Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Championship predictions, part II  (Read 19687 times)
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 06:13:52 pm »

Spurs will win the NBA Championship.

ceath666
Benchwarmer

Respect: +15

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 10:55:34 pm »

I could honestly not make any kind of a prediction this year. The regular season has been odd this year. The Lakers are not looking at homecourt to finals. The Spurs revival. I also Believe the Mavericks and Heat will be better in the playoffs than most think. I think Lakers  + ? WCF and Boston + Heat ECF.
the throg
Star

Respect: +411

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 01:24:40 am »

will dave stern and the refs allow a finals with the spurs vs. celtics...Huh that might be a little too much defense..
  e.c.f---celtics vs.heat celts in 6
  w
.c.f lake
rs vs spurs...lakers in 5,too much size and offensive weapons for spurs.
   FINALS:boston vs lakers
;

ya heard me
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 01:33:10 am »

will dave stern and the refs allow a finals with the spurs vs. celtics...Huh that might be a little too much defense..
  e.c.f---celtics vs.heat celts in 6
  w
.c.f lake
rs vs spurs...lakers in 5,too much size and offensive weapons for spurs.
   FINALS:boston vs lakers
;

In 5?

Lol, respect your opinion but no way do the Lakers beat the Spurs in only 5 games.

the throg
Star

Respect: +411

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 01:37:11 am »

someone earlier in the thread mentioned that the spurs age might be a factor in the playoffs...it might take a toll on them,so thats why im going with lakers in 5..and another thing..no way is orlando going to the finals...those guys all have bricks for brains...

ya heard me
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 02:40:24 am »

I can't understand how anyone has the Lakers out of the finals .

wishful thinking

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2011, 02:46:23 am »

fairly certain it will be Boston - Lakers... im not sure how close the other teams really are...
The Situation
a.k.a. Lance Blanks
Starter

"Looks like we got a situation"

Respect: +8

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2011, 05:43:49 am »

Lakers > Celtics in 7

n0ggl3
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2011, 05:54:02 am »

I think that the WCF has to be the spurs and lakers with the lakers taking it in 6 or 7

ECF Boston will be there whether it is the bulls or Miami there i am not sure.

finals have to be Lakers v Celtics.i think the loss of Kendrick Perkins is too great for the celtics to win but its going to be 7 game series.

VISIT http://nbauk.forumotions.com/ TO TALK ABOUT THE NBA WITH PEOPLE FROM THE UK
TheBig4
Benchwarmer

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2011, 01:29:55 pm »

No way is LA going to win game 7 in Boston if they do meet with Celts having homecourt.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2011, 08:37:22 am »

Phil Jackson won his first title with the Bulls against the Lakers, I'm gonna predict he gets his last title with the Lakers against the Bulls.  I'll take LA over Oklahoma City in the WCF and Chicago over Boston in the ECF.

Lakers/Bulls in the Finals is more possible than people think.  They match up with the Celtics the best ( if Boozer can ever stop getting hurt).  People have to remember that Garnett averaged 6 or 7 rebounds per game in May and June last year... I'm interested in seeing if Garnett can last this year because last year he didn't.  KG's already had an injury setback plus Shaq isn't in the line up right now helping him with the load inside.  Said it many times, but Kobe outrebounded KG throughout the entire NBA Finals... a 2-guard.  Chicago's front court can easily win the rebounding battle vs. Boston, especially since Perkins is gone and Shaq is good for what?... 6 or 7 rebounds?

Plus Boston is a jumpshooting team and Tom Thibodeau should be really familiar with Pierce's/Allen's/Garnett's tendencies and Boston's sets on offense.  Having Thibodeau is a big advantage for the Bulls in what would be a defensive series.  Rose vs. Rondo is what its gonna come down to.  I like Rose in that match up.  Deng/Brewer/Korver/Bogans are gonna have to fight around those screens close out, but I think they can do that with preparation and help from Thibodeau.  I can see why PJ said the Lakers need to make sure that they stay ahead of Chicago in the standings.  They can beat Boston, I'm with you.

Fair enough.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2011, 09:13:23 am »

No way is LA going to win game 7 in Boston if they do meet with Celts having homecourt.

Post '08 Finals AKA ever since Luke Walton and Radmanovic were pushed out of the immediate line up and Bynum has been IN the line up, take a guess at what the Lakers' record has been in games played @ Boston since then??  They have a 4-2 record @ Boston... Lakers have owned Boston in Boston ever since Ariza/Artest/Bynum have been in the line up.  And to drive the point home, before Boston won the last 2 games @ Boston in the Finals last year... the Lakers were 4-0 @ Boston since '08.

Plus the Lakers have closed out 7 of their last 11 playoff series on the road during their back to back run.  They can take Boston in Boston buddy and do it before Game 7.  If the Lakers win Game 1, road or home, you know the stat when that happens for PJ coaches teams... 100%... they never lose a series.  I told you before that it took a record breaking night from Ray Allen to even make it a close game in Game 2 last year.  Had the Lakers keyed in on Allen earlier and taken care of business they would've gone up 2-0, and then took Game 3 in Boston like they did when they stole homecourt right back... and wallah... all of a sudden Lakers are up 3-0 and looking to close it out in Boston ( Boston, where at the time and up 3-0 in the series, the Lakers had won 100% of the time since '08).

Fair enough.
TheBig4
Benchwarmer

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2011, 03:00:11 pm »

Post '08 Finals AKA ever since Luke Walton and Radmanovic were pushed out of the immediate line up and Bynum has been IN the line up, take a guess at what the Lakers' record has been in games played @ Boston since then??  They have a 4-2 record @ Boston... Lakers have owned Boston in Boston ever since Ariza/Artest/Bynum have been in the line up.  And to drive the point home, before Boston won the last 2 games @ Boston in the Finals last year... the Lakers were 4-0 @ Boston since '08.

Plus the Lakers have closed out 7 of their last 11 playoff series on the road during their back to back run.  They can take Boston in Boston buddy and do it before Game 7.  If the Lakers win Game 1, road or home, you know the stat when that happens for PJ coaches teams... 100%... they never lose a series.  I told you before that it took a record breaking night from Ray Allen to even make it a close game in Game 2 last year.  Had the Lakers keyed in on Allen earlier and taken care of business they would've gone up 2-0, and then took Game 3 in Boston like they did when they stole homecourt right back... and wallah... all of a sudden Lakers are up 3-0 and looking to close it out in Boston ( Boston, where at the time and up 3-0 in the series, the Lakers had won 100% of the time since '08).

You do realize LA has won the previous 2 in Boston in the final seconds in the regular season? I'll give em this years win since they were the aggressor. Owning doesn't mean winning by 1 or 2 points. Owning is what Boston did in LA earlier this season. LA weren't 4-0 in Boston before the finals buddy. Check your math. Boston's what 2-1 at LA since 08? Not great but better than LA themselves.

First of all you are just basing things on your opinion. What's with the predictions? WHAT IF LA DOESN'T WIN GAME 1 WHICH IS LIKELY IN BOSTON. Your just saying crap like oh IF LA does this or that then blah and blah would happen. Is this supposed to convince me? Again, like I told you before Ray Allen was great in game 2 for 1 HALF. What did he do in the second half? Pierce went 2-11 in that game, KG took 5 shots and Boston still won if you want to look at it that way. Again with the if's. Had LA won game 2 then blah blah blah. I can say the same thing. If Boston won game 7 and which they should have then they should be the one that won the championship. The fact is it didn't happen, so quit with the possibilities of what could have happened. What's up with you keep bringing up things from the past? This Celtics team is not the same from last season. They will probably have homecourt over LA, KG isn't playing on 1 leg, Pierce doesn't have knee issues, more determined to win, Rondo has gotten better, the big three are playing their best since 08, they have much more size than last year, and have a better bench. LA hasn't gotten much better since last season. They are probably worse. Before you say look at LA's last 8 games do realize taking 8 games out of 65 doesn't mean they are the favorites to win again.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2011, 04:27:05 pm »

You do realize LA has won the previous 2 in Boston in the final seconds in the regular season? I'll give em this years win since they were the aggressor. Owning doesn't mean winning by 1 or 2 points. Owning is what Boston did in LA earlier this season. LA weren't 4-0 in Boston before the finals buddy. Check your math. Boston's what 2-1 at LA since 08? Not great but better than LA themselves.

First of all you are just basing things on your opinion. What's with the predictions? WHAT IF LA DOESN'T WIN GAME 1 WHICH IS LIKELY IN BOSTON. Your just saying crap like oh IF LA does this or that then blah and blah would happen. Is this supposed to convince me? Again, like I told you before Ray Allen was great in game 2 for 1 HALF. What did he do in the second half? Pierce went 2-11 in that game, KG took 5 shots and Boston still won if you want to look at it that way. Again with the if's. Had LA won game 2 then blah blah blah. I can say the same thing. If Boston won game 7 and which they should have then they should be the one that won the championship. The fact is it didn't happen, so quit with the possibilities of what could have happened. What's up with you keep bringing up things from the past? This Celtics team is not the same from last season. They will probably have homecourt over LA, KG isn't playing on 1 leg, Pierce doesn't have knee issues, more determined to win, Rondo has gotten better, the big three are playing their best since 08, they have much more size than last year, and have a better bench. LA hasn't gotten much better since last season. They are probably worse. Before you say look at LA's last 8 games do realize taking 8 games out of 65 doesn't mean they are the favorites to win again.

Lakers were 3-0 in Boston before Boston won the last two in the Finals, not 4-0... correct and fact.  They got their 4th win @ Boston this year ( another fact).  The point is they're 4-2 in Boston and they haven't struggled to win in Boston at all since '08, whereas Boston got blew out in Games 1 and 6 in L.A. just last year ( fact).  The Boston fan in you makes you say something like " L.A. can't win a Game 7 in Boston " and that's it ( yet another fact).  Your claim isn't based on anything factual ( fact).  I'm not trying to convince you, you're a Boston fan so that's impossible.  I'm just rejecting that declaration of yours.   

And I can't take Boston being 2-1 in L.A. since '08 at face value either... Kobe missed last year's reg season game in L.A. and the Lakers still only lost by 1 point.  " L.A. hasn't gotten much better.  They're probably worse. " ( your opinion)  And still I don't know how you can come to that conclusion since L.A. is on pace to win the same amount of reg season games that they won last year and are playing even better than they did after the all-star break last year.  Plus all of the players that Boston has added aren't having the impact that a healthy Top 5 center in Andrew Bynum has.  If Bynum gets to the playoffs in healthy form this year, your claim that L.A. is probably worse this year will REALLY look stupid.  Most of their team stats are better this year anyway.

Fair enough.
TheBig4
Benchwarmer

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2011, 05:10:20 pm »

Lakers were 3-0 in Boston before Boston won the last two in the Finals, not 4-0... correct and fact.  They got their 4th win @ Boston this year ( another fact).  The point is they're 4-2 in Boston and they haven't struggled to win in Boston at all since '08, whereas Boston got blew out in Games 1 and 6 in L.A. just last year ( fact).  The Boston fan in you makes you say something like " L.A. can't win a Game 7 in Boston " and that's it ( yet another fact).  Your claim isn't based on anything factual ( fact).  I'm not trying to convince you, you're a Boston fan so that's impossible.  I'm just rejecting that declaration of yours.   

And I can't take Boston being 2-1 in L.A. since '08 at face value either... Kobe missed last year's reg season game in L.A. and the Lakers still only lost by 1 point.  " L.A. hasn't gotten much better.  They're probably worse. " ( your opinion)  And still I don't know how you can come to that conclusion since L.A. is on pace to win the same amount of reg season games that they won last year and are playing even better than they did after the all-star break last year.  Plus all of the players that Boston has added aren't having the impact that a healthy Top 5 center in Andrew Bynum has.  If Bynum gets to the playoffs in healthy form this year, your claim that L.A. is probably worse this year will REALLY look stupid.  Most of their team stats are better this year anyway.

First off, you said LA were 4-0 against Boston BEFORE the Finals. Wrong. They haven't struggled to win? Maybe winning by 1 on a Kobe jumper with 2 seconds or winning in overtime by 3 the year prior without kg playing in overtime. Winning by 6 this year sure seems like it's a piece of cake to win. Game 6 was without Perkins. LA needed game 6 more and played harder. Game 2 Boston outplayed LA, Game 7 they should have won, blew them out this year in LA. You think your claim is anything factual? Saying things like If's are sure factual.

What about this year in LA? They got embarrassed. LA didn't have a bad record against the top teams in the nba last season, aren't as dominant at home this year, and are getting criticized because of effort. While Boston is much much better. Considering they nearly knocked you guys out without home court last year I think Boston has a much better chance. Please, you make me laugh whenever you bring up Bynum. Aren't having an impact as a healthy Bynum? Like I said LA has gotten worse this year. What was your response? IF Bynum is healthy, if. For now their not better based on watching 65 games. Obviously things can change but for now their not. The Celtics new addition has played in 6 games together. So you can't really judge anything. Are 5-1 with the new additions. Wait till Shaq, JO, and Delonte heal. As well as the bench getting into the system. No one has even seen what this team is capable of yet because of key players go down. Their all are about to comeback at the right time. Beware.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Jump to: