Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toronto Raptors - Trade options aswell as their future.  (Read 9944 times)
phiboy207
Starter

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2007, 09:55:06 pm »

Back to the original question: I could see a trade with ATL, but there are some obstacles.  First, we'd want a PG and/or Bargnani or Bosh.  We'd be willing to give some athletes though.  Some combination of Smith, Marvin Williams, Childress, Pachulia, and Sheldon could be had for a price.  The bigger obstacle though is that after the JJ trade, I'm not sure Billy Knight would deal with Colangelo.

Raptor182
Journeyman

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2007, 12:19:42 am »

And Toronto isn't willing to trade The Core (bosh, bargs, ford) and it wouldn't make sense to trade Calderon, especially if they are going to try to retain him. The Raptors aren't going to be pulling off any blockbusters this summer. Maybe a few minor adjustments.

bayball
Starter

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2007, 12:30:05 am »

Just start Bargs alongside Bosh. The offensive plus should more than offset any negatives on defense. They just need to replace MoPete with an elite perimeter defender who can change the game and disrupt offenses.

but defencively he could suffer, with guys like oden and few others

What others? Joakim Noah? please

O and I would not trade Bosh for Oden at this point. Bosh is all NBA, young and a guarantee. Keep in mind that Oden never even really dominated in college. He had a few great games but did not dominate on the offensive end consistently. Really he got points off rebounds and putbacks and dunks. His only offensive move is a hook or overpowering the defender which he wont be able to do to as many people in the L. Bosh is light years ahead of Oden in maturity and offensive repertoire. And Bosh is more versatile. And Bosh has a J. Only aspect that he doesn't have is Oden's game changing defensive presence.

bayball
Starter

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2007, 12:31:15 am »

Smith, Marvin Williams, Childress, Pachulia, and Sheldon

And also...none of those players are on the same level skillwise as bosh or talent wise as Bargs. Except Smith and hes some what of a headcase.

jordanpicken
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2007, 09:46:03 pm »

Great points everyone. I just had a brain-wave, and I don't even know if it's ridiculous or makes some sort of sense..

Have Bargas and C, and Bosh at PF. On the defensive end, have Bosh play the better bigman.
Then, move AP to SF and allow him to play his game similar to how he did for Maacabi Tel Aviv.  

Then, bring in a top-notch SG.. whoever that would be.
phiboy207
Starter

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2007, 10:12:28 pm »

Quote from: "bayball"
Smith, Marvin Williams, Childress, Pachulia, and Sheldon

And also...none of those players are on the same level skillwise as bosh or talent wise as Bargs. Except Smith and hes some what of a headcase.

Disagree here.  Smith and Williams both have the talent of Bargnani.  Smith may compete in skills with Bosh, but the differnece in their games makes it an apple to oranges comparison.  Chills, Zaza, and Sheldon are more interesting pieces to make a trade.

I understand that Toronto wouldn't want make a major change though.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2007, 09:16:09 am »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
stern will force toronto to trade oden if they draft him

What?

Soon....
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2007, 09:19:30 am »

Quote from: "cselby"
Quote from: "kingdumcome"
stern will force toronto to trade oden if they draft him

What?

i dont know either...

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2007, 09:19:59 am »

LMAO

Soon....
jordanpicken
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2007, 09:20:46 am »

What the hell is he talking about..
CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2007, 09:30:22 am »

Quote from: "jordanpicken"
What the hell is he talking about..

Good Question.

Raptors06/07Champs
All-Star

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2007, 11:58:49 am »

Quote from: "Happiness1982"
Dont get me wrong as I really like Bosh but I have 2 things to say about that:

1) I saw a lot of Raptors posts saying 'we dont have a franchise player, we're all about the team, everyone is equal' etc so im confused as to whether you guys want Bosh as the main man or not and if your team isnt built around him then it would hurt too much to have Oden instead.
2) I dont see why you think Oden would take any longer to fit in than Bosh did. Who's to say he wouldnt adjust even quicker? And you say Bosh is proven, which he is to an extent, but he disappeared for most of the playoffs, no?

The only person saying that BOsh wasn't our franchise player was Ernesto... Yes we are a great team but Bosh is still the main guy. He did disapear in the playoffs but it was mostly because of the stupid fouls called against him, which benched him for a good portion of the series. Also this was his first playoffs.  He did come around and have a great game in game 6 though.

Raptors06/07Champs is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust Bandwagon." PM him if you want to join!
Raptors06/07Champs
All-Star

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2007, 12:05:35 pm »

Quote from: "jordanpicken"
Great points everyone. I just had a brain-wave, and I don't even know if it's ridiculous or makes some sort of sense..

Have Bargas and C, and Bosh at PF. On the defensive end, have Bosh play the better bigman.
Then, move AP to SF and allow him to play his game similar to how he did for Maacabi Tel Aviv.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yNNqAFq2Tw
Then, bring in a top-notch SG.. whoever that would be.

So you would move Garbo to the bench? I dunno about that man he is a quality starter that does a little bit of everything. If we had him in the playoffs that would have made a big differnece with all his experience.

Raptors06/07Champs is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust Bandwagon." PM him if you want to join!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Jump to: