Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Team-specific trades  (Read 6786 times)
Happiness1982
MVP

« on: May 11, 2007, 03:50:47 pm »

Right, it seems as if things have decended into crazy King-like trade ideas so instead i'd like to hear ONE trade, involving no more than 4 players in total, that you'd like your team to do over the coming summer.
Any stupid ones will be ruthlessly deleted by my busy fingers.

To start, i'd like Seattle to sign and trade Lewis and to Charlotte for Gerald Wallace and a 2nd round pick.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 09:17:29 pm »

Quote from: "fawaz24"
ok... The Pacers may try to force the contract of Jamaal Tinsley into any O'Neal deal and in theory he could serve well as a starting option for the Lakers at the point. ... LA could send Bynum, Kwame Brown, Vladimir Radmanovic, Aaron McKie (at $2-3 million) and either Maurice Evans or Sasha Vujacic for O'Neal and Tinsley.

How to keep it within 4 players like he said in the post directly above yours? LOL

ceballos
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 02:36:34 pm »

Usually I don't like this kind of making trades, where everybody wants to see a trade where his fav team doesn't give up anybody but crap players and get back real quality. I tried to figure out one with my team Toronto, but I'm not sure if it has any possibility, so don't be cruel guys, okay?  Cheesy

Atlanta-Toronto.

Atlanta gives up one guy from the Childress/Josh Smith/Marvin Williams trio and Anthony Johnson and for financial reasons Lorenzen Wright -and it's an expiring contract anyway-.

Toronto gives up one guy from Calderon/T.J.Ford duo and one or two from Anthony Parker/Jorge Garbajosa/Joey Graham/Juan Dixon four and possible draft picks (depends on the guy from Atlanta).

In this way Atlanta can solve its PG problem, getting a real starter PG and another quality guy like Parker who can be a perfect back-up to Joe Johnson or quality bench players like Dixon and Graham. Also Atlanta can solve his swingmen problem, they have too many guys here and have no real PG.

In this way Toronto can solve its swingman problem, they can get a quality young forward and they also manage their starting PG problem (Calderon and Forb both very young and should get 35-40 MIN/game). I think they need an older PG, a real vet like Johnson who can teach the young PG some stuff. Lorenzen Wright here because of financial considerations and then Toronto can have Bosh and Bargs as starters and Rasho and Wright if they need some power and height.

After the trade it would be ideal for both teams. Both teams then have a core for at least 5-6years. I believe Atlanta would have the final puzzle to become a real threat in the East and Toronto can be then a contender in a few years.

Toronto can have then Calderon(I choose to give up Ford)-Parker or Petterson (they should keep him)-the Atlanta swingman-Bosh-Bargs and real quality backups. Also with Calderon as starting PG and Anthony Johnson as a veteran they can give a chance to Ukic who is a promising player.

Check the trade it works in many ways with this players.

Just a note: it has around 6 players, but I hope it's okay. Atlanta give up the swingman+Johnson+Wright and get back the PG+2players+draft pick(s).
Raptors06/07Champs
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 04:01:08 pm »

Ceballos your crazy, that trade would make the raps 10x worse and Atlanta 10x better. BC would never ever do that man. Your crazy. We coulda at least got Joe Johnson to even it up a little.

Raptors06/07Champs is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust Bandwagon." PM him if you want to join!
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 05:45:03 pm »

i'd say something a little more realistic would be Smith and Wright for Ford, Dixon and a 2nd rounder.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 06:18:59 pm »

Quote from: "Happiness1982"
i'd say something a little more realistic would be Smith and Wright for Ford, Dixon and a 2nd rounder.

That would be nice Smiley Although i still believe Ford has an opportunity to be one of the better point guards in the game. He seems to have a fiery mentality needed to be a great player, if only he was a little more consistant.

I remember a stretch this year, about mid season when Bosh was out and TJ simply took over every game he played in. If he can ever play somewhat consistantly like that, Point guards of the league should beware.

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 07:14:08 pm »

Quote from: "ceballos"
Usually I don't like this kind of making trades, where everybody wants to see a trade where his fav team doesn't give up anybody but crap players and get back real quality. I tried to figure out one with my team Toronto, but I'm not sure if it has any possibility, so don't be cruel guys, okay?  Cheesy

Atlanta-Toronto.

Atlanta gives up one guy from the Childress/Josh Smith/Marvin Williams trio and Anthony Johnson and for financial reasons Lorenzen Wright -and it's an expiring contract anyway-.

Toronto gives up one guy from Calderon/T.J.Ford duo and one or two from Anthony Parker/Jorge Garbajosa/Joey Graham/Juan Dixon four and possible draft picks (depends on the guy from Atlanta).

In this way Atlanta can solve its PG problem, getting a real starter PG and another quality guy like Parker who can be a perfect back-up to Joe Johnson or quality bench players like Dixon and Graham. Also Atlanta can solve his swingmen problem, they have too many guys here and have no real PG.

In this way Toronto can solve its swingman problem, they can get a quality young forward and they also manage their starting PG problem (Calderon and Forb both very young and should get 35-40 MIN/game). I think they need an older PG, a real vet like Johnson who can teach the young PG some stuff. Lorenzen Wright here because of financial considerations and then Toronto can have Bosh and Bargs as starters and Rasho and Wright if they need some power and height.

After the trade it would be ideal for both teams. Both teams then have a core for at least 5-6years. I believe Atlanta would have the final puzzle to become a real threat in the East and Toronto can be then a contender in a few years.

Toronto can have then Calderon(I choose to give up Ford)-Parker or Petterson (they should keep him)-the Atlanta swingman-Bosh-Bargs and real quality backups. Also with Calderon as starting PG and Anthony Johnson as a veteran they can give a chance to Ukic who is a promising player.

Check the trade it works in many ways with this players.

Just a note: it has around 6 players, but I hope it's okay. Atlanta give up the swingman+Johnson+Wright and get back the PG+2players+draft pick(s).

thats actaully not bad. but more like this
Ford, Peterson, Graham for Speedy, CHILDRESS(hes the key), SWilliams, LWright.

Ford -- Johnson
Johnson -- Peterson
Smith -- Graham
MWilliams -- MLE
(hopfully top 3 pick) -- Pachulia

Calderon -- Speedy
Childress --  Dixon
Parker -- Garbajosa
Bosh -- SWilliams
Bargs -- Nesterovic
legenderypete
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 07:24:37 pm »

pistons - resign billups and dice, bring back acker from europe as he was one of the best players in europe as a replacement for hunter who is retiring.  draft a backup for rip and maybe trade for a younger center because dale davis might be retiring
ceballos
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 12:01:18 am »

Quote from: "Raptors06/07Champs"
Ceballos your crazy, that trade would make the raps 10x worse and Atlanta 10x better. BC would never ever do that man. Your crazy. We coulda at least got Joe Johnson to even it up a little.

First: don't understand the anger you shows here. I just told my opinion and it's your turn to discuss, but there is no need this pathetic "you're
crazy" stuff.

Second: i absolutely can't agree with you. People keep saying that if T.J.Ford can play consistantly good, he can be somebody. He can't, so what? And we already have a good PG who can play night-by-night good.

One of the rising stars of the league should be Josh Smith, he is young -younger than Ford!- and he is already "somebody". He is a defensive monster and it seems to me he is the final piece to the Raps. Then we can go with Calderon-Peterson (if we can keep him)-Smith-Bosh-Bargs, that would be nice. On the other way Atlanta gets the last piece also and it's a good PG.
Anyway: if you think that a trade with an above avarage PG and 1 old but quality player (Parker 32 years old, Garbajosa 30 years) or 2 benchplayer -like Dixon and Graham- for a SF/PF who has nearly 3BLK, 1.5SPG, 9REBS, you should think about the last 10 years NBA trades. There is nothing irrealistic about it. Also I always wondering -and I'm a Raps fan!- how the Raps fans overvalued Ford every time. He is nothing spectacular. Being really fast, doesn't mean that you can controll the game and your team.

Third: of course I just had the idea, that most of the posters here have sense, and can figure out that this trade is based around Toronto PG and Atlanta swingman. The added stuff (like players and draft picks) depends on the key names. Of course I didn't mean that we can get Josh Childress for Ford-Parker and a draft pick. Josh Smith has a higher trade value then comes with a big space Williams and Childress.
ceballos
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 12:04:13 am »

Yeah we are on the same boat. Originally I thought about a trade with Toronto PG and Atlanta swingman. Lots of variations are possible. Actually your's is nice, but I think you should give up a 1st rounder then.

note: especially 'cause Wright contract is an expiring one, so it has some value.
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 03:25:44 am »

Quote from: "legenderypete"
pistons - resign billups and dice, bring back acker from europe as he was one of the best players in europe as a replacement for hunter who is retiring.  draft a backup for rip and maybe trade for a younger center because dale davis might be retiring

This is what i want to see, something that can be done. What trade might this be for a C tho Pete?

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 04:48:17 am »

Lamar Odom and Sasha Vujaic for Paul Pierce(if he demand a trade) plus he would be a good 2nd option player behind Kobe able to score 25+ and rebound 7+ and pass 4.5+

haha if boston gets oden, he aint going to leave.
ceballos
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 05:02:58 am »

is it irony or something? i feel myself stupid but I don't get it Sad

EDIT: lol no its not, i removed that post as its simply nonsense.
legenderypete
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 07:29:50 am »

Quote from: "legenderypete"

This is what i want to see, something that can be done. What trade might this be for a C tho Pete?

just someone who can rebound or play defence, maybe someone like varejo who is a free agent would be a solid fit.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 10:32:45 pm »

Quote from: "ceballos"

is it irony or something? i feel myself stupid but I don't get it Sad

EDIT: lol no its not, i removed that post as its simply nonsense.

boston celtics gets ripped off

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: