Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 Candidates emerge for Raptors GM position.  (Read 1612 times)
Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« on: July 15, 2011, 12:54:41 am »

The Raptors are searching for a general manager to serve under president Bryan Colangelo and three candidates have emerged, according to sources.

Former New Orleans Hornets GM Jeff Bower, Philadelphia 76ers GM Ed Stefanski and San Antonio assistant GM Dennis Lindsey are on Toronto's list.

The Raptors have begun seeking permission to interview candidates, but formal interviews may not begun until August.

Dennis Lindsey knows his ***, I would be really happy with that. Either way, I'm glad BC is serious about hirering a GM and is going to allow someone else to make some decision regarding player movement.

Here's Stefanskis record as a GM http://hoopshype.com/general_managers/ed_stefanski.htm

Here is Bower's http://hoopshype.com/general_managers/jeff_bower.htm
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 12:58:15 am by Kyle_G » Logged
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 12:56:10 am »

I wouldn't mind Jeff Bower actually......

DontSettle4Less
Benchwarmer

JCVD - Don't be fooled by my kindness...

Respect: +9

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 09:29:21 am »

I wonder if BC is trying to hire a puppet to do his work (perhaps made the wrong moves with some teams or perhaps doesn't want to be blamed for picking up more Europeans(I don't mind as long as the team is good doesn't matter what anyone is) or another connection to get favorable trades) or is he really hiring someone to take over?? I'd go with the Spurs Asst. GM.

thetreesarenice
Starter

Respect: +48

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 03:13:26 pm »

Stefanskis is the man I would go with here. The 76er's are a solid team and I don't see many moves in that list I disagree with.  

This news about a new GM in Toronto has shocked me, it was out of the blue, and I'm not sold on this being true.

DontSettle4Less
Benchwarmer

JCVD - Don't be fooled by my kindness...

Respect: +9

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 09:10:33 am »

From what i've been reading around seems like the former 76ers gm is the guy? Handpuppet? hahaha

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: