Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A for McGee, B for Griffen, Nah for Ibaka, D for Derozan...Man Demar was robbed!  (Read 1667 times)
Kenny Van Exel
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: February 19, 2011, 10:15:23 pm »

I just got in for the start of the second round, and "The Show Stopper" felt like one of the best pure dunks in the contest since Richardson...yet those half assed milk the clock dunks that followed somehow eliminated Derozan.  I haven't seen round one yet, but I feel like Griffin at least got through on star power alone...that car thing will go down as one of the poorer gimmicks ever seen in the contest.  Robbed.

DeMar DeRozan: Heading to practice.  ANOTHER DAY TO GET BETTER. Over 1 hour ago
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 11:00:05 pm »

He was clearly robbed, but I am pretty sure it was a given Griffin was winning the contest no matter what transpired. McGee had some good dunks but Ibaka was terrible. Derozan should just stop entering this thing, it's clear the NBA can't handle his awesomeness.

Soon....
ballers101
MVP

Respect: +116

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 11:31:01 pm »

I thought Ibakas first dunk was pretty solid. McGee's first round was terrible.

The contest has become about the best actor who puts on a show, not the best dunker.
AirForceNone
All-Star

Respect: +18

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 01:54:06 am »

More like F as in F*ck this ***!!!

Seriously, Blake copies DeMar's dunk from LAST year and somehow outscores DeMar when he took that dunk to the next level by putting it through his legs.  Just stupid!

I'll give it to McGee that his were the most creative but not the most impressive to watch.  DeRozan easily had the best looking dunks in the first round....the only thing I like as much was Blake's Carter modified arm hang.

Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 04:44:49 am »

Blakes dunks were jusr embarassing. I hope Demar knows he put on the best show.
Miami's Finest
MVP

Respect: +18

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 04:54:40 am »

Ibaka wasn't bad, all 4 dunkers in the 1st round was amazing. If there was ever a dunk contest you could be proud to get eliminated in it was this one.

AlienOverlord
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 06:32:39 am »

Ibaka took off from further then Jordan and that deserved some respect. Blake's dunks were unimpressive and he got it on hype. I knew he'd win it before ever watching it but I really hoped Demar would make it to the final round and he deserved it.
Kenny Van Exel
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 11:14:23 am »

Now that Derozan's saving the damn chicken, I can't wait to see what he does with it in-game.  I could definitely see Ajinca donning the feathers, no ladder required!

DeMar DeRozan: Heading to practice.  ANOTHER DAY TO GET BETTER. Over 1 hour ago
Pro 1
Benchwarmer

Respect: +2

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 01:50:10 pm »

DeMar got robbed big time both JMcGee & DeRozan deserved to be in the finals.

McGee had the most creativity & DeMar had the best 2 dunks overall in the 1st round(how did he only get a 44 on his 1st dunk? It doesn't matter the # of dunk attempts it takes to finish only the final dunk product).

The NBA is the business of basketball- image is everything, reality means nothing unleess it effects the image.

They (Stern & crew) are building Blake (next great light bright almost white hype) up just like Obama was built up (ie fake Nobel peace prize) on the World stage.

Looking back DeMar should have come out with his Show Stopper dunk 1st.

I'm a follower of The Raptor's not a fan aka fanatic!
dankok8
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 02:12:43 pm »

All 4 guys had great dunks including Demar of course.  I don't think anyone was robbed.

Griffin's 360 and honeydip dunks were absolutely sick for a man his size.  The car dunk was also much harder than it appears.  When you look at it from above, you realize.  The dunk would have looked more impressive if he hadn't hung on a rim and just flew past it.
Newt
Starter

Respect: +19

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 05:08:10 pm »

Aside from the multiple attempts from everyone, there were some great dunks.  Ibaka's first dunk was great, the best foul line dunk in history IMO and from a 7 footer.

Demar had the best dunks, but not the showmanship.

McGee's dunks were tough but the many attempts made them boring.  But his creativity and ability as a 7 footer was impressive.

Griffin is a beast, but his dunks probably shouldn't have won the competition.

I'm just really sad that we didn't get to see what else Demar had, he was awesome.
17Medcoy
Journeyman

Respect: +6

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 09:10:06 pm »

How the heck does a car, choir, and whatever else they included in that show legal? NBA fixing things so that they can hype their next "big" star. 

Demar should stop entering this farce unless they absolutely beg on their hands and knees for him to go back.  But even then, let his game on the court do his talking.   

With the way the dunk contest is going you have to entertain the crowd and then just get anything in the hoop to win.  Don't think Demar has it in him to play up to the crowd the way that a dwight howard does anyway - he seems to be an introverted kind of guy. 
Big Fundemental
Starter

Respect: +39

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 10:37:20 pm »

You people are the most joyless group of people I've ever seen. It's not a real competition, it's for fun. God guys, chill Smiley
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 10:42:41 pm »

You people are the most joyless group of people I've ever seen. It's not a real competition, it's for fun. God guys, chill Smiley

We hate the bias we get in Canada
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 10:59:34 pm »

I said it last year when Demar was not in the rookie sophomore game, and Ill say it again this year.

He doesn't have to do ANYTHING but come back and bust some asses in the second half of the season. Which he will.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: