Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A 25 point blowout to the Wolves and 10+ losses...does Triano keep his job?  (Read 1532 times)
Zad
Star

Respect: +3

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 04:54:34 am »

BTW can you really blame Jordan?

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2010/07/13/14703961.html

Grin
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 09:33:16 am »

Why the hell you fired Sam Mitchell is beyond me.

Why they fired Butch Carter is beyond me.
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 09:57:27 am »

Triano is a garbage coach, never should have hired him to begin with.

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
bapper
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 09:59:56 am »

Jay is a great coach there is a reason he is so highly respected as a coach. I mean coach k selects him every year to help out with team USA. yes Mitchell took us to the playlets but we were upset by NJ and out in 5 games I believe, and them what? I would say he did very well with bosh but I think jay worked with him as much as anyone. I mean I will admit one of the reasons Mitchell didn't work well he was the personel we had, it was not his kind of team. but nevertheless as a coach you have to work with what you have and he was not able to do that successfully and all you have to do is look at bargs progression under Sam and then under Jay to see what I mean. so yes he took us to playoffs one year but jay was only one game out last year and it's tough to judge any coach on such a bad team, all you can do is look at how players are progressing I guess and Demar has but That might not be enough. I am not saying there are not better coaches but I would not say Mitchell is one of them
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 10:05:16 am »

The point is that Mitchell lead this team to winning records and to the playoffs. We won 47 games under him. I'm not saying any of these things are outstanding accomplishments, but they are more than Triano can say. And yes, Triano gets selected to help team USA as an ASSISTANT coach, because that's exactly what he's best at, being an assistant coach. I really don't think he has it in him to be the leader of a team like the coach is required to be, I don't think he has the capability to motivate his players, and certainly has no ability to draw up plays in crunch time.

Also, what progression has Bargnani made? I don't want to turn this into yet another thread about him but he has shown literally no progression as a player, and you talk as if Triano has worked some kind of magic on him.

The firing of Sam Mitchell was and always will be a poor, hasty, snap decision and the team would have been better off had he stayed. Triano seems like a swell guy, but I don't think he's head coach material in this league.

Soon....
Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 10:08:46 am »

Instead of replying to individual posts, I will just touch on some things I've seen.

Triano should go. He's kind of over-matched as a head coach, although a quality lead assistant due to his knowledge and preparation. Mitchell, while not exactly a great strategist, was a good motivator and communicator with the players. He'd excel in a way that Rivers and Jackson can, which is have a quality assistant with good schemes, but let him manage the personalities and motivate the crew.

I really don't know who I'd replace Jay with, but I've been a big fan of Dwayne casey since his brief stint coaching the T-Wolves about 5 years back.

As for the GM position, I think BC needs to go. He ruined our long term goals by being prideful and unrealistic and trying to make the play-offs this year. Why he ever thought this team needed to sign Kleiza for 5 years is beyond me. TO needs to rebuild and he didn't exactly do a good job of retooling last time. KP would be a nice target. I see no reason why he wouldn't come here if the money was right.

Yes, BC has made some good moves, mostly of the "small-deal-turns-into-a-steal" variety, like how he acquired Weems and Amir for Ukic and Delfino. That was a brilliant move. He has drafted well and made good low key moves, but every time he swings for the fence, he misses big time. I really don't like him and find him to be similar to Brian Burke, guys who wear their pride on their sleeve and spend too much time recapping or justifying their past hits and misses.

As for the losses, they really don't bother me one bit. I had no expectations for this team and I'd really consider it a plus to win about 20 games and get a top 3 pick, while ridding ourselves of as many of those bad deals as possible. Starting with Kleiza and Bargs, as well as Calderon if the deal is right.
Yuri Gagarin
Star

Respect: +169

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 10:59:20 am »

BC should be fired for letting CB walk alone. A player doesnt sign an extension you trade him. To watch it happen to TMac and again with CB was a real punch in the stomach. Draft wise DD and Davis were obvious choices for anyone not named Babcock. D is an obvious problem and BC never addresses it.

Sam vs Mitchell - well, their both sht. Neither of them are good on the fly. They both rely heavily on their assistants. Whats his name the asst with the moustache was the real coach not Mitchell. PJ and the crew are a big help in prep etc for Jay but when the game is on Triano is lost just like Sam was. Sam was too much of a hard head with players like Bargnani, Jay is too soft.

11 losses in a row theres obviously a lot of problems to address.

People of Earth, we have come to blow your mind.
bapper
Star

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 12:40:02 pm »

The point is that Mitchell lead this team to winning records and to the playoffs. We won 47 games under him. I'm not saying any of these things are outstanding accomplishments, but they are more than Triano can say. And yes, Triano gets selected to help team USA as an ASSISTANT coach, because that's exactly what he's best at, being an assistant coach. I really don't think he has it in him to be the leader of a team like the coach is required to be, I don't think he has the capability to motivate his players, and certainly has no ability to draw up plays in crunch time.

Also, what progression has Bargnani made? I don't want to turn this into yet another thread about him but he has shown literally no progression as a player, and you talk as if Triano has worked some kind of magic on him.

The firing of Sam Mitchell was and always will be a poor, hasty, snap decision and the team would have been better off had he stayed. Triano seems like a swell guy, but I don't think he's head coach material in this league.
I don't mean from last year to this year, I mean from under Sam to under Jay. His numbers were terrible under Mitchell, he wasn't even scoring well, which at least he can do that now. I am not saying Jay has made him into this amazing player but he has at least been given a chance with Jay. And like I said earlier I think a lot of the problems with Mitchell was the relationship between him and BC, I just dont think they were on the same page in building the team.

I honestly think no matter who the coach has been it has fallen back on the type of team that has been built. You cannot win with a terrible defensive team, plain and simple, and I honestly dont think BC grasps this concept. So I would not be opposed to a complete overhall this offseason. And that means some coaches, the gm, and some players. I expect this team to look very different next year.
Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 01:49:00 pm »

I don't mean from last year to this year, I mean from under Sam to under Jay. His numbers were terrible under Mitchell, he wasn't even scoring well, which at least he can do that now. I am not saying Jay has made him into this amazing player but he has at least been given a chance with Jay. And like I said earlier I think a lot of the problems with Mitchell was the relationship between him and BC, I just dont think they were on the same page in building the team.

You cannot win with a terrible defensive team, plain and simple, and I honestly dont think BC grasps this concept. So I would not be opposed to a complete overhall this offseason. And that means some coaches, the gm, and some players. I expect this team to look very different next year.

Completely agree, especially with the part in bold font. MLSE's approach has always been to hire the "yes man", generally from within. It's how guys like Babcock, John Ferguson Jr (Leafs) and Jay get hired. BC new he wouldn't cause any problems. Generally, when the organization strays from this approach (see: Burke, Brian) it generally yields better results, as long as management doesn't sit behind them and breathe down their neck.
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 09:00:12 pm »

Defense wins championships.  Scott Skiles has transformed the Bucks into a very solid defensive team.  Tom Thibodeau has transformed the Bulls from a middle of the road defensive team, to a championship caliber one.  Hire a coach that not only preaches defense, but knows what he's doing and go from there.  Almost any and every team that rebuilds starts with defense.

bapper
Star

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 11:28:09 pm »

Defense wins championships.  Scott Skiles has transformed the Bucks into a very solid defensive team.  Tom Thibodeau has transformed the Bulls from a middle of the road defensive team, to a championship caliber one.  Hire a coach that not only preaches defense, but knows what he's doing and go from there.  Almost any and every team that rebuilds starts with defense.
Well it also starts with some young budding players, but yes I completely agree we need to change the mentality of the team! To me it starts with the GM and who he brings in for players and coaches to solidify that. The problem is I dont think BC believes in that idea to rebuild. He wants a fast paced team, which is fine but the fast pace has to come from defence, creating turnovers and getting rebounds, and we have to improve in all those aspects.
Pro 1
Benchwarmer

Respect: +2

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 07:58:22 pm »

As Jack Armstrong said a few days ago- Jay is a company man.smh

In my mind both BC & Jay need to go far away from the Rap's and bring in new minds, philosophies because this Euro based philosophy is bs. Jay has been preaching defense for 2 training camps- and guess what?

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

I'm a follower of The Raptor's not a fan aka fanatic!
Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 08:22:12 pm »

Lets give the reigns to Jack Armstrong.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: