Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who deserves to be banned the most?  (Voting closed: July 01, 2011, 12:56:54 pm)
greenwing - 13 (54.2%)
[Jeremy] - 11 (45.8%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: R3: 2. greenwing vs. 10. [Jeremy]  (Read 26585 times)
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

Respect: +26

« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2011, 08:43:26 am »
+1

That's all I was saying. I can see how it might be funny to say something like this top SGs in their prime...

1.Ben Gordon
2.Kobe Bryant
3.Dwayne Wade
4.Ray All......

And so on, that would be a joke like oh haha yeah Gordon sure.

But to give actual reasoning as to why he isn't in his so called prime which was never near being a top SG in the league isn't funny. Its just something a Bulls fan might actually say, and you did and backed it up.

Actual reasoning?  It only seemed like a serious post given that I'm a Bulls fan and a handful of posters here have given me this label that I encompass all things homerism - which is a fair assessment for greenwing, but not for me.

Like I've said multiple times before, the same people who are complaining about my posting style now are the same people who are having a really difficult time not reading into the things I write.  They can't seem to differentiate me from the greenwing character because it's been so ingrained into their heads what that persona represented.

Believe you me, yis, I'm very critical of the Bulls.  I have watched them squander potential big trades time after time because Paxson/Forman fall way too in love with their players and can't seem to ever pull the trigger on a major deal.  It's heart-wrenching as a fan seeing them refusing to trade Gordon and Deng for Pau Gasol, refusing to trade away Thabo and Tyrus plus a couple of mediocre picks for Amar'e, refusing to include Gibson in a Mayo deal when a legit 2-guard could have put them over the top this year, etc.  I'm not as blind or homerific as a bunch of the regular greenwing haters on this forum make me out to be.

I know you're trying to understand the reasoning here, yis, and I'm sorry I didn't explain why that Ben Gordon quote was sarcasm sooner.  But I do not appreciate being coerced into explaining myself.  And if there's anyone here to blame, it's xduckshoex, for constantly requoting the post.  Because once someone does that I will ignore them because they are not worth my time and effort.  That's baiting and I don't appreciate it. So if you ever want to find an answer from me for clarification regarding an issue when someone like duck has done something like that, feel free to pm me.  I'd be more than happy to explain my stance.

Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2011, 08:50:14 am »
+2

I'm sorry, but kafo nailed you to the wall earlier.  you don't get to troll for years, say "ha, I was trolling" and expect everyone to take it well.  or believe you.  or really treat you like some respected person.  You want respect, how about earning it and not whining?  or would that go against your personality you self important ***?
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2011, 09:06:12 am »
+1

I'm sorry, but kafo nailed you to the wall earlier.  you don't get to troll for years, say "ha, I was trolling" and expect everyone to take it well.  or believe you.  or really treat you like some respected person.  You want respect, how about earning it and not whining?  or would that go against your personality you self important ***?

The funny thing is you actually think I want to command respect.  I quite frankly don't care what people on this forum think of me.  This is an internet forum, not real life.  And the bottom line is that I don't even need to try to be an attention *** on this forum - not that I really want the excess attention, anyway.  Why?  Because despite retiring greenwing, I'm still the most followed poster on this forum.

Just go take a look at the threads I participate in.  The number of views per thread that I'm involved in by far exceed any other poster in this forum.  That's not fantasy, it's a fact.  And yet, I'm still not and never will be top ten in terms of volume of posts.

No, I don't care about how I'm viewed because no matter what I say perception probably will never change on here, but I do care when I'm talking basketball if I'm taken out of context because that completely warps my words.  That's pretty much all I ever respond to on here when I'm not talking basketball.  But you seem to think this is some kind of personality complex.  It isn't.

However, you are proving my point in the previous posts of this thread that you're so biased about what you think I am that you're not reading my posts clearly for the actual content.  You seem to think that I want perception of me changed when, in reality, all I'm asking is for some posters to read what I have to say instead of trolling and taking things out of context either on purpose or because they were too lazy to read my posts word for word and only decide to pounce on little bits and pieces that they find displeasing to them.

lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

Respect: +1181

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2011, 09:06:22 am »

That's all I was saying. I can see how it might be funny to say something like this top SGs in their prime...

1.Ben Gordon
2.Kobe Bryant
3.Dwayne Wade
4.Ray All......

And so on, that would be a joke like oh haha yeah Gordon sure.

But to give actual reasoning as to why he isn't in his so called prime which was never near being a top SG in the league isn't funny. Its just something a Bulls fan might actually say, and you did and backed it up.

Actual reasoning?  It only seemed like a serious post given that I'm a Bulls fan and a handful of posters here have given me this label that I encompass all things homerism - which is a fair assessment for greenwing, but not for me.

Like I've said multiple times before, the same people who are complaining about my posting style now are the same people who are having a really difficult time not reading into the things I write.  They can't seem to differentiate me from the greenwing character because it's been so ingrained into their heads what that persona represented.

Believe you me, yis, I'm very critical of the Bulls.  I have watched them squander potential big trades time after time because Paxson/Forman fall way too in love with their players and can't seem to ever pull the trigger on a major deal.  It's heart-wrenching as a fan seeing them refusing to trade Gordon and Deng for Pau Gasol, refusing to trade away Thabo and Tyrus plus a couple of mediocre picks for Amar'e, refusing to include Gibson in a Mayo deal when a legit 2-guard could have put them over the top this year, etc.  I'm not as blind or homerific as a bunch of the regular greenwing haters on this forum make me out to be.

I know you're trying to understand the reasoning here, yis, and I'm sorry I didn't explain why that Ben Gordon quote was sarcasm sooner.  But I do not appreciate being coerced into explaining myself.  And if there's anyone here to blame, it's xduckshoex, for constantly requoting the post.  Because once someone does that I will ignore them because they are not worth my time and effort.  That's baiting and I don't appreciate it. So if you ever want to find an answer from me for clarification regarding an issue when someone like duck has done something like that, feel free to pm me.  I'd be more than happy to explain my stance.

Earlier in this thread you say it's my fault, now it's duck's fault... seriously, you don't understand you're the one to blame? If you weren't such a stupid homer you wouldn't have to explain yourself.

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2011, 09:12:26 am »
+1

Earlier in this thread you say it's my fault, now it's duck's fault... seriously, you don't understand you're the one to blame? If you weren't such a stupid homer you wouldn't have to explain yourself.

Nope, never said you were at fault for anything.  I used you an example in a previous quote.  Mainly because you have admitted via pm to me that you will do anything in your power to have me banned.

Here's the earlier quote from this thread:

Ha, well, I don't usually bring up greenwing much at all these days. I mainly just talk bball. But for some here, flip to a large degree, my old character still seems to be all the rage.

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2011, 09:12:54 am »
+1

The funny thing is you actually think I want to command respect.  I quite frankly don't care what people on this forum think of me.  This is an internet forum, not real life.  And the bottom line is that I don't even need to try to be an attention *** on this forum - not that I really want the excess attention, anyway.  Why?  Because despite retiring greenwing, I'm still the most followed poster on this forum.

Just go take a look at the threads I participate in.  The number of views per thread that I'm involved in by far exceed any other poster in this forum.  That's not fantasy, it's a fact.  And yet, I'm still not and never will be top ten in terms of volume of posts.

No, I don't care about how I'm viewed because no matter what I say perception probably will never change on here, but I do care when I'm talking basketball if I'm taken out of context because that completely warps my words.  That's pretty much all I ever respond to on here when I'm not talking basketball.  But you seem to think this is some kind of personality complex.  It isn't.

However, you are proving my point in the previous posts of this thread that you're so biased about what you think I am that you're not reading my posts clearly for the actual content.  You seem to think that I want perception of me changed when, in reality, all I'm asking is for some posters to read what I have to say instead of trolling and taking things out of context either on purpose or because they were too lazy to read my posts word for word and only decide to pounce on little bits and pieces that they find displeasing to them.

No, the funny thing is EVERYONE is pointing and laughing AT YOU while you dance on stage.

Keep dancing!

Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2011, 09:13:10 am »

I don't even care.  well, except that I care enough to prove to you that I'm wrong.  that's exactly how much I care.  just enough to refute you.  but I don't really care.  I've posted 10,000 times, many of them about people's perception of me, but don't think that means that I care.  cause I don't.  I don't care. 

please love me

right, got it.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2011, 09:14:58 am »

And if there's anyone here to blame, it's xduckshoex, for constantly requoting the post.  Because once someone does that I will ignore them because they are not worth my time and effort.  That's baiting and I don't appreciate it.

How many times do you think my post would have been quoted if you had just responded to it?

Seems like you have no understanding of cause and effect.

And of course, you'll ignore this post and not bother answering a relevant question.  Then if somebody asks you the question again you will say they are trolling and that you don't have to respond to trolls.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Like I've said many times(and you have ignored every time):  posters like you are the reason that nobody takes this forum seriously anymore.  They can't, because it's not possible to have a serious discussion with somebody who ignores everyone who brings up valid criticisms of their point of view while continuing to insist that they are right and would gladly admit if they were wrong. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:19:11 am by xduckshoex » Logged

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2011, 09:17:35 am »
+1

And if there's anyone here to blame, it's xduckshoex, for constantly requoting the post.  Because once someone does that I will ignore them because they are not worth my time and effort.  That's baiting and I don't appreciate it.

How many times do you think my post would have been quoted if you had just responded to it?

Seems like you are aware that you have been trolling this forum much like Jeremy, in recent months.  At least he is man enough to admit it, though.  So he has my respect.

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2011, 09:19:50 am »

And if there's anyone here to blame, it's xduckshoex, for constantly requoting the post.  Because once someone does that I will ignore them because they are not worth my time and effort.  That's baiting and I don't appreciate it.

Seems like you are aware that you have been trolling this forum much like Jeremy, in recent months.  At least he is man enough to admit it, though.  So he has my respect.

Seems like you completely ignored the question:  if you had just responded to the post, how many times do you think it would have been quoted?

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2011, 09:20:24 am »

And if there's anyone here to blame, it's xduckshoex, for constantly requoting the post.  Because once someone does that I will ignore them because they are not worth my time and effort.  That's baiting and I don't appreciate it.

And you said a few posts earlier you don't care about respect. Jesus, after that you wonder why we think you're stupid and we don't take you seriously.

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
kafogahoga
MVP

Respect: +297

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2011, 09:33:04 am »

If admitting to trolling was held in similar regard by most people, you would probably be the most popular poster on HH.

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
kafogahoga
MVP

Respect: +297

« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2011, 09:38:15 am »

Seriously, what I don't understand is if you wanted to start anew after greenwing, why wouldn't you just create a new account and never mention him altogether?

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2011, 09:42:46 am »

Seriously, what I don't understand is if you wanted to start anew after greenwing, why wouldn't you just create a new account and never mention him altogether?

Because the GW thing was bullshit...

BRockin25
MVP

Respect: +1434

« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2011, 09:44:16 am »

As for your other two points, contrary to the "conspiracy theory" that greenwing wasn't a character I created and that posting as myself is the same thing as posting as greenwing, it's just not true.  I admitted this to Mild Sauce long before anyone else at HoopsHype knew about it.  And DeronWilliams was also aware, to some degree, what was going on.  

lol @ the internet

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Jump to: