Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Your Melo Deal  (Read 1857 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: February 18, 2011, 07:43:56 am »

Keeping all the Melo deals in one place would benefit everyone.

My deal has him going to the Nets, obviously some picks would be going to Denver (based on the latest rumors I would guess either 3 or 4 would be going to Denver, which is crazy) but this is the basic gist.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4nse9ph

Portland gets two guys they are interested in for two guys they have had on the trading block.  Cleveland can sell to their fans they used the trade exception for something, while still shipping out a point.  Denver gets the three things they wanted in a Melo deal; prized young prospect, multiple first rounders, and salary cap relief.  And the Nets get Melo, a starting point which some experience playing with Melo, an exciting bench player, and they save one draft pick without forcing Murphy's contract on anyone.

I think if Melo agrees to the extension with the Nets, everyone says yes to this deal.
gensully58
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 08:16:16 am »

Keeping all the Melo deals in one place would benefit everyone.

My deal has him going to the Nets, obviously some picks would be going to Denver (based on the latest rumors I would guess either 3 or 4 would be going to Denver, which is crazy) but this is the basic gist.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4nse9ph

Portland gets two guys they are interested in for two guys they have had on the trading block.  Cleveland can sell to their fans they used the trade exception for something, while still shipping out a point.  Denver gets the three things they wanted in a Melo deal; prized young prospect, multiple first rounders, and salary cap relief.  And the Nets get Melo, a starting point which some experience playing with Melo, an exciting bench player, and they save one draft pick without forcing Murphy's contract on anyone.

I think if Melo agrees to the extension with the Nets, everyone says yes to this deal.

this assumes that melo is interested for playing with this roster next season in newark:

37 yr old billups
defensively and rebounding challenged brook lopez
travis outlaw
anthony morrow
jordan farmar
johan petro
damian ones
stephen graham

with these salaries on the books and mandatory cap holds. the nyets would have about 10 million in space to play with. but they have to be careful to leave  space for cp3 the next year (when billups expires) not knowing what the cba will look like.

then they have to convince cp3 to play on a team with zero complimentary players, no draft choices and brook lopez as its #2 star. also, he will have to take way less $$$ than melo got eating up all the cash and draft choices with HIS extension to get there first. good luck with that.

how on earth is that team winning 30 games?Huh

and when the draft choices leave to denver to make the melo deal, they have no way to get better or any assets to deal for cp3 before the end of next season.

this is why melo drives the deal to the knicks and makes sure they don't give up too much. he needs people to play with or he isn't going to be a very happy camper.
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 09:53:48 am »

Wow, your post left me scratching my head.

Did you even look at the trade I proposed?  You incorrectly listed the roster because Billups isn't in this deal, Morrow is getting traded in the deal, you conveniently left of Kris Humphries (their best PF and great rebounder), and Andre Miller and Rudy Fernandez will be coming to New Jersey with Melo.

Cash concerns are overblown because they are moving Harris contract, and neither of Miller's or Fernandez's deals are long-term deals.  They currently have 5 first rounders in the next two drafts and they aren't giving them all up.

And since they are trading the long term deals of Harris and Morrow, having Melo signed an extension the Nets would have between $35-$40 million in committed salary for the summer Paul can be a free agent, so they don't have to trade for him, they can just sign him as a free agent.
gensully58
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 10:56:15 am »

Wow, your post left me scratching my head.

Did you even look at the trade I proposed?  You incorrectly listed the roster because Billups isn't in this deal, Morrow is getting traded in the deal, you conveniently left of Kris Humphries (their best PF and great rebounder), and Andre Miller and Rudy Fernandez will be coming to New Jersey with Melo.

Cash concerns are overblown because they are moving Harris contract, and neither of Miller's or Fernandez's deals are long-term deals.  They currently have 5 first rounders in the next two drafts and they aren't giving them all up.

And since they are trading the long term deals of Harris and Morrow, having Melo signed an extension the Nets would have between $35-$40 million in committed salary for the summer Paul can be a free agent, so they don't have to trade for him, they can just sign him as a free agent.

your problem is still the same, if they trade for melo, brook lopez is their #2 "star" and there are no complimentary players. a back court of a lead footed, no jump shooting andre miller and a back up rudy fernandez along with mr kardashian at the 4 (whose contract expires) hardly makes an attractive destination for melo and cp3.

Cutler06
Star

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 11:04:37 am »

So Gen, you're OBVIOUSLY a Knicks fan who basically want Melo to be traded to NY for nothing..... right ??

Denver has a legit shot at the Finals
gensully58
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 11:35:10 am »

So Gen, you're OBVIOUSLY a Knicks fan who basically want Melo to be traded to NY for nothing..... right ??

i live in lexington, ky and still love oscar as the greatest nba player ever and the cincinnati royals Grin  my isp is insight-lexington.

that being said, i've been a business person for 38 years and understand leverage in business negotiations and mello has 100% of the leverage.

he can go where ever he wishes (read that nix), no matter what the kronke family or the kgb wishes. you neglect to understand mello has earned 75 million already in his career so the idea of putting "money pressure" on him in a negotiation is laugh out loud funny.

if mello truly prefers msg to newark as all signs indicate, then the kronkes can either accept some package built around wilson chandler, or they can suck eggs.

if mello is willing to go to the nyets for a few extra pieces of silver and build the rest of his career around brook lopez as his second in command, then , as roseann rosannadanna used to say, "never mind!"

best of luck to everyone.....
knightofdreamz
Star

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 01:01:45 pm »

that being said, i've been a business person for 38 years and understand leverage in business negotiations and mello has 100% of the leverage.

100%.... really?
You dont think the Nuggets would snap at the best deal even if it ends up sending Melo to a team that he does not want to play for? Melo has about 25% leverage. I am going with 25 because he does not hold any kind of majority nor is he even (with Nuggs). However the Nuggets have shown that they are willing to work with him and what he wants, so we will toss it up to 25%.
The Nuggets, in the end, will do what is best for the future of their franchise and like it or not, there is nothing Melo can do about this. This is not like trading Kobe, who truly did have 100% of the leverage in a trade.

gensully58
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 01:17:20 pm »

100%.... really?
You dont think the Nuggets would snap at the best deal even if it ends up sending Melo to a team that he does not want to play for? Melo has about 25% leverage. I am going with 25 because he does not hold any kind of majority nor is he even (with Nuggs). However the Nuggets have shown that they are willing to work with him and what he wants, so we will toss it up to 25%.
The Nuggets, in the end, will do what is best for the future of their franchise and like it or not, there is nothing Melo can do about this. This is not like trading Kobe, who truly did have 100% of the leverage in a trade.

i can see you guys have never employed people before.

who is going to give anything fungible for mello if he says , "i'm not signing any damn extension!" that gives him 100% leverage.

and if kronke chooses not to trade him where he wants to go, mello can pull a "gary sheffield" on him. "i have a migrane." "i have a belly ache". " i have a sore hammy that will keep me out 3 weeks". he can dribble the ball off his foot 3 trips down the floor in a row. he'll then say something like," i wanted to be near my dead sister's kids and my heads just not into it anymore. the next thing you know... say hello to 10th place, no playoff revenues.

you never want a high priced disgruntled employee with a big ego.

100% leverage to mello, should he chose to go to mattresses.
knightofdreamz
Star

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 01:44:56 pm »

i can see you guys have never employed people before.

who is going to give anything fungible for mello if he says , "i'm not signing any damn extension!" that gives him 100% leverage.

and if kronke chooses not to trade him where he wants to go, mello can pull a "gary sheffield" on him. "i have a migrane." "i have a belly ache". " i have a sore hammy that will keep me out 3 weeks". he can dribble the ball off his foot 3 trips down the floor in a row. he'll then say something like," i wanted to be near my dead sister's kids and my heads just not into it anymore. the next thing you know... say hello to 10th place, no playoff revenues.

you never want a high priced disgruntled employee with a big ego.

100% leverage to mello, should he chose to go to mattresses.

What does employing people at an average job have to do with this situation?
I have hired and fired plenty of people in my career, but im not going to pretend like my experience as a general manager of restaurants and staples is anything like NBA contracts, deals, agreements, ect.
Its not.

You do realize that like 7 teams came out and said they would entertain the idea of "renting" Melo for a season right?
Hell, i think the Rockets even made an official offer. You don't think that all 7 of those teams arnt going with the idea of renting him, winning a title or almost winning a title, and hoping to win his heart for an extension.

Fact is, if Melo had 100% of the leverage, he would be a Knick right now as we speak.
But he is not, instead he is about to be signed to the Nets and end up on a crap team that wont even come close to contending. The fact that the Nuggets are dealing with the Nets before the Knicks, says everything that needs to be said. They are going after the best for their franchise, and not the best for Melo, which means Melo does not have 100% of the leverage considering he is about to either A. go to a team that he does not want to or B. the trade does not happen and he ends up staying on a team that he really does not want to stay on.
How is this 100% leverage?

Oh, and how well has pulling a "gary sheffield" worked for any player recently? Not well.
Look at Carter. He went from being the next MJ to being an injured cry baby little *** that no team wanted to deal with.
Yea... lets try that route Melo.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 02:00:11 pm by knightofdreamz » Logged

Cutler06
Star

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 02:15:57 pm »

i live in lexington, ky and still love oscar as the greatest nba player ever and the cincinnati royals Grin  my isp is insight-lexington.

he can go where ever he wishes (read that nix), no matter what the kronke family or the kgb wishes. you neglect to understand mello has earned 75 million already in his career so the idea of putting "money pressure" on him in a negotiation is laugh out loud funny.

if mello truly prefers msg to newark as all signs indicate, then the kronkes can either accept some package built around wilson chandler, or they can suck eggs.

if mello is willing to go to the nyets for a few extra pieces of silver and build the rest of his career around brook lopez as his second in command, then , as roseann rosannadanna used to say, "never mind!"

best of luck to everyone.....

What you're missing is this...Melo, if he waits to sign in FA, he's gonna lose $15-30M dollars...you think THAT'S not leverage Huh Melo, first and foremost, is a businessman...how many true businessmken are willing to leave that kinda JACK on the table to play for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade ?? Especially when he can GET THE JACK and live 30mins away. Also, I've heard Melo is a little peeved that NY isn't willing to make the move so he can get BOTH...NY AND the $65M

jmlamerson
Starter

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 02:39:54 pm »

My trade:
Only if Carmelo would agree to an extension with the Rockets:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4hquz3m

DEN trades Anthony, Balkman, and Shelden Williams for Patrick Patterson, Terrence Williams, Brandon Rush, Chase Budinger, and Mike Dunleavy

HOU trades Shane Battier, Jordan Hill, Courtney Lee, Patrick Patterson, Terrence Williams, Chase Budinger, HOU 2011 1st rounder and NYK 2012 1st rounder for Carmelo Anthony, Balkman, and Shelden Williams

IND trades Mike Dunleavy and Brandon Rush for Shane Battier, Jordan Hill, and Courtney Lee

Houston gets its superstar without giving up Martin, Brooks, Lowry, Scola, or Hayes.

Denver gets it's best possible haul in terms of players and picks.

Pacers get young talent (Lee and Hill) and a good vet (Battier) in exchange for Dunleavy's expiring and the disappointing Rush.

Again, this is all dependent on Melo agreeing to an extension with Houston.

Also, I'd put the possiblilty of Melo re-signing with Nuggets much higher than his being traded to the Nets.  The Nets owner did not like being used by Melo as leverage for a Knicks trade, and that relationship is shot.
derek
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 02:42:57 pm »

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4tw6k5o

Just extending the "proposed" offer from Nets. Obviously the 1sts going to the Nuggs.
Cutler06
Star

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 02:48:02 pm »

Just extending the "proposed" offer from Nets. Obviously the 1sts going to the Nuggs.

Keep dreaming...why would the Nuggets help out rival Portland for their has-beens/no goods ??

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 02:54:39 pm »

Melo becomes a free agent in the summer.

New York signs him.

derek
Journeyman

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 02:59:47 pm »

Keep dreaming...why would the Nuggets help out rival Portland for their has-beens/no goods ??

Babbit is a rook and Miller has the team option for after this year. Miller helps mentor Lawson rest of year and can play in same back-up to help keep competing and Babbit isn't a bad player.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: