Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 4th pick.  (Read 2451 times)
Yuri Gagarin
Star

Respect: +169

« on: January 28, 2011, 02:07:30 pm »

Can't see us dropping below sac, minn and Cle but I get a feeling the ball might bounce our way and get a 3rd pick and maybe Perry Jones.

Are you guys stoked? Seems like he'd be a great fit here.

As I mentioned I'd like to trade barg, kleiza and DD for Kaman/RButler and their 1st as long as it's not worse then late lottery then draft Kemba.

Calderon to whichever team with space for a second rndr or something.

Kemba/Bayless/Johnson
Barbosa/Bayless/Johnson
Jones/JWright/Weems
Davis/Amir/Dorsey
Kaman/Amir/Ajinca

FA center? Gasol, Perkins?

People of Earth, we have come to blow your mind.
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 02:57:59 pm »

The thing is if we are fourth we dont have a chance at Irving. If this become a scenario I would LOVE to have Jared Sullinger. Every time I watch him my mouth falls to the ground. Problem is with the way he is playing I wouldn't be surprised if he is the number one overall pick when the draft comes.

Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 06:52:30 pm »

After Irving it's Perry Jones, Terrance Jones and Harrison Barnes. If we land any of those 4 players I'll be fairly pleased. Perry Jones would be a perfect fit, but he's still a project, getting him to play Small Forward in the NBA will take some time and our defense will suffer for the season. We need to rack up some wins next season to convince some of these players there's improvement.
Anyway, I'm thinking we'll be 4th or 5th worst but still have pretty high percentage of a chance to get the 2nd or 3rd pick, nothing wrong with that.
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 09:45:28 am »

Young Ganga, why are you so dead set on wanting the Raptors to trade DeRozan?
Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 02:46:24 pm »

After Irving it's Perry Jones, Terrance Jones and Harrison Barnes. If we land any of those 4 players I'll be fairly pleased. Perry Jones would be a perfect fit, but he's still a project, getting him to play Small Forward in the NBA will take some time and our defense will suffer for the season. We need to rack up some wins next season to convince some of these players there's improvement.
Anyway, I'm thinking we'll be 4th or 5th worst but still have pretty high percentage of a chance to get the 2nd or 3rd pick, nothing wrong with that.

Harrison Barnes is still in the top 10? Well i'll be damned, I have watched his games on TV and he seems nervous or something.

Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 05:37:17 pm »

Harrison Barnes is still in the top 10? Well i'll be damned, I have watched his games on TV and he seems nervous or something.

He hasn;t looked great, but  alot of that falls on the system he's in. There was a time when he was the top prospect by a landslide and this was just a few months ago, not sure we can ignore that, especially when we're so desperate for a real wing.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 05:37:58 pm »

I am just happy that we are going to be getting a top 5 pick. I'm thrilled, in fact. The key is to not screw it up.

Soon....
Yuri Gagarin
Star

Respect: +169

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 05:48:12 pm »

Young Ganga, why are you so dead set on wanting the Raptors to trade DeRozan?

Me? The young part threw me off. I like DD its just that I would like Kaman and Kemba more.

People of Earth, we have come to blow your mind.
bapper
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 10:43:07 pm »

I am still high on Barnes. If you look at the numbers he is not doing much worse than Jones. Jones is obviously going to have better rebounding numbers but he is only scoring 2 more ppg than Barnes in 5 more minutes. Where he is better right now of FG %. Barnes has to improve on that as he is shooting below 40% from the field. But Barnes is a great kid with good work ethic, he will still be a superstar player yet. Think everyone is just a little down on him because he had the potential to be a 20 ppg scorer as a freshmen. What I like most about him is how well rounded a player he is. So of he is left at our pick we snag him because he is not only most likely the best player available but also a need At SF.

I also really like Sullinger this year. He has been one of the most players in all of college basketball. The only problem with him is of we draft him what do we do with Ed Davis. Both are definitely PFs in my opinion, and I do think that Sullinger is better. So then I would think we have to move Davis and I just don't know what he value in this league is just yet.

Irving looks to be the best PG in this draft by far and before his injury looked like he was really quite NBA ready. And actually if Cleveland is the top pick and the teams before us are Minnesota and Sacramento he might fall to us as Cle might take Jones or Barnes and Minnesota still plans on having Rubio as their starting PG for the future and Sacramento likes to use Evans as their PG so it is possible.

Terrance Jones is one guy I also really like and I actually really like the Lamar Odom comparison. He is a guy who can play SF with good intangibles but also can rebound very well with a solid offensive game. I don't know if he can be a superstar player like the others however, much like Lamar.

One wildcard for me is actually Kanter. I wish he could have played NCAA so I could see him more, but he is a centre in the NBA and is not the traditional European big as he can rebound and play down low. I really don't know where this guy could go in the draft.
Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 12:09:11 am »

I am still high on Barnes. If you look at the numbers he is not doing much worse than Jones. Jones is obviously going to have better rebounding numbers but he is only scoring 2 more ppg than Barnes in 5 more minutes. Where he is better right now of FG %. Barnes has to improve on that as he is shooting below 40% from the field. But Barnes is a great kid with good work ethic, he will still be a superstar player yet. Think everyone is just a little down on him because he had the potential to be a 20 ppg scorer as a freshmen. What I like most about him is how well rounded a player he is. So of he is left at our pick we snag him because he is not only most likely the best player available but also a need At SF.

I also really like Sullinger this year. He has been one of the most players in all of college basketball. The only problem with him is of we draft him what do we do with Ed Davis. Both are definitely PFs in my opinion, and I do think that Sullinger is better. So then I would think we have to move Davis and I just don't know what he value in this league is just yet.

Irving looks to be the best PG in this draft by far and before his injury looked like he was really quite NBA ready. And actually if Cleveland is the top pick and the teams before us are Minnesota and Sacramento he might fall to us as Cle might take Jones or Barnes and Minnesota still plans on having Rubio as their starting PG for the future and Sacramento likes to use Evans as their PG so it is possible.

Terrance Jones is one guy I also really like and I actually really like the Lamar Odom comparison. He is a guy who can play SF with good intangibles but also can rebound very well with a solid offensive game. I don't know if he can be a superstar player like the others however, much like Lamar.

One wildcard for me is actually Kanter. I wish he could have played NCAA so I could see him more, but he is a centre in the NBA and is not the traditional European big as he can rebound and play down low. I really don't know where this guy could go in the draft.

Simple, you trade Bargnani or Reggie Evans, or both if you are drafting Sullinger. This would give us Amir-Davis-Sullinger and that would be exciting to watch.

I am torn on Irving and Sullinger, Sullinger is clearly a unique talent they are 22-0 and he just hit the game winning shot tonight, how many big men can do that? I REALLY prefer Irving truth is where we are going to pick he will be gone by then. IF Irving is gone you dont even think twice about taking Sullinger he has proven he is a winner and I would not be surprised if his squad is 30-0 in the next couple of weeks. I like Perry Jones as well, but from watching College hoops no one interests me more right now for this team then Irving or Sullinger.

Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 12:26:37 am »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

I just checked Nbadraft.net and they have Sullinger as the number one pick....WHY?!  Cry

Oh well Irving is fine, however I fear he will be gone as well before it reaches us. Perry Jones is good, but I dont know he would fit on this team. If we dont get Sullinger or Irving I will cry.

bapper
Star

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 10:17:13 am »

I would not be opposed to trading bargnani but I would not want a frontcourt of Amir Ed and Sullinger, none of them could play centre well. Davis might be able to but I dont see him being able to put on enough weight to do it. Sullinger is strong but def too small for it and Amir is the same story, too small of a frame for the 5 spot. If we did trade bargs we would need to get a true centre.
Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 10:28:43 am »

I am just happy that we are going to be getting a top 5 pick. I'm thrilled, in fact. The key is to not screw it up.

With the way Sacramento has been playing and maybe even Minny, I can realistically see To being bottom 2. WHOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anyhoo, I don't know why everybody wants Sullinger so bad, when we have Davis, although I wouldn't say no. They have about the same potential, with Davis likely to be a better defender, but Sullinger a more seasoned and ready player. Terrence Jones would be my choice, but Sullinger, Kanter, Barnes, and Irving would all be fine with me. I like Perr Jones, but I see him as a future 4 and we'd be too thin inside with Jones, Davis, and Amir.

also, Red_Dragon, Reggie Evans is a FA so he won't need to be traded and if he wasn't, he's not a guy that demands major minutes anyway, although TO's rebounding and front court was so poor that he seemed to be an essential piece.
bapper
Star

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 12:45:24 pm »

With the way Sacramento has been playing and maybe even Minny, I can realistically see To being bottom 2. WHOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anyhoo, I don't know why everybody wants Sullinger so bad, when we have Davis, although I wouldn't say no. They have about the same potential, with Davis likely to be a better defender, but Sullinger a more seasoned and ready player. Terrence Jones would be my choice, but Sullinger, Kanter, Barnes, and Irving would all be fine with me. I like Perr Jones, but I see him as a future 4 and we'd be too thin inside with Jones, Davis, and Amir.

also, Red_Dragon, Reggie Evans is a FA so he won't need to be traded and if he wasn't, he's not a guy that demands major minutes anyway, although TO's rebounding and front court was so poor that he seemed to be an essential piece.
I actually agree with practically all of this.

One thing that i am not sure about jones is what position is he. If he can play the 3 thats great! but if he has to play the 4 then yeah it is the same thing about Sullinger where we kinda have a jam there moving forward.

And it is possible for us to fall a couple spots, I could see us being overtook by Minny.

And as for Evans, he COULD be traded to a contender, but I cant see it happening because he doesn't have that much value and we aren't just going to give him away because he is an expiring deal. I don't know if a contender would be willing to give up a 1st rounder for a guy who could help them in playoffs and cap space, and thats the only way I see him being traded.
Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 01:57:18 pm »

I actually agree with practically all of this.

One thing that i am not sure about jones is what position is he. If he can play the 3 thats great! but if he has to play the 4 then yeah it is the same thing about Sullinger where we kinda have a jam there moving forward.

And it is possible for us to fall a couple spots, I could see us being overtook by Minny.

And as for Evans, he COULD be traded to a contender, but I cant see it happening because he doesn't have that much value and we aren't just going to give him away because he is an expiring deal. I don't know if a contender would be willing to give up a 1st rounder for a guy who could help them in playoffs and cap space, and thats the only way I see him being traded.

I don't like the idea of Perry Jones at the 3. I'm torn on him because I like Davis, but if Jones is the best player available when TO picks, you have to choose him unless you trade the pick. Although he'd never be a 5, if he can bulk up to play the 4 and defend the paint and rebound reasonable well, I could see a front court rotation of Davis, Amir, and Jones working, as long as the 4th big was a Joel Przybilla-type who needs between 15-10 mpg and defends, blocks shots, rebounds, and provides height and toughness. Again, it wouldn't be ideal, but Jones has enough talent that I'd try it, at least for a year or two, then maybe move whichever big doesn't fit in the off-season. This is why I'd ideally like Kanter, Terrence Jones, Barnes or Irving. I'm just not sure what type of potential Kanter has. I know he'll be solid, but ideally TO should be looking to draft a star.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: