Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dynasty's Offseason Plan  (Read 5319 times)
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« on: June 27, 2011, 01:03:55 pm »

Ignore the username right now, it will be gone on July 13th lol.

Anyways, here's my plan for the Pacers this summer.

1. Sign undrafted rookie center Greg Smith

He's a former teammate of Paul George and was projected to get drafted, sign him to a training camp spot and see what the kid has, he has the potential to be a good rebounder and defender, similar to the rile Jeff Foster has given us the last few years.

2. Trade Danny Granger for Al Jefferson

Here are 2 possible trades I've come up with

Trade option #1: Danny Granger and Brandon Rush for Al Jefferson straight up

or

Trade option #2: Danny Granger, Brandon Rush, and a future lottery protected 1st for Al Jefferson and Gordon Hayward

The first scenario is just Granger and Rush for Jefferson.  Second one rids us of Brandon Rush and brings back hometown hero Gordon Hayward.  Idk what Utah thinks of Hayward right now so that's why I included the first idea, in case they don't want to trade him.  I believe Hansbrough will be best served coming off the bench as a 6th man and providing a scoring spark, similar to what Lamar Odom does or what Carl Landry did for the Rockets a couple of years ago.  Jefferson would be able to start at the 4 next to Hibbert, and when Hansbrough is in the game and Hibbs needs a rest, can play the 5 for stretches, and most importantly, gives us somebody who we can give to the post and will score and rebound, defense is iffy but the same stuff was said about Zach Randolph, and that's turned out well for Memphis.

3. Sign a free agent small forward

The Pacers have been preaching that they will be players in the free agency class.  Problem is, with the George Hill trade, our other major need is a power forward who can rebound, and this free agent class is the pinnacle of suckitude at that position.  I solved that issue with the Granger for Jefferson trade above, but now, provided Paul George can be the starter at 2 guard, we need a small forward to replace Danny.

Option #1: Sign Wilson Chandler to a 5-year deal

We would have to overpay a bit, since he is a restricted free agent and Denver has money to spend.  My hope is that we can swoop in while they are focusing their efforts on Nene and Afflalo.  Chandler would become our starting 3, can score a bit, hit the open 3, and is a very good defender.  Imagine the potential Chandler and George would have defending the perimeter with their length.  Another alternative in this situation is Thaddeus Young.  If we are able to get Gordon Hayward in the deals I proposed above, then we can go for a cheaper small forward, which leads me to my next options.

Option #2: Sign Shane Battier, Tayshaun Prince, Caron Butler, or Reggie Williams to a 3-year deal

Again, this would be if we lose out on Wilson Chandler/Thaddeus Young or are able to acquire Hayward in the deal I proposed above.  These guys are all veterans who can hit the open 3 and play some defense.  Also, they would be cheaper than Chandler would be so we have more money to save when extensions for our young core comes up.

Proposed lineups

PG: Darren Collison/George Hill
SG: Paul George/Dahntay Jones/Lance Stephenson
SF: Wilson Chandler/Paul George
PF: Al Jefferson/Tyler Hansbrough
C: Roy Hibbert/Al Jefferson/Greg Smith

or

PG: Darren Collison/George Hill
SG: Paul George/Dahntay Jones/Lance Stephenson
SF: (Battier, Butler, Prince, or Williams)/Gordon Hayward/Paul George
PF: Al Jefferson/Tyler Hansbrough
C: Roy Hibbert/Al Jefferson/Greg Smith
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

Respect: +3275

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 01:08:42 pm »

i came to the pacers forum to see if the general consensus was that fans still wanted to trade granger for something more useful. i like the idea of trading him for jefferson. jefferson and hibbert would be a big front court that would be hard to defend, especially if hibbert continues to improve his offense. i agree with you about tyler. he would be really good as an off the bench spark at power forward. i can't believe how much better he looked under vogel. he gave the bulls fits in the playoffs and was shooting the mid-range ball ridiculously well through stretches. in this scenario he reminds me of how glen davis was for boston when they had KG and perkins together. i really like wilson chandler and think he would be a real good signing for indiana, if granger left of course.

UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 10:04:15 pm »

i really dont want us to trade granger, great contract, good attitude player, i'd like to see his career progress in indiana.
naptown
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 06:19:18 pm »

jefferson is a center not pf trade makes no sense
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 07:00:10 pm »

Well that's just not true.

Soon....
BATMON
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 11:42:47 pm »

Dont like the trade.

Hibbert has a better upside than Jefferson. I want to see him grow into the Center position.

Paul George is on his way to becoming the second option to Granger. They will be fine.

The Hill acquisition is huge. Collison is going to have to take it up a notch or be an excellent general for the second unit, where he could probably score more.

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 02:54:46 am »

no

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: