Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Coach  (Read 4132 times)
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« on: June 06, 2011, 05:07:24 pm »

We need to get a coach that we can count on to be solid and be here for more than a year or two.

I feel like we need to go with Laimbeer. He's done great work with Kevin Love, and with us having Monroe, Jerebko, and this years draft pick likely being a big we will need someone capable of developing young big men.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 01:59:25 pm by Bulls/Pistons » Logged

Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 12:01:52 am »

We need to get a coach that we can count on to be solid and be here for more than a year or two.

I feel like we need to go with Laimbeer. He's done great work with Kevin Love, and with us having Monroe, Jerebko, and this years draft pick likely being a big we will need someone capable of developing young big men.

Isiah

Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 02:02:56 pm »

Anyone is better than Kuester.  What a bum.  I don't think we need former Pistons with questionable coaching records at the moment.  We need an experienced coach who can give the team a purpose offensively and defensively, along with helping to develop our young talent.  So basically, I'm looking for Phil Jackson, but that isn't about to happen.  I'll settle for Rick Adelman, although he was never really what anyone can consider to be a defensive-minded coach.
Johnny Rico
All-Star

Hi Jazz

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 03:41:11 pm »

Anyone is better than Kuester.  What a bum.  I don't think we need former Pistons with questionable coaching records at the moment.  We need an experienced coach who can give the team a purpose offensively and defensively, along with helping to develop our young talent.  So basically, I'm looking for Phil Jackson, but that isn't about to happen.  I'll settle for Rick Adelman, although he was never really what anyone can consider to be a defensive-minded coach.

Well I think we'd all settle for Rick Adelman, but he's not going to come coach the bum squad. It's most likely going to be Bill Laimbeer or Mike Woodson.

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 06:08:32 pm »

I'm talking about coaches we have a realistic shot at signing.

Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 01:39:04 pm »

I know.  Wishful thinking of course, but I don't want a first time head coach.  I hear we are talking to Kelvin Sampson about the job.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 07:26:03 pm »

I know.  Wishful thinking of course, but I don't want a first time head coach.  I hear we are talking to Kelvin Sampson about the job.

Isiah Thomas.

RIP Madawg
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 01:17:34 am »

Isiah Thomas

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 05:39:09 am »

I rooting for Laimbeer. Woodson is relatively limited in his scope as a coach. Sampson out of Milwaukee? Why would you want anyone from that terrible program? They had a major collapse last year. If you're pulling assistants, you take them off winning teams, not the lottery team next door.
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 01:13:46 pm »

Looks like it's coming down to Bill and Ewing. I just hope whoever it is can change the attitude of the team and get us back on the right track.

I can't believe how far this team has fallen.

Johnny Rico
All-Star

Hi Jazz

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 05:12:30 pm »

Looks like it's coming down to Bill and Ewing. I just hope whoever it is can change the attitude of the team and get us back on the right track.

I can't believe how far this team has fallen.

#BELIEVER

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 04:16:04 am »

Mike Woodson is getting a second interview today.  Cry

I can see it now, 48 minutes of iso plays for Stuckey....
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 01:08:26 pm »

Woodson appears to be the front runner.

RIP Madawg
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 03:28:41 pm »

Woody will get them to play average defense. But his offensive schemes are the worst in the NBA, just behind Mike Brown.
Johnny Rico
All-Star

Hi Jazz

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 03:04:13 am »

Woody will get them to play average defense. But his offensive schemes are the worst in the NBA, just behind Mike Brown.

Well that's why they have Q out there right now, ain't it?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: