Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Toronto Raptors - Trade options aswell as their future.  (Read 10295 times)
jordanpicken
« on: May 14, 2007, 04:02:42 pm »

Being a Raptors fan, I am optimistic of what next season holds. Surprisingly, after the 2-8 start, they rebounded and finished with a solid season. With MoPete being a free agents, and most likely to leave to somewhere like Detriot, what do you think the Raps will need to improve on to become a true force in the East.

The Raps showed this season that they need an athletic SF. Because they don't have a draft choice, who on the free agent market would be a good player to fill that role?

Also, the Raps need a dominant center. In my eyes, someone like a Ben Wallace in the sense. They don't need a scorer, just a big man hard to defend in the post that is a solid rebounder.

Many ideas have come up as of trading Bargnani. Because of having CB4 at PF, there is no true role Bargnani can fill on the starting lineup, which is a problem considering his skill and potential. Should he be put a small forward, and faced with guarding more athletic players than himself, or put at center where he will be bullied around because of his strength issue at center?

All comments are appreciated. Cheesy
Raptor182
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 05:09:09 pm »

Bargnani is the start of a new breed of centers in the NBA. I project him to be the starting center on the Raptors next season. Centers like Shaq, Rasho etc. are being phased out for big men like Dirk and Bargnani. Colangelo will be out of Toronto if he trades Bargnani. Bargnani is a diamond in the rough. He is only going to get better. If the Raptors want to get better, keep Bargnani.

Raptors06/07Champs
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 08:10:05 pm »

I agree. keep Bargs at Centre for next year. Bargs is going to be a great player so getting rid of him would be dumb. We need a guy like Gerald Wallace for the SF postion and we should be all set for next year.

Raptors06/07Champs is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust Bandwagon." PM him if you want to join!
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 09:17:32 pm »

The last thing we would need to do is trade Bargani(okay, maybe second last, because trading Bosh would be pretty bad to). The guy is 21 for God's sake and he played great all year. He's going to be good man, damn good.

Soon....
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 10:52:34 pm »

its ok with bargnani as the center, they play fast-pace

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 01:29:29 am »

offencively bargnani is great at center

but defencively he could suffer, with guys like oden and few others coming into the league and theres still guys like howard, amare, yao, curry, jo, duncan etc who r too strong for bargnani.
legenderypete
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 04:24:30 am »

bargs isnt a center in anyway of form, he more of a dirk type player than a big man, they should keep him as a pf, and play bosh as center
Raptor182
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 04:31:54 am »

I see Bargnani more of a Center then Bosh. The way the Raptors based their offense, Bosh is better fitted at PF then C. This summer Bargnani needs to get stronger so he can hold his own in the middle.

gogo2disco
MVP

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 12:16:41 am »

Getting to strong may mess with his shooting though...they should use a huge front court, because its not like Bargiani or Bosh are slow big men. One of those guys could start at small forward...and they can get a good center that can board offensivley well, and get easy buckets. No need for a great center that dominates, just a decent one.
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 12:35:37 am »

Quote from: "Raptor182"
Bargnani is the start of a new breed of centers in the NBA. I project him to be the starting center on the Raptors next season. Centers like Shaq, Rasho etc. are being phased out for big men like Dirk and Bargnani. Colangelo will be out of Toronto if he trades Bargnani. Bargnani is a diamond in the rough. He is only going to get better. If the Raptors want to get better, keep Bargnani.
Centers like Rasho are being phased out because they suck.  Centers like Shaq will always have a home.  well, shaq is old and fat, but a center like him in his prime, there isn't a team around that wouldn't accept that.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 12:57:55 am »

Quote from: "legenderypete"
bargs isnt a center in anyway of form, he more of a dirk type player than a big man, they should keep him as a pf, and play bosh as center

in that case, they really need a center. bosh cant play there, bargnanani cant play there either and cant play full-time small forward. they have a lot to think about their roster as time goes on

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Bradleiu
Star

I have no life

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 03:58:57 am »

how about they trade bosh to free up time at pf for bargarni.how about bosh for anthony?
oxxx|__________7
Undrafted

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 10:23:13 am »

if ur gonna trade bosh - it better be Oden or Durant.
Raptor182
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 02:02:14 pm »

I don't care who it's for but if Colangelo traded Bosh, I would personally chase him out of town. Bosh is an All-Star, All NBA Second Team, he is loyal, a great leader and one hell of a franchise player and his best years still to come. This team is built around Bosh and is on it's way to winning, to trade Bosh, you'd have to change most of the roster to build the team around someone else.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 02:48:33 pm »

I wouldn't trade Bosh for Oden or Durant if you paid me.

Soon....
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: