Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Toronto Raptors - Trade options aswell as their future.  (Read 10282 times)
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 03:51:50 pm »

Quote from: "cselby"
I wouldn't trade Bosh for Oden or Durant if you paid me.

Really? Wow i'd trade him for Oden no questions. Not Durant though. Reason being I think the Raps have plenty of time to mould around another player, I dont think they're that tied-up to Bosh in terms of gameplay, and they dont have people who'll be past their best when Oden peaks.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
Raptor182
Journeyman

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 03:58:26 pm »

Trading Bosh would be harder now, with his $12mil salary and all.
Plus, trading Bosh would destroy the locker room, since he is the franchise player and is expected to be in Toronto for a long, long time.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 04:10:56 pm »

Quote from: "Happiness1982"

Really? Wow i'd trade him for Oden no questions. Not Durant though. Reason being I think the Raps have plenty of time to mould around another player, I dont think they're that tied-up to Bosh in terms of gameplay, and they dont have people who'll be past their best when Oden peaks.

My reasons

1)They are completely different players. Bosh is a perimeter/inside guy who can shoot and slash and basically score when he wants. Oden can dominate the paint, but his offense is very raw and..

2)He dominated the paint, at the college level. I AM NOT SAYING for heavens sake don't get me wrong that I don't think Oden is going to be great, but Bosh is a proven All-Star, Oden hasn't played an NBA game yet.

Soon....
themadkiwi
MVP

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 05:20:35 pm »

2)He dominated the paint, at the college level. I AM NOT SAYING for heavens sake don't get me wrong that I don't think Oden is going to be great, but Bosh is a proven All-Star, Oden hasn't played an NBA game yet.

And that, my friends, is the crux of the matter. You can't trade a franchise, young and still improving, all-star player straight-up for a totally unproven commodity, even one as highly touted as Oden. That's madness.
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 11:58:23 pm »

I agree with Cselby here. Not just that Oden isn't proven yet. I actually really think that Oden is going to wind up being a more valuable piece and a better player than Bosh, but right now Toronto has good chemistry going with their team, and Bosh is a key part of that. Taking him out of that equation for someone like Oden would completely change the entire face of that team and cause them to have to rebuild around that.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 12:35:14 am »

id do Bosh for Oden.
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2007, 12:55:13 am »

Quote from: "Happiness1982"

My reasons

1)They are completely different players. Bosh is a perimeter/inside guy who can shoot and slash and basically score when he wants. Oden can dominate the paint, but his offense is very raw and..

at the very least, moving bosh frees up room for bargnani to play the position that makes the most sense for him.  and they compliment each other very well.  I can't think of a GM alive who wouldn't take bosh for Oden.
Raptor182
Journeyman

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2007, 05:37:31 am »

It's been said before, Bosh has proven himself in the NBA and he isn't even in his prime yet. The Raptors are growing and have great chemistry and are building the puzzle around Bosh. Trading Bosh for a rook makes no sense.

It's like a Jenga puzzle. Take Bosh out, the whole thing falls apart, doesn't matter who it's for. The Raptors have come along way with Bosh. It would be like the last four years have been a waste, because you would have to start building the team around a different type of player.

Bosh and Bargnani are a decent 1-2 punch in the front court. It's not like they are set to playing C and PF. Their games contrast each other well on the court. They can switch on defense if nessecary. They can both exist. And as much as I like Bargnani, I wouldn't trade Bosh to give Bargnani the position, nor would I trade a player like Bargnani. They are both untouchable, IMO.

Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2007, 06:02:08 am »

Dont get me wrong as I really like Bosh but I have 2 things to say about that:

1) I saw a lot of Raptors posts saying 'we dont have a franchise player, we're all about the team, everyone is equal' etc so im confused as to whether you guys want Bosh as the main man or not and if your team isnt built around him then it would hurt too much to have Oden instead.
2) I dont see why you think Oden would take any longer to fit in than Bosh did. Who's to say he wouldnt adjust even quicker? And you say Bosh is proven, which he is to an extent, but he disappeared for most of the playoffs, no?

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 06:23:18 am »

Uh huh, and if thats your arguement..and I see what you mean..then, I'll say it again, Bosh maybe played poorly in the playoffs, but Oden hasn't played a single NBA game yet. Catch my drift?

Soon....
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2007, 06:31:37 am »

No its not my argument but it was said that Oden hasnt proven himself but my point is that he could conceivably come in, blend very quickly and play a lot better come playoff time. Dont take offense, Bosh is excellent but he wasnt leading the team in the playoffs.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

Raptor182
Journeyman

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 01:38:15 pm »

They played a team game but the focal point is Bosh. He is the All-Star, the leading scorer, the leading rebounder. The team is built around him, but it's not just about Bosh. What I'm trying to say is that Bosh is the go to guy, but there are other options. I'm not really good at explaining it.

In regards to Bosh's performance in the playoffs. It certainly wasn't his best playing, but neither was the team. The team needs Bosh, and Bosh needs the team.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2007, 02:13:35 pm »

Bosh is still a bit inconsistent, but the Raptors have enough of a team that they're usually to pick up on the things that Bosh isn't during any given night. The Raptors were just plain flat out outplayed during the playoffs.

Raptor182
Journeyman

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2007, 02:33:30 pm »

NJ just knew what to do. They know the level of play for the playoffs. JKidd and Jefferson have been playing playoff basketball together for years. And there season went down to the wire, as to were the Raptors slacked off the last few games. I don't blame Bosh, or anyone else one on the roster. Just because we lost in 6 games doesn't mean Bosh has to be traded and that the team sucks. They weren't even supposed to make the playoffs, or win the Atlantic and they couldn't of done it without Bosh.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2007, 03:57:16 pm »

Exactly, Bosh wasn't great in that series, but you can't just suddenly give up on him.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: