Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glen Taylor  (Read 3747 times)
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: July 13, 2006, 11:07:59 am »

Glen said that the Wolves will not pursue Darius Miles or Reggie Evans but are in fact, targeting another big man.

http://www.startribune.com/507/story/548942.html

Who do you think it is?

big bad kahoona
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 12:02:00 pm »

He could be telling the truth, but GMs usually deny that they're interested in acquiring another player unless they are sure they have a shot. The reason they do that is because if the deal falls through, they wouldnt want a disgruntled Jaric who thinks the only reason he's in Minny is because they couldn't find a suitor.

If i cant dazzle u with brilliance, then ima baffle u with bullshit...
Wingman
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 12:35:44 pm »

Lorenzon Wright

lakerfanryan8
Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 02:24:27 pm »

I think Stromile Swift in sign in trdae or Fransisco Elson

lakerfanryan8 is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust bandwagon."

GoWolves
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 07:26:45 am »

Maybe trying to get Magloire for one season, I dunno, I'd rather have Miles. But I wouldn't hate an expiring contract of Magloire.

I wish I worked for Glen Taylor.
lakerfanryan8
Starter

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 09:28:21 am »

Maglore is also a good posibilty

lakerfanryan8 is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust bandwagon."

Something-To-Say
Starter

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 12:06:57 pm »

Miles isn't a big man. Maybe Al Harrington?

LordNu
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 07:20:25 pm »

How big a contract can minnesota hand out? They used all the mid level for Mike James.
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 08:24:48 pm »

The wolves owe it to KG to go out and get Al Harrington and trade for Kenyon Marting (Jaric and Hassell?) no matter what it takes.  We would have a pretty good starting line up with Davis and Mccants (when healthy) coming off of the bench.  Plus Eddie Griffin isnt too bad if he can keep his hands out of his pants.

pg- James
sg- Foye (ROY)
sf- Harrington
pf- KG
c- Martin

LordNu
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 11:12:23 pm »

Can Martin play centre though? He seems to small at 6'9, I would have had him at SF then have Davis at SG. As for getting Harrington, how would we acquire him? I guess a sign and trade deal but what do we have that other teams want other than KG and the other players that we would have start?
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 09:41:52 am »

I know I'm dreaming pretty big but oh well.  Maybe unload RD and a couple 2nd round picks for Harrington (it sure would be nice to have that 1st round pick back that we sent to LA for Jaric).  ATL could also use a player like Hudson.  This is just my somewhat possible wolves dream team for next season.

LordNu
Undrafted

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 06:59:08 pm »

You should probably dream more for a player like K-Mart though, he is much more realistic since Denver have signed Nene and are supposedly looking at Van Horn. If they offload Martin to us for hassell and Jaric we releave the logjam at the guards spot and finally get a big man that can play in the paint with KG. The only question is the centre position if this eventuates - seeing as though Martin will likely play as a SF - Blount isnt the greatest inside man, and Griffin has untapped potential which we may never see. At least its better than having Kandi man.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: