Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Team-specific trades  (Read 6663 times)
gogo2disco
MVP

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 12:54:30 am »

Lakers trade Lamar Odom, Jordan Farmar, Kwame Brown to Indiana for Jermaine O'neal, Jamaal Tinsley, and David Harrison

Then the Lakers sign Rashard Lewis or Gerald Wallace

Lakers Roster
PG-Jamaal Tinsley
SG-Kobe Bryant/Maurice Evans
SF-Rashard Lewis/Gerald Wallace  /Luke Walton
PF-Jermaine O'neal/Vlamdimir Radmanovic
C-Andrew Bynum/David Harrison

Pacers Roster
PG-Jordan Farmar/Darrell Armstrong
SG-Mike Dunleavy
SF-Danny Granger
PF-Lamar Odom/Troy Murphy
C-Kwame Brown/Ike Diogu

Pacers get a very young roster, built for the future, while the Lakers get immediate help. Lakers can draft a Point-Gaurd and the Pacers can draft a SG/SF.

Suggestions??
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 01:34:24 am »

No offense Gogo but this is going to be removed unless you can explain it.

Why would indy want another wing for their best player, and how on earth would they then be able to sign wallace (or any other fa). If you meant sign and trade then please state for who.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 04:13:21 am »

Quote from: "gogo2disco"
Lakers trade Lamar Odom, Jordan Farmar, Kwame Brown to Indiana for Jermaine O'neal, Jamaal Tinsley, and David Harrison

Then the Lakers sign Rashard Lewis or Gerald Wallace

Lakers Roster
PG-Jamaal Tinsley
SG-Kobe Bryant/Maurice Evans
SF-Rashard Lewis/Gerald Wallace  /Luke Walton
PF-Jermaine O'neal/Vlamdimir Radmanovic
C-Andrew Bynum/David Harrison

Pacers Roster
PG-Jordan Farmar/Darrell Armstrong
SG-Mike Dunleavy
SF-Danny Granger
PF-Lamar Odom/Troy Murphy
C-Kwame Brown/Ike Diogu

Pacers get a very young roster, built for the future, while the Lakers get immediate help. Lakers can draft a Point-Gaurd and the Pacers can draft a SG/SF.

Suggestions??

I can't see the Pacers wanting to make a move like that simply because they lose their best player for a solid wing player (which they already have in Danny Granger) and table scraps (Kwame Brown and Jordan Farmer). Plus they give up a very capable point guard (when healthy) in Jamall Tinsley.

gogo2disco
MVP

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 03:46:35 pm »

Pacers are probably trying to get rid of Tinsley now...that he has been injured for every damn season. They get a young point-guard in return who led UCLA to the final four, and showed very high capabilities during his playing time. Jermaine O'neal also demanded a trade, and Odom+Kwame isn't bad to make up for Jermaine. Odom is a 15-10 and Kwame can get you 10-7. Jermaine isnt even good for 20-10 anymore, he is out of his prime, he is a 18-8 guy now.

Lakers can also afford another free agent. After the trade, they will still have 10million left.
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 04:23:30 pm »

Gogo im almost certain your financial assertions are incorrect. please provide proof.
Again, indy are stacked with sf guys they dont need odom and no-one needs brown.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

fawaz24
Starter

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 05:25:31 am »

If I were given the chance to play Mitch the Cupcake, heres what I’d do:

1. Re-sign Luke Walton (4M), Ronny Turiaf (2M) and Mihm (2M) to 3 year contracts thru their Bird Rights. Mihm with 1st year guarantee only due to health reasons.
2. Package Radmanovic and the #40 pick to Minny for Mike James. They have the same contract anyway and Minny gets a free player in return.
3. Trade Brian Cook for a second rounder in 2009 to Charlotte or any other team who is under the cap. Dumping 3.5M in salary in the process.
3. Acquire Ron Artest via Kwame Brown the 19th pick.
4. Trade Sasha Vujacic the #48 pick to Detroit for Flip Murray (after exercising player option) worth 1,890,000.

We will then be fielding this lineup:

PG - Farmar / Mike James /
SG - Kobe / Flip Murray /
SF - Artest / Walton / Evans
PF - Odom / Turiaf /
C - Bynum / Mihm /

5. Free up 10M in the payroll by seasons’ end to accommodate KG next year when he opts out.

CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 07:51:09 am »

Quote from: "fawaz24"
If I were given the chance to play Mitch the Cupcake, heres what I’d do:

1. Re-sign Luke Walton (4M), Ronny Turiaf (2M) and Mihm (2M) to 3 year contracts thru their Bird Rights. Mihm with 1st year guarantee only due to health reasons.
2. Package Radmanovic and the #40 pick to Minny for Mike James. They have the same contract anyway and Minny gets a free player in return.
3. Trade Brian Cook for a second rounder in 2009 to Charlotte or any other team who is under the cap. Dumping 3.5M in salary in the process.
3. Acquire Ron Artest via Kwame Brown the 19th pick.
4. Trade Sasha Vujacic the #48 pick to Detroit for Flip Murray (after exercising player option) worth 1,890,000.

We will then be fielding this lineup:

PG - Farmar / Mike James /
SG - Kobe / Flip Murray /
SF - Artest / Walton / Evans
PF - Odom / Turiaf /
C - Bynum / Mihm /

5. Free up 10M in the payroll by seasons’ end to accommodate KG next year when he opts out.

That team would have A LOT of risky personalities, and I don't exactly see where all the shots would come from. Kobe will get his, but guys like Artest, Mike James, Lamar Odom and even a Flip Murray are going to look for theirs. The talent would definately be there, but the team work would simply not gel.

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 08:01:20 am »

yeah artest kobe coud work, but the rest of team would have to be right, and that team doesnt work.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 04:26:33 pm »

As a long time Pacers fan, I would be willing to trade Tinsley for a Bag of Used Basketballs, and a Snickers bar...

Boom Baby!!!!
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007, 04:43:00 pm »

make it a Twix and you've got yourself a deal, Sir!

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

themadkiwi
MVP

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 02:27:38 pm »

Okay, I've mentioned these kind of deals before but I'll summarize here.

I'd like to see Zach Randolph moved and us get a quality veteran SF in return. This would free the PF spot up for LaMarcus Aldridge to play in his preferred position. We would then also need to look for help at center (with Aldridge moving across, Magloire probably on the way out and Przybilla with injury worries).

If we can't make a run at Rashard Lewis, I'd like to see something like a deal with New Jersey (for Richard Jefferson) or Chicago (probably involving a third team). The Blazers could involve players such as Jarret Jack, Martell Webster or Dan Dickau as complementary pieces.

I'm trying to think of other good landing spots for Randolph. Any thoughts? It would probably need to be a team that runs a half-court offense and has a decent defensive center to make up for his shortcomings.
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 03:12:59 pm »

I think NJ is a decent shout, Kiwi. Kidd might be able to keep him in check, they want rid of Jefferson by all accounts, I think that would work.

Philly need a post scorer but im not sure even BK is crazy enough to do that deal. Cant imagine Paxson would want someone so deficient defensively on his team.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

themadkiwi
MVP

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 08:20:40 pm »

Yeah, I think a NJ trade could benefit both teams and let's face it, it needs to (at least on paper) to be viable. The number of purely fanciful trade ideas you see gets a little tiresome...

The only thing I can see in favour of Zach with the Bulls would be the presence of Ben Wallace at his back. I'm not sure what the Blazers would want from Chicago in return which is why I'd think it might take a three team deal with two mid-level to large contract players getting moved from each team.
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 01:57:02 am »

Yeah i mean the thing with Chi is that a)they want 'character guys' and b)after this season they dont have PJ Brown's contract and so they're a bit short on assets (ones they'd want to trade lol) so as you say a 3 team would have to happen.
At least the blazers and nets can essentially do a swap of Jeff and Zach and the nets can throw some chaff in to even the finances.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

Steady Boy
Journeyman

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 03:23:03 am »

Quote from: "gogo2disco"
Pacers are probably trying to get rid of Tinsley now...that he has been injured for every damn season. They get a young point-guard in return who led UCLA to the final four, and showed very high capabilities during his playing time. Jermaine O'neal also demanded a trade, and Odom+Kwame isn't bad to make up for Jermaine. Odom is a 15-10 and Kwame can get you 10-7. Jermaine isnt even good for 20-10 anymore, he is out of his prime, he is a 18-8 guy now.

Lakers can also afford another free agent. After the trade, they will still have 10million left.

Dude, kobe and JO atone for 40mil in salaries next year. They won't have money to sign a major player unless it's for the midlevel.

The pacers would basically give up tinsley for nothing just to dump his contract. An odom, kwame, farmar would be a decent deal for the pacers but I'm guessing they'd ask for bynum also which I think the lakers should do. Tho in this deal, I'd hold out farmar for tinsley. Odom/bynum for JO. All the talk that bynum has shaq-like potential is crazy! He looks like the next dampier to me. Pairing JO w kobe would be scary. Odom is a underachiever and is only a very good player in theory but in reality, is just a good player.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: