Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL: Go get Luc Richard Mbah a Moute Thread  (Read 5421 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« on: June 01, 2011, 02:01:06 pm »

Please Pop, RC, Peter and everybody associated with the San Antonio Spurs do whatever it takes to get him.

He is one of the top defenders in the league.  He isn't much on offense but neither was Bowen at 24 before you told him to just stand in the corner and knock down threes.  Just lock him in the gym until he can make the shot consistently.

I don't care how it is done, just get it done.  He would be a perfect Spur, and if Pop is serious about improving the defense this offseason, this is the guy to target.
Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:51:58 pm »

Mbah a Moute is a restricted free agent, you would need to make a good offer for him or Milwaukee would match it.

Andrei Kirilenko is a UFA this summer. And with the way Utah has blown up recently I can only assume that he will want to go to a contending team. Kirilenko to SA seems like a very realistic option.

Kirilenko, like Mbah a Moute, can play either forward position quite effectively. Neither one is a shooter. Both are great defenders. Kirilenko is pretty much just an older version of Mbah a Moute.

I say go after Kirilenko.

Sig by bbyao06
animal collective
All-Star

A word to the wise is infuriating.

Respect: +21

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 11:36:43 am »

Mbah a Moute is a restricted free agent, you would need to make a good offer for him or Milwaukee would match it.

Andrei Kirilenko is a UFA this summer. And with the way Utah has blown up recently I can only assume that he will want to go to a contending team. Kirilenko to SA seems like a very realistic option.

Kirilenko, like Mbah a Moute, can play either forward position quite effectively. Neither one is a shooter. Both are great defenders. Kirilenko is pretty much just an older version of Mbah a Moute.

I say go after Kirilenko.

AK47 & David West are going to Jersey

Robert Horry is a much better candidate for HOF then a cry baby LBJ.

SA_swoosh
Undrafted

The fighting frenchie!

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 07:23:28 pm »

Don't see why he's so special. A good defensive roleplayer, maybe.

Not my signature, but proud to rep it. Smiley
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 03:08:27 pm »

Don't see why he's so special. A good defensive roleplayer, maybe.

Exactly, we have none of those.  We have role players that are better offensive than defensive players.  And he is a great defensive player, not good.  Can guard the 2, 3 and 4 positions, which we struggle with now.  Hill is a good defensive point that can check some 2s, and Duncan & Splitter are good defensive bigs.  Everyone else is average or below average.

Defense Defense Defense.  Can't stress that enough.
hugeneious
Journeyman

Respect: +1

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 10:24:27 am »

trade blair, mcdyess (expiring) and jefferson to the bucks
for stephen jackson, udrih and ilyasova

c  - duncan spliter
pf - ilyasova bonner
sf - jackson leonard
sg - manu neal
pg - parker udrih

y the bucks do this deal?
it was reported that cap jax wasnt happy to go to the bucks, they get a serviceable replacement in jefferson and young PF in blair, they also dump udrihs contract.

spurs get a stretch starting 4, upgrade at sf, they eat udrih contract but they need a backup pg now since hill is gone.  and since they play at a uptempo pace now it should benefit udrih unlike his previous stint in SA.
animal collective
All-Star

A word to the wise is infuriating.

Respect: +21

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 06:21:44 pm »

Maggette & Udrih go back to their old teams  Cheesy

but seriously it does make sense

Robert Horry is a much better candidate for HOF then a cry baby LBJ.

Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 11:56:16 pm »

This guy should be signed just cause of his name.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: