Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What grade would you give Keith Smart so far as the Warriors Head Coach?  (Read 3617 times)
Jay
Star

Respect: +7

« on: February 17, 2011, 07:27:58 pm »

I know their record at the break isn't staggering, but it nice to see this team play well on most nights. How much of the Warriors success and falls do you put on Keith Smart?

He's got them playing at a high level for the most part, yet he's playing Steph, Monta and D. Wright weight too much and not giving enough time to guys like B. Wright and Udoh (though not as of late). Their defense actually looks like a defense and not the 'stand around and wait for the ball to either go in to the opponents' basket or for it to fall in your hands' kind of D.

So far, I'd give Smart a B-/C+. I don't think this will be enough to be the permanent coach for years to come, but there is some promise with him in charge of this team.

Thoughts?
B.King
Star

Respect: +41

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 03:47:49 am »

Smart gets a solid B. There hasn't been any drama, they pass the ball around and try to play good D. He does a good job with inbounds plays.

He needs to light a fire under Beidrins and stop playing Radmonovich to give Wright and Udoh more time.

Until the Warriors get a low post center, you can't say whether or not to keep him. Lee has to stay at the PF position and someone else needs to be in the low block.

If Nelson was still here, they would have less wins and Ellis would want out of here by now.

kafogahoga
MVP

Respect: +297

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 11:09:11 am »

He gets an A just for being a players' coach and really getting along with Monta Ellis.

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: