Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What will the Warriorsdo with this year's Expiring Contracts?  (Read 3869 times)
B.King
Star

Respect: +41

« on: September 21, 2010, 05:54:31 am »

With the new ownership group, what can the Warriors parlay Radmonovic and Gadzuric's contract into? Last year they basically jettisoned everything for nothing in return.

The Warriors have 4 starters in place if you let Lee play center next to Beidrins. They need the following:

Either another center or PF to place next to Lee
Add a solid small forward
Get bigger at the 2 guard (this is a tough one as I like Ellis)

Here are a few thoughts:

1. Maybe make a big or bigger trade with Philly to take a chance on Brand or throw Ellis in and get Iggy too.
2. Trade for some other player that might be on the market that's worthwhile (nothing comes to mind).
2. Let the contracts expire and wait till the FA period.

What do you guys think we should do?

humboldt
Star

The official drink of hoopshype

Respect: +29

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 05:19:47 pm »

i think that they should defiantly try and sell those contracts for talented players because until they establish a wining culture and repair the reputation of the front office and coaching staff i doubt any big time names sign with them.

hmm i will put some thought into what i think they should peruse iggy would not be bad but i think that since we have lee and beidrins  that spacing might be an issue.

. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
royslist
Starter

Respect: +13

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 12:32:27 pm »

why would you trade for brand now that you have david lee? makes no sense whatsoever.

i could perhaps see a trade built around biedrins and ellis + a #1 for iguodala and nocioni, however. 

* that would only be if jrue holidays struggles to earn the starting role though, as i doubt evan turner will ever play 3 for them.  he's most likely a true 2 or a hybrid 1/2, not a 3 ever.

"I'm in the 'front end' of the Top 10 PG's in the league" - Mario Chalmers
HoopWizard
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 03:19:44 pm »

$16M is a lot of money and valueable to the right team.  With no exciting names in the 2011 free agent market, I don't see teams that are already in good financial position, make a trade for expiring contracts. Philly will be under the cap next season regardless and really have no need for expirings.  Rick Devos, owner of the Magic, has already shown that he's willing to pay the luxury tax. The truth is, nearly every team in the league will be under the cap minus the Lakers, Magic and Celtics.  The best bet is to hold onto those expirers to help bolster the bench next Summer.  I'd concentrate on moving Biedrins and Ellis.  Two contracts that aren't really justified by their play.  Biedrins is a center with very little offensive skills and not much defensive skills.  Ellis, no matter how you like to spin it, will always be an undersized shoot first shooting guard. 

1) Send Andris Biedrins to the Hawks for Marvin Williams and Maurice Evans (filler).  Why would the Hawks do this?  They really want Horford at his natural PF position but don't have many options at center besides Zaza Pachulia.  Bibby, Johnson, Smith, Horford and Biedrins would be an ideal starting line up.  Why would the Warriors do this?  Williams is a prototypical, 6'9 SF and is still only 24 years old.  Dorell Wright can easily play the SG, which I think is his natural position. 

2) Send Ellis and Udoh to the Grizzlies for Darrell Arthur, Mike Conley Jr. and Hasheem Thabeet.  Why would the Grizzlies do this?  Xavier Henry is their future at the SG position with Gay subplanted as their star SF.  Randolph has one more year and Udoh could be his replacement.  This gives Ellis a chance to play the PG position.  Conley is adequate but he's no starter.  He could be an asset as a bench player playing 15-20 minutes a game. Ellis, Henry, Gay, Randolph and Gasol would look nice as a starting unit.

For the Warriors, they get some much needed depth on this team.  Guys that are able to come in and play minutes that could mean something.  Book-ended by Lee and Williams, all Thabeet would have to do is defend the paint, which he does very well. 

Line up:

PG Steph Curry - Mike Conley Jr. - Jeremy Lin
SG Dorell Wright - Reggie Williams - Charlie Bell
SF Marvin Williams - Rodney Carney - Vladimir Radmanovic
PF David Lee - Brandan Wright - Darrell Arthur
 C Hasheem Thabeet - Louis Amundson - Dan Gadzuric

with Amundson, Radmanovic and Bell on the IR
zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 04:28:56 pm »

2) Send Ellis and Udoh to the Grizzlies for Darrell Arthur, Mike Conley Jr. and Hasheem Thabeet.  Why would the Grizzlies do this?
Because it's a complete and utter heist for them. Are you high?
kafogahoga
MVP

Respect: +297

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 11:26:53 am »

2) Send Ellis and Udoh to the Grizzlies for Darrell Arthur, Mike Conley Jr. and Hasheem Thabeet.  Why would the Grizzlies do this?
Because it's a complete and utter heist for them. Are you high?

Seriously...

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
humboldt
Star

The official drink of hoopshype

Respect: +29

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 02:45:05 pm »

1) Send Andris Biedrins to the Hawks for Marvin Williams and Maurice Evans (filler).  Why would the Hawks do this?  They really want Horford at his natural PF position but don't have many options at center besides Zaza Pachulia.  Bibby, Johnson, Smith, Horford and Biedrins would be an ideal starting line up.  Why would the Warriors do this? 

because oakland gets weed straight from humboldt county and it made the front office retarded.

. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
animal collective
All-Star

A word to the wise is infuriating.

Respect: +21

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 09:30:23 pm »

help Miami out  Tongue

Robert Horry is a much better candidate for HOF then a cry baby LBJ.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: