Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 4th pick.  (Read 2449 times)
Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 02:23:59 pm »

I really think Jones can play the 3 in the NBA, you almost have to try, he has the ball skills, he's quick, the only problem he'll have is lateral quickness.

Anyway, I'm not big on sullinger at all, we need to get a real wing or a real point guard. Or small forward position is flat out embarassing. Terrance, Harrison, or Perry are the way to fix that and if we land the first pick I really hope Colangelo doesn't think.. "well we have Jose already, no sense in picking up Irving"
bapper
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 03:04:07 pm »

If we are top three I really think it has to be jones barnes or irving those 3 guys are the ones in the draft who I can see becoming franchise guys. Sullinger is good but I don't think he is the type of player who is a franchise player and a franchise guy is what we need to be looking
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 03:18:07 pm »

I am just happy that we are going to be getting a top 5 pick. I'm thrilled, in fact. The key is to not screw it up.

With the way Sacramento has been playing and maybe even Minny, I can realistically see To being bottom 2. WHOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anyhoo, I don't know why everybody wants Sullinger so bad, when we have Davis, although I wouldn't say no. They have about the same potential, with Davis likely to be a better defender, but Sullinger a more seasoned and ready player. Terrence Jones would be my choice, but Sullinger, Kanter, Barnes, and Irving would all be fine with me. I like Perr Jones, but I see him as a future 4 and we'd be too thin inside with Jones, Davis, and Amir.

also, Red_Dragon, Reggie Evans is a FA so he won't need to be traded and if he wasn't, he's not a guy that demands major minutes anyway, although TO's rebounding and front court was so poor that he seemed to be an essential piece.

There is no way you think that. Amir in his Prime would NEVER be as good as Sullinger in his prime. This kid helped his team go 22-0 there are not a lot of big men who can do that. Of course it isn't only because of him, they have good coaching and have a good bench. The only two guys who really do it for me that I feel fits in well is both Sullinger and Irving. I like Jones but I dont know how he would thrive in a Triano system. Barnes has to really step up once tournament time comes up for me to change my mind about him.

Sullinger and Irving, cant go wrong with either. Of course however, like I said since the beginning Irving should be the person we aim for first.

Kyle_G
MVP

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 03:29:44 pm »

I am just happy that we are going to be getting a top 5 pick. I'm thrilled, in fact. The key is to not screw it up.

With the way Sacramento has been playing and maybe even Minny, I can realistically see To being bottom 2. WHOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anyhoo, I don't know why everybody wants Sullinger so bad, when we have Davis, although I wouldn't say no. They have about the same potential, with Davis likely to be a better defender, but Sullinger a more seasoned and ready player. Terrence Jones would be my choice, but Sullinger, Kanter, Barnes, and Irving would all be fine with me. I like Perr Jones, but I see him as a future 4 and we'd be too thin inside with Jones, Davis, and Amir.

also, Red_Dragon, Reggie Evans is a FA so he won't need to be traded and if he wasn't, he's not a guy that demands major minutes anyway, although TO's rebounding and front court was so poor that he seemed to be an essential piece.

There is no way you think that. Amir in his Prime would NEVER be as good as Sullinger in his prime. This kid helped his team go 22-0 there are not a lot of big men who can do that. Of course it isn't only because of him, they have good coaching and have a good bench. The only two guys who really do it for me that I feel fits in well is both Sullinger and Irving. I like Jones but I dont know how he would thrive in a Triano system. Barnes has to really step up once tournament time comes up for me to change my mind about him.

Sullinger and Irving, cant go wrong with either. Of course however, like I said since the beginning Irving should be the person we aim for first.

Triano isn't in the future plans, you shouldn't be thinking about him when asessing a players abilities.
I do think Davis has the potential to outshine Sullinger in his prime, We keep preaching for defensive players, well thats Davis, we really shouldn't be drafting another PF.
Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 03:35:00 pm »

The thing with Davis I like him, and I have been saying this long now. However offensively im not sure where he will end up. Sulllinger I could at least see him being a potential 20-10 guy I just dont see that with Davis. I see him being like a 15-10 guy. Not that there is anything wrong with that. The thing with Amir, you could have him come off the bench behind Sullinger, that would still be a great team.

Also apologies to Rowan I said "Amir" for some reason I thought you were talking about Amir johnson, lol.

Finally, I already said I wanted Irving, and the chance of us landing Sullinger is next to none now that he is becoming a number one pick across the draft boards.

Kyle_G
MVP

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 03:39:13 pm »

The thing with Davis I like him, and I have been saying this long now. However offensively im not sure where he will end up. Sulllinger I could at least see him being a potential 20-10 guy I just dont see that with Davis. I see him being like a 15-10 guy. Not that there is anything wrong with that. The thing with Amir, you could have him come off the bench behind Sullinger, that would still be a great team.

Also apologies to Rowan I said "Amir" for some reason I thought you were talking about Amir johnson, lol.

Finally, I already said I wanted Irving, and the chance of us landing Sullinger is next to none now that he is becoming a number one pick across the draft boards.

Don't take draftexpress too seriously.
Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 03:56:25 pm »

I'd take Davis at 15 or 16/10 over Sullinger at 20/10 though, if their defensive abilites end up as I imagine they will. That is unless Sullinger is a better defender than I thought.
ballers101
MVP

Respect: +116

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 05:46:42 pm »

If we land Irving or Jones with our pick (both needs) then it was the most successful draft since the Carter draft.
Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 05:57:43 pm »

Um its actually nbadraft.net that has him number one......

Kyle_G
MVP

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 08:04:10 pm »

My point was that none of them really know what they're talking about.
Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 10:46:01 pm »

Well the difference with me is I WATCH College Hoops it shows on like every channel here in the US. Duke just lost terribly to an unranked team. Guarantee that never would have happened had Irving been there. Secondly,  I talk about Sullinger so much is because the truth is there hasn't been a more consistent player this season then him. Either way I like both of them I just hope that we could at least have one of them...............

Kyle_G
MVP

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 11:08:34 pm »

Well the difference with me is I WATCH College Hoops it shows on like every channel here in the US. Duke just lost terribly to an unranked team. Guarantee that never would have happened had Irving been there. Secondly,  I talk about Sullinger so much is because the truth is there hasn't been a more consistent player this season then him. Either way I like both of them I just hope that we could at least have one of them...............

Wasn't questioning your college hoops knowledge. I just don't find either of those sites you mentioned super reliable. The mock draft is going to fluctuate either way, Sullinger may be number 1 on the mock draft but its doubtful he's going number 1 overall, and if he does it wont be to us, it would essentially say we're giving up on Ed Davis after a promising season.
Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 12:19:21 am »

Wasn't questioning your college hoops knowledge. I just don't find either of those sites you mentioned super reliable. The mock draft is going to fluctuate either way, Sullinger may be number 1 on the mock draft but its doubtful he's going number 1 overall, and if he does it wont be to us, it would essentially say we're giving up on Ed Davis after a promising season.

You misunderstand me, no offense taken  Cheesy

None of these mock draft sites are right, its a hard gamble. A good example is Udoh from last year they have had him between 10-20 and look how low he went. I still am 100% confident that Cleveland will be the worst team in the NBA after losing their 20th straight game, of course if history shows anything that doesn't mean that they will win the draft. We are still lucky to have two first rounders this year, lets hope we use it wisely. I just think Davis and Sullinger together could be such a team. Oh well Irving' still my guy and we have a LONG way to go before draft day.  Sad

Yuri Gagarin
Star

Respect: +169

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 08:26:42 am »

Irving is slick. What kind of injury is it though. Sounds serious and for some that relies so heavily on speed and agility won't this injury be something to worry about.

Re the Miami pick draft express notes that if it isn't a lotto pick raps would take cash - instead of the pick if I read correctly.

If we get sullinger Davis or Amir have to go. I know it's good to draft best player but Pf is our deepest position and were sht. Sullinger addresses none of our weaknesses.

People of Earth, we have come to blow your mind.
Kyle_G
MVP

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 08:39:31 am »

Irving is slick. What kind of injury is it though. Sounds serious and for some that relies so heavily on speed and agility won't this injury be something to worry about.

Re the Miami pick draft express notes that if it isn't a lotto pick raps would take cash - instead of the pick if I read correctly.

If we get sullinger Davis or Amir have to go. I know it's good to draft best player but Pf is our deepest position and were sht. Sullinger addresses none of our weaknesses.
It's a toe injury, doesn't seem like anything to worry about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: