Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artest Trade proposal  (Read 3871 times)
bectond
Undrafted

« on: May 14, 2007, 09:11:27 am »

The Kings, Bobcats and Blazers should engage in a three team trade that would:

1- Allow the Bobcats to build the best young defensive team in the NBA
2- Allow the Kings to rid themselves of Artest while at the same time getting some value on the open market
3- Allow the Blazers to rid them selves of Darius Miles, without giving up much.

If Portland agrees to swop the 5th pick for Charlotte's 8th pick,
Charlotte would then be in position to draft Noah at the 5th slot.
Charlotte would then send Herrman, Morrison, Brezec and the 22nd pick to Sacramento for Artest.
Portland would send Miles and the 52nd and 53rd pick to Charlotte and the 42nd pick to Sacramento.

Portland, has 12 players under contract, many of which are rookies. Therefore, they don't need the 3 2nd rounders. Subtracting Miles and his 8 million from the cap would be worth losing three unneeded 2nd rounders and drop three slots in the 1st round.

Sacramento, would get three solid players that could brake into their 8 man rotation headed by Morrison and Herrman as well as the 22nd and 42nd picks.

Charlotte could turn into the best young defensive team in the league with the addition of Artest and Noah. Charlotte would also get the 52nd and 53rd picks in a deep draft class. Jordan has relationships with both Miles and Artest and he ma be able to salvage their careers.

Knight, Wallace, Artest, Okafor and Noah would be a top notch defensive squad and with Felton, Miles, May and Harrington coming off the bench one of the deepest teams as well.
CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 12:10:02 pm »

I like how well you have thought out this deal, but as it seems more and more with todays NBA, 2nd rounders are becoming invaluable (Steals like Ginobili, Millsap, Redd, Even Arenas) and Portland losing not one, but 3 would make it a bad deal for them.

I'm sure they would be all for losing that headcase Darius Miles, but for the cost of 3 second rounders, not to mention a slip in the first round, is simply not worth it for them. The other teams both win in my opinion.

bectond
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 02:14:15 pm »

Well, the picks are not that big of a deal I just felt that since the Blazers drafted 4 no.1 picks last year, they may not have enough roster spots or minutes for the next few years to develop 4 more draftees this year. This trade would work for the other teams involved if the Blazers kept the picks.
themadkiwi
MVP

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 02:35:51 pm »

That's plausible for the Blazers if it allowed them to make a charge at picking up Rashard Lewis. That's the only way I see that happening.

The free agent market is probably too weak this off-season otherwise to justify doing that. I think they could get better value for their picks than that. Admittedly, dropping three places in the first round would still get the Blazers a very useful player and I'm sure the Blazers will be looking to add quality veteran talent this year rather than more youngsters.

I think you're right if you're assuming that the Blazers will do a lot of shuffling come draft night and the off-season once again, or at least attempt to.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 10:04:19 pm »

miles to the knicks for malik rose

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 11:42:47 pm »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"

King doing what he does best...

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 12:58:59 am »

Quote from: "Mild Sauce"

its been talked about for almost two years now

Bradleiu
Star

I have no life

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 04:09:55 am »

i say no for charlotte because even if jordan does have a good relationship with artest we dont have the players to 'control' him,he would want to make it his team. Also not sure if he wants to play in Charlotte,as for Miles the same again. I also dont want us drafting noah or losing herrmann
Pervis Ellison
MVP

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 04:49:28 am »

Quote from: "bectond"
The Kings, Bobcats and Blazers should engage in a three team trade that would:

1- Allow the Bobcats to build the best young defensive team in the NBA
2- Allow the Kings to rid themselves of Artest while at the same time getting some value on the open market
3- Allow the Blazers to rid them selves of Darius Miles, without giving up much.

If Portland agrees to swop the 5th pick for Charlotte's 8th pick,
Charlotte would then be in position to draft Noah at the 5th slot.
Charlotte would then send Herrman, Morrison, Brezec and the 22nd pick to Sacramento for Artest.
Portland would send Miles and the 52nd and 53rd pick to Charlotte and the 42nd pick to Sacramento.

Portland, has 12 players under contract, many of which are rookies. Therefore, they don't need the 3 2nd rounders. Subtracting Miles and his 8 million from the cap would be worth losing three unneeded 2nd rounders and drop three slots in the 1st round.

Sacramento, would get three solid players that could brake into their 8 man rotation headed by Morrison and Herrman as well as the 22nd and 42nd picks.

Charlotte could turn into the best young defensive team in the league with the addition of Artest and Noah. Charlotte would also get the 52nd and 53rd picks in a deep draft class. Jordan has relationships with both Miles and Artest and he ma be able to salvage their careers.

Knight, Wallace, Artest, Okafor and Noah would be a top notch defensive squad and with Felton, Miles, May and Harrington coming off the bench one of the deepest teams as well.

so that means they should get oden?

td21
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 05:03:28 am »

portland could use an experienced big man since magloire will probaly leave, but unless ny is going to cut miles, they're in trouble. the cancer spreading in ny is the last thing they would want their. Cool
Pervis Ellison
MVP

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 05:32:09 am »

Quote from: "td21"

portland could use an experienced big man since magloire will probaly leave, but unless ny is going to cut miles, they're in trouble. the cancer spreading in ny is the last thing they would want their. Cool

i bet they would give it a try if JO does land in new york because by then they have all the tools. one wrong move wont take them a few steps back

bectond
Undrafted

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 12:41:59 pm »

Portland has 12 players under contract and they want to re-sign Udoka.
They have 1 1st round pick and 4 2nd rounders.
Since they only have 2 open spots they will have to either trade 3 of the second rounders, draft Foreign players and leave them overseas to develop or release the players they draft in the second round. Trading Miles would open up a much needed roster spot and allow the Blazers to sign one of their 2nd rounders, they could then package the 3 later 2nd round picks with Miles in a trade because they already have 4 no.1 picks from last years draft to develop.
themadkiwi
MVP

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 07:49:44 am »

I don't know if any of you guys have seen Darius Miles lately. He's a good 40 pounds above playing shape. I have serious doubts he'll ever play in the NBA again. I think his chances of being traded are virtually nil.

He would have to show the kind of work ethic we've never seen from him to come back next season in any form where he's able to contribute. I hope for his sake he does - he could be a useful role-player still for the Blazers if he got his head together.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: