Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paul Pierce-Shawn Marion-Rashard Lewis  (Read 4268 times)
celticpride
Undrafted

« on: May 14, 2007, 05:06:40 pm »

The way I see it, if the Celtics score Oden or Durant, the problem will be tht Pierce will be aging as they hit their stride. If Phoenix loses to San Antonio again, they know they need an upgrade to try to win it next year whle Nash is still tops. Marion has 2 years left at $16-$17M and he's probably not worth that much. Pierce has been suffering long enough in Boston - he'll kill for a chance at the championship. He scores 25 a night with 2-3 defenders collapsing on him - imagine if he was on a competitive team!  Seattle has to hope to get something valuable for Lewis - I don't think he wants to stay there - it'll definitely be a sign and trade with someone. So here's the trade:

Seatlle get S Marion
Phoenix gets Pierce and Delonte West
Boston gets R Lewis and L Barbosa

If Lewis signs of $12-13M, the numbers work. Phoenix gets another superstar in Pierce that will get them over the top and a good 6th man in West who can play the 1 or 2 and shoot well from the outside. Boston gets good value for Pierce and younger players who will be in their prime in 3-5 years along with Jefferson and ?Oden/Durant. Seattle gets a stud for Lewis...the Celtics might need to throuw in a future conditional first round draft pick to Seattle to even it out.
CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 06:14:15 pm »

Getting a guy like Shawn Marion would be a pretty sweet deal for a sign and trade, as far as Seattle is concerned.

Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 11:02:30 pm »

works well for boston but not for phoenix and seattle

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 01:35:17 am »

1. as good as Marion and Lewis are, Paul Pierce is on another level.

2. why would lewis leaving a losing team for another losing team?

3. y is barbosa/west thrown in?

phx:
nash
bell
pierce
diaw
amare

boston:
west/rondo
green
lewis
oden/durant
jefferson

seattle:
watson
allen
MLE
Marion
Wilcox

5. phx wll beat spurs and wont want to change.
gogo2disco
MVP

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 10:33:37 pm »

Dude. Paul Pierce is staying a Celtics this year..unless they start like 0-10. Ainge and Pierce have worked it out already.
_imparable_
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 06:21:39 am »

IN PHOENIX WE ARE NOT CRAZY........ NO WAY
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 07:34:05 am »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"

seattle:
watson
allen
MLE
Marion
Wilcox

Who's MLE? is he better than Damien Wilkins?

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 09:39:28 am »

Quote from: "_imparable_"
IN PHOENIX WE ARE NOT CRAZY........ NO WAY

what if the 4th pick does fall on your laps?

clpp01
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 12:34:43 am »

Suns would say no.  What Pierce offers offensively would not off set what Marion brings to the team defensively, rebounding and overall athleticism.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 01:07:28 am »

where talking about PAUL PIERCE, hes been the 2nd greatest wing player(kobe 1st) since the jordan days.
_imparable_
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 04:32:21 pm »

Marion + Barbosa for PPierce it's a NO by far far faaaaaaaaar far.......................... BIG NO
themadkiwi
MVP

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 05:28:18 pm »

It certainly looks like it would work for Boston. I think you could argue that it works well for Seattle too if they risk losing Lewis without getting anything in return.

I think it would be a poor return for Phoenix however. Losing Barbosa as well as Marion tips the balance for me.
Bradleiu
Star

I have no life

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 05:48:31 pm »

i heard of marion for lewis at the start or mid point of the season,the reason why this wont or didnt happen is because Seattle cant afford/dosn't want Marions contract in its current situation
Pervis Ellison
MVP

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 06:08:26 pm »

they should do a marion for diaw, the pick and another player so that there will be a french connection in seattle-petro, gelabale, diaw

celticpride
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 06:15:38 pm »

If you consider just the players talents, I agree that you have a good point. I think the key would be Phoenix management's concern about keeping Marion when his contract expires in 2 years, as opposed to having Pierce locked up for 5 more years. They also could get some modest cap relief of about $4-5M which is not insubstantial when you're into the luxury tax as much as Phoenix is. How about is Boston throws in a future conditional first round draft choice?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: