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 08:47:48 am »

Thunder tonight, win this and you are at worst tied for 3rd (which we currently are). Could be in 3rd all by our lonesome with the Lakers only 3 games ahead as we speak for 2nd. Let's extend this run!
CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 09:24:05 am »

Well with SA in our division even if we finish second to them we would still end up the 4th seed I believe.  Which I would be fine with.  We should be able to handle the 5th seed and then we would face SA with todays standings which were the only team in the league to beat them twice. 

derek
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 09:40:15 am »

No, the three division winners are guarenteed Top 4. Hornets could conceivably finish 3rd in the West. Also, we all know the Spurs will end up around 50-55 wins due to sitting vets and injuries. Hornets could make a run at that and never know what happens from there.
derek
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 09:54:32 am »

SOS:
Hornets .530
Spurs .518

Games Played Home/Away:
Hornets 23/22
Spurs 26/18

Spurs currently are 8.5 games ahead of the Hornets but have to play 23 games on the road in the remainder of the season. That travel will obviously wear them down with Duncan likely to sit on the back end of double headers. From Feb 1st to Feb 17th the Spurs play 9 games and all of them are on the road. If they go 4-5 (only 3 of those teams have winning record though), the Hornets could make up some serious ground (even though that is the toughest stretch of the schedule for the Hornets). I'd say we have a pretty good chance if we stay healthy!

Trades could really change this though. I am just putting the numbers out there.
CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 10:12:10 am »

We definitely could make up some ground.  Hopefully our defense stays as solid as we have seen it as of late.  If it does we can definitely ride that deep into the playoffs no matter where we end up.  Defense can keep us in any game.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: