Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revisiting TP trade talk  (Read 2319 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« on: February 07, 2011, 08:57:17 am »

I was just killing time this morning and stumbled on Timothy Varner's post about this summer talk about trading Tony Parker.  In particular, he brings up the rumors that were floating around before the draft that the Spurs were going to trade him to the Pacers for the #10 pick and Troy Murphy.

Now obviously this move would have set off a number of other roster changes, for instance probably not resigning Jefferson and possibly trading McDyess.  But just looking at it from just this singular move, how would that team have fair this season?  You can also decide who the Spurs would have taken with that 10th pick.

I'm going to say they would have taken Paul George as the Pacers did.  So with the rotation of...

Hill, Manu, Jefferson, Murphy and Duncan starting.  With Neal, Anderson, George, Blair, Bonner, Splitter and McDyess off the bench.  I say that team is probably in the mix with the Lakers and Dallas at this point of the season record wise, and would be getting even less championship talk than the current team.

But it would be interesting to see how the Pacers would be doing with Parker, and real crazy to see him in San Antonio on opening night wearing a different uniform.
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 08:30:47 pm »

I think the spurs are extremely satisfied with the contract they extended parker with..

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: