Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DEN/HOU/POR  (Read 887 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: February 10, 2011, 10:38:40 am »

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=66hz9fy

Houston sends the Nuggets the Knicks 2012 first round pick

Possible snags would be...

Camby has threaten to retire to some places if traded, however I think he enjoyed his time in Denver and would be ok with playing there again, especially if Carmelo is still there.

Another could be the Blazers not wanting to bring in Brooks if Miller is still there, but Miller can be traded in another deal.  Or they can keep them both through the end of the season, bring Brooks off the bench and maybe that would help to keep any extension they sign with him cheaper.  Plus they are getting a young big in Hill, salary cap relief in Jefferies all just for Camby.

I believe Houston is the team that needs this deal the most.  They have a lot of good assets, but none of them are all that great by themselves.  They will also be motivated because they need to do something with Brooks before the deadline because I don't think they want to extend him.  They need to upgrade the center position the most and Nene is the best guy available.  They throw in the pick because their 10-man rotation would be set going forward, and a mid to late first rounder wouldn't have much chance to crack the rotation.

I think Denver bites because for Nene they would be getting Camby, a 1st round pick, moving Balkman's contract and saving money this season off the tax bill.
Drexler-Roy
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 10:46:10 am »

Not certain if this trade really benefits Portland but definitely worth considering. It would all depend on how highly the fo rates Brooks and  whether they want to win this season vs the future

Greenwing wrote
Finally, I'm going to state this right now.  The Bulls will have a better record next season that the Portland Trailblazers.
Portland record 54-28
Chicago record 41-41
Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 10:56:30 am »

Definite no for Denver. Camby's not an expiring contract so I don't really see the point. This trade would save them less than $3 mil total.

Sig by bbyao06
animal collective
All-Star

A word to the wise is infuriating.

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 12:54:05 pm »

denver would never do this, portland might not do this, houston would definitely do this

Robert Horry is a much better candidate for HOF then a cry baby LBJ.

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 01:43:03 pm »

Interesting, I thought Houston would be the most likely to say no, but no one else seems to have a problem with it from their side so I'll move on.

I think this is an easy yes for Portland, the only piece they are losing is Camby.  Portland needs to start looking down the road, when they have a healthy Brandon Roy and have a chance to compete for titles.  Camby is not a part of that future, and he has value in this league as trade piece this season and they need to take advantage of that now because there is no certainty he will have any value next season because he is turning 37 years old next month.  They are getting two young players in Brooks and Hill that many GM's like.  Brooks I think fits next to Roy because he can catch and shoot threes.  He can also create his own shot off the dribble for stretches to ease the pressure off Roy.  Hill is a young big that can move, rebounds well and blocks some shots.  Nothing great, but a serviceable C/PF that can play with Aldridge.  And they get an expiring contract to help them resign Brooks.  Plus, the Blazers have interest in Brooks according to Hoopshype and ESPN.

Now, Denver's perspective.  Since posting this trade I have read the Nuggets would likely keep Nene if they keep Melo.  I was under the impression they would trade him because they didn't want to give him an extension but I don't think thats the case.  But, if they were to trade Melo they would deal Nene for fear he would opt out of his contract.  And in all these talks it seems like Denver wants to remain competitive in the West.  Trading Nene for Camby keeps them competitive, and the deal has future implications with the pick and moving Balkman's contract.

So, I'll conceed this won't happen unless Melo is moved and this is the best offer Denver can get for Nene.

What about this one, and still include the 2012 NY first rounder to Denver.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4j7q6fr
animal collective
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 02:05:26 pm »

in regard to m previous comment, maybe Portland does take it (if Hill can actually prove to be a good C)

as for the second trade, i don't think OKC touches it with a ten foot pole (it's a good idea to get them a great defensive big but Camby is older than *** and doesn't fit the OKC mold in that term)

as for the Nugs, they wouldn't have a big any bigs afterwords though

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 03:40:08 pm »

in regard to m previous comment, maybe Portland does take it (if Hill can actually prove to be a good C)

as for the second trade, i don't think OKC touches it with a ten foot pole (it's a good idea to get them a great defensive big but Camby is older than *** and doesn't fit the OKC mold in that term)

Ok, I get the point that it would be very out of character for the Thunder but it would only be a year and a half commitment to the aging Camby.  It makes them immediately better, and they wouldn't be giving up any other their future picks (most notably that Clippers pick they have) so they can still draft someone to fill their needs at center for the long term.  Lastly, eventually they need to either sh*t or get off the pot in regards to their roster, I don't think they are sold with Green going forward so why not deal him for a big and use the cap space Camby with give when his contract expires to extend Ibaka.

Denver would still have Birdman they could start and have Williams off the bench.  They can draft a center or maybe the can acquire a center in the Anthony deal.
animal collective
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 03:46:18 pm »

Ok, I get the point that it would be very out of character for the Thunder but it would only be a year and a half commitment to the aging Camby.  It makes them immediately better, and they wouldn't be giving up any other their future picks (most notably that Clippers pick they have) so they can still draft someone to fill their needs at center for the long term.  Lastly, eventually they need to either sh*t or get off the pot in regards to their roster, I don't think they are sold with Green going forward so why not deal him for a big and use the cap space Camby with give when his contract expires to extend Ibaka.

Denver would still have Birdman they could start and have Williams off the bench.  They can draft a center or maybe the can acquire a center in the Anthony deal.

Haywood, Butler & Roddy for Melo?  Undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: