Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Your Melo Deal  (Read 1855 times)
gensully58
Journeyman

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 03:07:07 pm »

i can see you guys have never employed people before.

who is going to give anything fungible for mello if he says , "i'm not signing any damn extension!" that gives him 100% leverage.

and if kronke chooses not to trade him where he wants to go, mello can pull a "gary sheffield" on him. "i have a migrane." "i have a belly ache". " i have a sore hammy that will keep me out 3 weeks". he can dribble the ball off his foot 3 trips down the floor in a row. he'll then say something like," i wanted to be near my dead sister's kids and my heads just not into it anymore. the next thing you know... say hello to 10th place, no playoff revenues.

you never want a high priced disgruntled employee with a big ego.

100% leverage to mello, should he chose to go to mattresses.

What does employing people at an average job have to do with this situation?
I have hired and fired plenty of people in my career, but im not going to pretend like my experience as a general manager of restaurants and staples is anything like NBA contracts, deals, agreements, ect.
Its not.

You do realize that like 7 teams came out and said they would entertain the idea of "renting" Melo for a season right?
Hell, i think the Rockets even made an official offer. You don't think that all 7 of those teams arnt going with the idea of renting him, winning a title or almost winning a title, and hoping to win his heart for an extension.

Fact is, if Melo had 100% of the leverage, he would be a Knick right now as we speak.
But he is not, instead he is about to be signed to the Nets and end up on a crap team that wont even come close to contending. The fact that the Nuggets are dealing with the Nets before the Knicks, says everything that needs to be said. They are going after the best for their franchise, and not the best for Melo, which means Melo does not have 100% of the leverage considering he is about to either A. go to a team that he does not want to or B. the trade does not happen and he ends up staying on a team that he really does not want to stay on.
How is this 100% leverage?

Oh, and how well has pulling a "gary sheffield" worked for any player recently? Not well.
Look at Carter. He went from being the next MJ to being an injured cry baby little *** that no team wanted to deal with.
Yea... lets try that route Melo.

hi knight,

anyone can 'entertain' the notion of renting melo til the end of they year. that is their privileged. what would a team like dallas pay for mello to rent him without an extension. the nyets aren't paying favors, their point guard and 4 #1's to rent him til 6/30.

bottom line is NOBODY IS "RENTING" MELO IF HE WON'T SIGN AN EXTENSION FOR ANYTHING FUNGIBLE. that is why mello has all the leverage.

denver didn't trade him earlier because they could keep mello til the deadline and win enough games to get a few games of playoff revenue and move him at the deadline. the only remaining question is WHERE CAN THEY MOVE HIM WHICH GIVES DENVER THE BEST RETURN THAT b]MELLO[/b]  IS  AMENABLE TO[Huh

IF MELLO ISN'T AMENABLE... THERE IS NO DEAL CAUSE HE CAN JUST SAY NO AND GO TO THE NIX AT THE END OF THE YEAR.

that is the reality. should denver try to stick it to him by not moving him and costing him money, look for mello to "garry sheffield" denver the rest to the season. denver knows that.

assuming mello prefers playing at the garden (which everything indicates) his best interest is to be traded to the nix while the nix give up as few assets as possible. mello can force that if he is prepared to go to mattresses. denver isn't letting him walk for nothing.

mello can call denvers bluff and even though the nix can't play him as much as a fa, dolan surely can make la la the knx sideline reporter replacing tina cervasio for say, 2 million a year to make up for the cash mello loses in free agency. denver knows they have no leverage.
gensully58
Journeyman

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 03:32:53 pm »

So Gen, you're OBVIOUSLY a Knicks fan who basically want Melo to be traded to NY for nothing..... right ??

i live in lexington, ky and still love oscar as the greatest nba player ever and the cincinnati royals Grin  my isp is insight-lexington.

that being said, i've been a business person for 38 years and understand leverage in business negotiations and mello has 100% of the leverage.

he can go where ever he wishes (read that nix), no matter what the kronke family or the kgb wishes. you neglect to understand mello has earned 75 million already in his career so the idea of putting "money pressure" on him in a negotiation is laugh out loud funny.

if mello truly prefers msg to newark as all signs indicate, then the kronkes can either accept some package built around wilson chandler, or they can suck eggs.

if mello is willing to go to the nyets for a few extra pieces of silver and build the rest of his career around brook lopez as his second in command, then , as roseann rosannadanna used to say, "never mind!"

best of luck to everyone.....

What you're missing is this...Melo, if he waits to sign in FA, he's gonna lose $15-30M dollars...you think THAT'S not leverage Huh Melo, first and foremost, is a businessman...how many true businessmken are willing to leave that kinda JACK on the table to play for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade ?? Especially when he can GET THE JACK and live 30mins away. Also, I've heard Melo is a little peeved that NY isn't willing to make the move so he can get BOTH...NY AND the $65M

hi cutler,

there are many ways to get "jack" and not leave it on the table. first of all, denver isn't going to let him walk for zero return like phoenix, toronto and cleveland.

nobody knows what the next cba will look like. top salaries might be rolled back like after the last nhl cba. remember dolan owns a network that can hire la la vasquez at any salary he wishes to make up for any money mello loses by playing hardball with denver.

there are a myriad of ways to get mello his money from dolan.

mello walks into kronke's office and says it is time. make this trade, or i lay down and you get nothing:

denver ends up with chandler and randoplph with curry going to mn with the nix 2014 #1 + 3,000,000 cash for cap purposes and denver is lucky to get that.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=66v82x3

mello gets his max money and plays with amare and a bunch of nice players. denver gets tons more than cleveland, phoenix and cleveland got under similar circumstances. denver also saves 25 million in salaries and luxury tax over the next 2 yrs.

all it needs is mello to have a tough of machiavelli in him  Cheesy
Cutler06
Star

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 05:43:40 pm »

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4tw6k5o

Just extending the "proposed" offer from Nets. Obviously the 1sts going to the Nuggs.

Keep dreaming...why would the Nuggets help out rival Portland for their has-beens/no goods ??

Babbit is a rook and Miller has the team option for after this year. Miller helps mentor Lawson rest of year and can play in same back-up to help keep competing and Babbit isn't a bad player.

But Lawson doesn't NEED mentoring...and Harris could do that...who cares about Babbit, he's not lighting up the league or anything. I see no reason to give Portland a younger, talented PG for an older PG that's nearing retirement and a untested rookie SF

Denver has a legit shot at the Finals
Cutler06
Star

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 05:49:35 pm »

So Gen, you're OBVIOUSLY a Knicks fan who basically want Melo to be traded to NY for nothing..... right ??

i live in lexington, ky and still love oscar as the greatest nba player ever and the cincinnati royals Grin  my isp is insight-lexington.

that being said, i've been a business person for 38 years and understand leverage in business negotiations and mello has 100% of the leverage.

he can go where ever he wishes (read that nix), no matter what the kronke family or the kgb wishes. you neglect to understand mello has earned 75 million already in his career so the idea of putting "money pressure" on him in a negotiation is laugh out loud funny.

if mello truly prefers msg to newark as all signs indicate, then the kronkes can either accept some package built around wilson chandler, or they can suck eggs.

if mello is willing to go to the nyets for a few extra pieces of silver and build the rest of his career around brook lopez as his second in command, then , as roseann rosannadanna used to say, "never mind!"

best of luck to everyone.....

What you're missing is this...Melo, if he waits to sign in FA, he's gonna lose $15-30M dollars...you think THAT'S not leverage Huh Melo, first and foremost, is a businessman...how many true businessmken are willing to leave that kinda JACK on the table to play for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade ?? Especially when he can GET THE JACK and live 30mins away. Also, I've heard Melo is a little peeved that NY isn't willing to make the move so he can get BOTH...NY AND the $65M

hi cutler,

there are many ways to get "jack" and not leave it on the table. first of all, denver isn't going to let him walk for zero return like phoenix, toronto and cleveland.

nobody knows what the next cba will look like. top salaries might be rolled back like after the last nhl cba. remember dolan owns a network that can hire la la vasquez at any salary he wishes to make up for any money mello loses by playing hardball with denver.

there are a myriad of ways to get mello his money from dolan.

mello walks into kronke's office and says it is time. make this trade, or i lay down and you get nothing:

denver ends up with chandler and randoplph with curry going to mn with the nix 2014 #1 + 3,000,000 cash for cap purposes and denver is lucky to get that.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=66v82x3

mello gets his max money and plays with amare and a bunch of nice players. denver gets tons more than cleveland, phoenix and cleveland got under similar circumstances. denver also saves 25 million in salaries and luxury tax over the next 2 yrs.

all it needs is mello to have a tough of machiavelli in him  Cheesy

Keep hoping Gen, but with Amare's not making anmore money  (except the contraxct) that he made in Phoenix....and we both know the CBA is gonna bring down FA max contracts, it's what Melo's afaraid of (diff between $18M and $11M is what I'm hearing).  And same can be said of of NJ, the russian has a lot of jack to give too..... We should know in a couple of days, but I'm betting Melo is looking for the GUARANTEED money.

And if Melo was gonna make that kinda stance to Kroenke, he'd have done it already... Tongue
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:03:11 pm by Cutler06 » Logged

gensully58
Journeyman

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 07:28:37 pm »

and we both know the CBA is gonna bring down FA max contracts, it's what Melo's afaraid of (diff between $18M and $11M is what I'm hearing).  

so you have a direct pipeline to david stern and the owners? does "that's what i'm hearing" mean you read a windhorst or isola tweet somewhere? Cheesy

fwiw, i actually hope mello goes to the nyets unless the price to the nix is ultra cheap. he and brook lopez can live happily ever after.
Cutler06
Star

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 12:26:05 am »

and we both know the CBA is gonna bring down FA max contracts, it's what Melo's afaraid of (diff between $18M and $11M is what I'm hearing).  

so you have a direct pipeline to david stern and the owners? does "that's what i'm hearing" mean you read a windhorst or isola tweet somewhere? Cheesy

fwiw, i actually hope mello goes to the nyets unless the price to the nix is ultra cheap. he and brook lopez can live happily ever after.

Well, NY IS gonna meet the Nuggs asking price ....outta DESPERATION.... Cool

Cutler06
Star

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 12:28:01 am »

Still, I would prefer the Nyets  (funny Gen, truely funny  Cheesy) offer....and I was hoping to get Fields instaed of Chandler...

gensully58
Journeyman

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 12:55:23 am »

Still, I would prefer the Nyets  (funny Gen, truely funny  Cheesy) offer....and I was hoping to get Fields instaed of Chandler...

no sane person offers 4 first round picks plus the 3rd person in the 2010 draft plus a starting pg for anyone not named magic, jordan, bird or oscar.

as someone wrote on another blog, "...I’m pretty sure that once the joy of every knicks fan to have acquired melo will fade, a hidden sense of doubt will get all your minds and the specter of Isiah will disturb your sleep once again. 

i loled pretty hard.....
Cutler06
Star

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 05:39:02 pm »

no sane person offers 4 first round picks plus the 3rd person in the 2010 draft plus a starting pg for anyone not named magic, jordan, bird or oscar.

as someone wrote on another blog, "...I’m pretty sure that once the joy of every knicks fan to have acquired melo will fade, a hidden sense of doubt will get all your minds and the specter of Isiah will disturb your sleep once again. 

i loled pretty hard.....

Don't you know, the conspiracy is starting, brah, Prokerov is just driving up the price for Melo, he's got no intension of trading all that for Melo.... Wink

Cutler06
Star

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 05:56:57 pm »

Still hoping we drive NY outta this deal...and pick up the NJ Nyets deals

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: