Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Golden state play off material?  (Read 7592 times)
ab40
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: June 20, 2006, 01:46:44 am »

I thought they were going to at least try to get there, they need to let dunleavy go to a club where he can have the ball in his hands because he doesn't fit with this team. What do you think the warriors should do or go after this ofseason?

all men are my brethern, the world is my country, to do good is my religion
theterrible
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 05:13:38 pm »

MDJ's gonna be BYC, right?  So he probably won't be tradeable.  My preference would be to bring in a lockdown perimeter defender, either by trade or draft, and start him at the 3, with MDJ off the bench.  Pietrus would then be expendable and they could use him to go after Jamaal Magloire, who had a couple very good seasons with Baron.  The team may just be a few pieces away from being pretty damn good--as long as the players they have (Baron especially) play up to their usual level next year.  

As for the draft, I like what I've read about Ronnie Brewer.  In his interviews, he seems enthusiastic about defense, and he tested very well athletically (#2 out of the whole draft) at the pre-draft camp.  I'm hoping he's Josh Howard with better passing ability--if so, could be a great starting SF for thet W's.  O'Bryant may be too tempting for brass, but then they'd have three centers--two of which are projects, and the third who isn't good enough to start.  Just doesn't make sense to me.
Jademan
Benchwarmer

Respect: +2

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 06:38:27 pm »

Trade all of them for a pack of smokes. No one is untouchable, not J-Rich, not Baron. The problem is all of them have untradeable contracts. GS is in a world of pain for many years to come.
lakerfanryan8
Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 04:25:21 pm »

Everyone is on the trade block in Golden State. Espically Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy

lakerfanryan8 is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust bandwagon."

Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 11:39:24 am »

Golden State is a team that really does just need to start over. They have a few young players that they could keep on, but besides that, I really don't see this team going anywhere in the near future. They really need to figure out what they have in Chris Taft to start. He hurt his back last year, so he couldn't play, but was a monster in college. His attitude let him slip down the draft board.

sixers76_ai3
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 12:47:26 pm »

You guys are like the Knicks but without the salary problems.  Don't take on a bunch of stupid contracts and dig yourself a hole.  Your players I think would have a lot of trade value.  You might get ripped off a little, with like Davis and Richardson, but the young talents would be worth it.

http://www.phonesherpa.com/home.aspx?af_id=011B430B8D
Ringtones for cheap-make them yourself-the first one is free!
Make sure you sign up today!!!
Jademan
Benchwarmer

Respect: +2

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 11:47:59 pm »

First:  trade as many parts for 1st round draft picks for next year. Next years draft is killer. GS has a lot of valuable pieces.

Next get a better coach. I like montgomery but he's too much of a college coach. We need results fast.

Last, figure out how GS should play. They need a style that defines the team. GS played last year like a hodge podge of strangers at a local Y.
big bad kahoona
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 12:04:44 am »

The Warriors need a leader and a locker room presence. Fisher provided some of that but not enough. Now that he's gone, they need to replace him with a veteran who can motivate them.

If i cant dazzle u with brilliance, then ima baffle u with bullshit...
RayAllen34
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 05:21:51 pm »

One Word

CONTRACTS.

Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 10:30:09 pm »

Golden State looks to be going nowhere, fast. And for some reason, they seem to be stocking the front line with lots of young talent. I think we will see them work out a trade for a veteran somewhere down the line.

On another note. This franchise obviously needs to rebuild, and they need to do this rebuild around the talent and skill set of Monta Ellis. They found a real star in this guy. Hopefully they don't let him slip away like they let Gilbert Arenas slip away...

Kobe Is Awesome
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 12:55:20 am »

No.

Chopper reads your letters!
"I'm 35 and have trouble meeting girls" Brad, Queensland.
Grow a f****n moustache
Ronnie Johns
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 03:31:00 pm »

Two words:

Hell No!!!
lungi101
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 05:04:11 pm »

GS is one of those teams I dont understand. Why are they going after Al Harrington. If they are going to give up TMurphy for Al? How does that make them any better. They lose rebounding, and gain a little bit of scoring thats it! GS confuses me. They give unproven young players bloated extensions, and proven scrubs massive contracts. They have no cap flexibility and keep adding draft picks each year. If they will be good, I only see it being a one hit wonder.
theterrible
Undrafted

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 01:40:52 pm »

The logic behind the trade is that A) they go more athletic by trading Murphy and bringing Dunleavy off the bench, with Harrington and Diogu starting; B) frees up more time for Diogu, whom they think can be a go-to guy in the post; and C) adding some scoring where they haven't been getting it, i.e. the SF spot.  

Personally I'd be happier with a pickup of Jared Jeffries, or someone else who can be a defensive stopper at SF.  I was hoping for Ronnie Brewer in the draft, but oh well.
Halfdan The Black
Journeyman

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 01:16:23 am »

With the exception of the New York Knicks, Golden State seems to be the franchise most likely to not be in the playoffs anytime soon.  Any team that spends good money on Troy Murphy, Adonal Foyle, and worst of all, Mike Dunleavey Jr., doesn't deserve to succeed.  And I wouldn't count on Baron Davis and Jason Richardson having enough to change matters.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: