Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A 25 point blowout to the Wolves and 10+ losses...does Triano keep his job?  (Read 1531 times)
Kenny Van Exel
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: January 29, 2011, 10:02:13 pm »

Look, rebuilding is the word right now.  If every loss is like a figurative ping pong ball towards the draft, I'm all for it.  Pile them on! That said I'm just sick of the lack of intensity, crumbling team defense, fire, and I believe it starts with Jay.  I can't stand the short clock calls, his set plays are terrrrible (the potential game winner last night particularly offensive), he calls timeouts at the most inopportune times (the teams fast breaking and a man up?), or not at all.  We were getting brutalized on the wings vs the Wolves, Sonny's barely back, and he leaves Wright (arguable our best man defender) on the pine until the fourth quarter?  He did something similar with Bayless last week after Jerryd flirted with a triple double the night before and carried the team...he got like eight minutes the next night!?

Now I know Jay's a nice guy, and he has his supporters but even they've got to admit it...He'll NEVER be a next level coach, and right now he's not even serviceable.  Why would you stick with a coach who should be nowhere near a winning program(whenever/ if ever that happens.)  Maybe do what the knicks did and get our D'Antoni, at least to put a system in place for the future.  We have no identity with Triano.  What's it going to take to shake up MLSE enough to eat his contract and at least look for the right guy?  Who would be the best fit going forward?  I still don't think it's anyone named Van Gundy.   

DeMar DeRozan: Heading to practice.  ANOTHER DAY TO GET BETTER. Over 1 hour ago
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 10:03:26 pm »

I've been saying fire Jay since last season.
Yuri Gagarin
Star

Respect: +169

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 10:18:08 pm »

Wait til summer. As you mentioned we're trying to get a pick anyway. Some trades, FA's, draft picks - new coach - new start.

As Ive been saying for years I like Brandon Malone. The raps really overachieved with him. x's and o's guy who seemed really cool. I liked that he locked horns with Isaah Thomas. He wanted to win even if it meant playing our rookie too many minutes. We beat the bulls a few times when they were maybe the best team ever. He stated he'd like to coach here too.

People of Earth, we have come to blow your mind.
bapper
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 10:49:01 pm »

I don't know of Jay keeps his job or not. in his defense he has bad talent on this team, however should we be THIS bad, I don't know... Maybe haha. I am not sure about jay but I do hope BC is let go and we get Pritchard. he built such a good team in Portland and built it through the draft. Really don't get why he lost his job. I still like BC but you can only go so long losing before changes need to be made at the top. we have tried a new coach new players, time for a new GM.
Miami's Finest
MVP

Respect: +18

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 11:24:18 pm »

Why the hell you fired Sam Mitchell is beyond me.

bapper
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 11:38:57 pm »

Is this serious? Mitchell was not a good head coach. I have never seen a team get out coached as much as we did with him. After every timeout we would get beat. jay is definitely a better coach then him!
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 11:46:54 pm »

Is this serious? Mitchell was not a good head coach. I have never seen a team get out coached as much as we did with him. After every timeout we would get beat. jay is definitely a better coach then him!

I strongly disagree...Mitchell at least led the team to the playoffs and some winning records, won coach of the year, and the team was only one game under .500 when they fired him in '08. Also, Jay has proven to be a horrible play caller, so I don't really get your last point there.

Soon....
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 12:04:21 am »

Firing BC is NOT the answer. I was reading an article earlier and it was interesting article. It essentially was saying that the Raptors CANNOT fire BC because they will not get another GM like him, the truth? They are right.

There isn't a single GM out there that's available that will be better then Colangelo.  There is no way we could land a GM like Jerry West or even Kevin Pritchard. The thing is we have to count on BC longer to see what he can finish what he started. Coaching and players can change but Colangelo to me you fire this guy who do you hire in his place? Remember what happened the last time we had a bad GM? (Babcock) *Shivers*

Miami's Finest
MVP

Respect: +18

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 12:56:47 am »

Lol yeah it is, you made the playoffs with Mitchell, how good has it gotten since he left? Even with Bosh.

Firing BC is NOT the answer. I was reading an article earlier and it was interesting article. It essentially was saying that the Raptors CANNOT fire BC because they will not get another GM like him, the truth? They are right.

There isn't a single GM out there that's available that will be better then Colangelo.  There is no way we could land a GM like Jerry West or even Kevin Pritchard. The thing is we have to count on BC longer to see what he can finish what he started. Coaching and players can change but Colangelo to me you fire this guy who do you hire in his place? Remember what happened the last time we had a bad GM? (Babcock) *Shivers*
Name me one good thing that BC has done for you, aside from maybe Demar Derozan.

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 12:59:09 am »

boom

RIP Madawg
Zad
Star

Respect: +3

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 02:17:25 am »

the coach didnt miss shots,made the turnovers or get blown by away on defense.

Triano is not the best coach but the Raptors have the worst starting 5 in the NBA. His fault IMO is starting Calderon and Bargnani up to this point and giving them heavy minutes
Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 03:53:46 am »

Lol yeah it is, you made the playoffs with Mitchell, how good has it gotten since he left? Even with Bosh.

Name me one good thing that BC has done for you, aside from maybe Demar Derozan.

Trade Turkoglu and actually get something back in return? Draft Ed Davis? Get Sonny Weems for nothing? Get Reggie Evans for nothing? Get Ajinca for nothing?

Id say he's done a pretty damn good job. Where he has screwed up is he signs stupid contracts.

Zad
Star

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 04:22:52 am »

Davis is good but Weems and Ajinca is just OK

Evans is damaged goods and Trading Turkoglu was to fix something that Colangelo broke.

Like Bargnani, the negatives are now outweighing the positives.He still cant(wouldnt) trade Calderon even just to dump salary. He would get new faces sell it to the fans as "the future" then change the team in a couple of years. He doesnt deserve to be fired,but he's getting close.

One guy I think should be fired is Gherardini(sp?). Get a VP that has better scouts.I still remember him saying that he "knew Bargnani since he was a kid"...I say he was a little biased.

Also, I hope Colangelo didnt make a mandate to Triano to keep starting Biryani. That would be the question I want Triano to answer.

Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 04:34:58 am »

Davis is good but Weems and Ajinca is just OK

Evans is damaged goods and Trading Turkoglu was to fix something that Colangelo broke.

Like Bargnani, the negatives are now outweighing the positives.He still cant(wouldnt) trade Calderon even just to dump salary. He would get new faces sell it to the fans as "the future" then change the team in a couple of years. He doesnt deserve to be fired,but he's getting close.

One guy I think should be fired is Gherardini(sp?). Get a VP that has better scouts.I still remember him saying that he "knew Bargnani since he was a kid"...I say he was a little biased.

Also, I hope Colangelo didnt make a mandate to Triano to keep starting Biryani. That would be the question I want Triano to answer.

He traded Calderon this offseason remember? Also to trade a guy like Jose to dump salary makes no sense, because he is a vital part of our offense and all of a sudden we are an even worse team. Unless you are getting something with some kind of talent or promise in return I dont see the point. For example, that Charlotte deal would have been good, but we would be getting two aging players. At least if he dumps Jose now he can make sure he gets something with promise, maybe a guy who isn't being utilized the right way in his current system. Also unless we are guaranteed to draft a guy like Irving, it does NOT make sense to trade Jose. Bayless is a project but nothing is going to change him into a pass first guy like Jose. Also like I said a lot of times in my past posts the chance of the Raptors signing a big time free agent point guard is slim to none.

We either draft one like Irving or cross our fingers and trade for a guy like Rubio, Flynn, Jennings who all might actually have some interest in playing here. These guys also all will become better then they currently are. The Gheradini thing is interesting to look into agreed, and I think Triano realizes that even if you bring Bargs off the bench you are pretty much still getting an L at the end of the game.

Zad
Star

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 04:51:00 am »

He is ineffective and inconsistent.He is also declining fast.

Either way, Getting rid of him and Borenani will free up enough money at least to sign or attract a young FA prospect.The biggest reason though would be to develop the young players and see what they can really do when they know they will play significant minutes.

And youre right since sitting Bargnani wouldnt make much of a difference. At least see what the younger(cheaper) guys can do. Only way to find out is play them against 1st tier players.

Dump Bargnani,Calderon and Kleiza and let the kids play..Probably more entertaining too than this screen and shoot crap
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: