Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: DEBATE TOURNEY FIRST ROUND - Bteam, Mild brackets - official pairings and topics  (Read 12961 times)
roytarpley
All-Star

Respect: +291

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2010, 01:59:17 pm »

So what's up Joe? Shall we post our debates or wait for a separate board as others suggested?
BteamBomber
MVP

Respect: +8

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2010, 02:27:42 pm »

So what's up Joe? Shall we post our debates or wait for a separate board as others suggested?
Post em in a new topic, but save a copy in case random anonymous moderator comes around and deletes. My guess is they won't get deleted because the reasons Jeremy's were axed yesterday was due to him creating 8 new threads in like 10 minutes. 

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2010, 03:57:11 pm »

It really should be created as an entire board, with a thread for each matchup. That way, voters won't need to sift through one thread with 120 posts to find the 12 that deal with the matchup they're voting on. Just create it as a sub-board of Gen NBA or Off-Topic, that makes the most sense.

I agree we should handle it this way.

RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

Respect: +3275

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2010, 04:49:21 pm »

It really should be created as an entire board, with a thread for each matchup. That way, voters won't need to sift through one thread with 120 posts to find the 12 that deal with the matchup they're voting on. Just create it as a sub-board of Gen NBA or Off-Topic, that makes the most sense.

I agree we should handle it this way.

not that my opinion holds much weight since i'm not a part of this, but i agree. this would be the best way. maybe if it isn't possible to start a new board have the bracket leaders (bteam, mild, etc) start the threads for their respective bracket so that way one member wouldn't be starting 12 new threads. i'm not sure if that would work but just my two cents.

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2790

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2010, 05:55:03 pm »

I've just asked anmar if he can create a new sub-forum for us. If he says yes, that will make this a hell of a lot smoother.

Soon....
joehoo2
Star

Respect: +24

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2010, 01:30:30 am »

The lower seed starts the thread. You should only start 1 thread... For the topic you're in...

"athletes are arguably better today because they are; that's how progression works. This generation is better than the last and will be inferior to the next." "who said anything about evolution"  xduckshoesx... and I'm the A hole LOL
[Jeremy]
a.k.a. Jeremy_Conlin
MVP

[Insert Funny Caption Here]

Respect: +291

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2010, 01:54:46 am »

The lower seed starts the thread. You should only start 1 thread... For the topic you're in...

Anmar is building a new board solely for the debate tournament. We should wait for that to be up.

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2790

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2010, 12:37:15 pm »

The new subfourm is up, and joe, you're a moderator of it, so do with it what you please.

Soon....
nopiforyou
Star

Respect: +4

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2010, 03:59:41 am »

I'm the lower seed. Should I start a thread on my own and put my first argument out? Or do you want me to wait for you to build a thread(s)?

Thirty Steps away...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Jump to: