Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Atlanta and T-Wolves Trade  (Read 2114 times)
CraftyVet
All-Star

« on: May 11, 2007, 10:07:29 am »

TimberWolves trade the benched, potential 20 point scorer Mike James, the underated defensive stopper Trenton Hassell, and a deep role player Justin Reed to the Hawks for:

A young swingman in Josh Childress, a still very young sharpshooter in Salim Stoudimire and the fat gross contract of Speedy Claxton.

What the T-Wolves Lose and Gain:

The Timberwolves lose a guy who can go off and score 30 on any given night in Mike James and a real nice complimentary peice in Trenton Hassell, who is a smart player who plays within himself and knows his role. The T-Wolves also have to take on the Contract of Speedy. Which is clearly a loss.
The Timberwolves gain a young potential 16 point scorer with good athleticism and a nice defensive game in Josh Childress and a sweetshooter who can go off in Salim.

What the Hawks Lose and Gain:

The Hawks lose a player with good character and who is right now considered to be one of their core players in Josh Childres and also a player who really never seemed to find his niche in Atlanta like Salim.
The Hawks get to rid themselves of a player like Speedy Claxton and pick up a very capable point guard (their biggest need) with Mike James. Also, getting a guy like Trenton Hassell can only be good because he has worked for everything he has got, and will be a good role model for the young swingmen in Atlanta.

Thoughts?

Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 11:12:08 am »

6 player trades where all the players involved are crap rarely happen in this league so almost no chance of this, even if its a good idea.
Also, im not sure this works financially. James in on about 6mil as i recall, hassell about 5.5 or so. Salim and Childress are on small rookie contracts.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 11:25:45 am »

Quote from: "Happiness1982"
6 player trades where all the players involved are crap rarely happen in this league so almost no chance of this, even if its a good idea.
Also, im not sure this works financially. James in on about 6mil as i recall, hassell about 5.5 or so. Salim and Childress are on small rookie contracts.

Nah I checked the TradeChecker on Realgm, and it says it is a sucessful scenario.

markGRADY
Starter

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 11:48:53 am »

Sounds good for the Twolves

but I dont think Hawks will trade Childress for an aging point with a big contract after a down year.
phiboy207
Starter

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 09:42:23 pm »

Quote from: "CraftyVet"
Quote from: "Happiness1982"

Nah I checked the TradeChecker on Realgm, and it says it is a sucessful scenario.

Yeah, but we (the Hawks) still wouldn't do it.  We are actually under the cap and could take on salary, which is why the trade would work, but we don't want to - we are already sitting on a trade exemption that we aren't going to use.  We are holding the money to resign Josh Smith, Josh Childress, and / or Marvin Williams when we no longer have them under control.

As far as the fit with us, we have a young team, and we are woefully lacking in talent, but the two things we do NOT need are scorers and wingmen.  Any trade including us without a C or a distributor @ PG coming here just should not happen.  It is Billy Knight, so we might get another 6'8" SF, but after being laughed at for so long, I couldn't see him pull the trigger on something so stupid.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: