Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: SUNS TRYING TO MOVE UP IN DRAFT (Your thoughts)  (Read 3177 times)
The_Pleasure_Man
Star

The pinnacle of male evolution

« on: May 19, 2007, 07:22:51 am »

Now that the Suns have been eliminated, rumors have been circulating about them trying to move up in the draft (to get Durant or Odom). Furthermore, the Suns will also be 12 mil. over the sal. cap if they don't make any moves and sign all their first round picks.

Here are some possible senario's, I tried to make these trades as objective as possible whilst regarding Nash and Stoudamire as 'untouchable'. Both trades have been checked for sal. cap. purposes.

Phoenix gets
Wally Szczerbiak, Brian Scalabrine no. 2 pick and about 4. mil in cap relieve

Boston gets
Shawn Marion, Leandro Barbosa and no. 4 pick. in cap relieve

Due to Phoenix and Boston being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Phoenix and Boston had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suns get
Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, Stromile Swift and No1. pick

Grizzlies get.
Shawn Marion, Marcus Banks, Leandro Barbosa and No.4 pick

Go easy on me when replying :wink:
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 07:32:27 am »

Nice to see someone checking their numbers!  Smiley

I bet most people will say no to both (too much for Phoenix to give up), however I would say you're not far off but I think the deal breaker in both would be Barbosa- he's on a great contract and is part of their future.

What I would also say is that I think they would offload Marion for the no2 pick.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
ROBB
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 07:39:26 am »

I can't see any team trading the #1 or 2 pick in this yrs.draft.I'm a Suns fan and would love to see them with the #1 or 2 but it ain't gonna happen.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 09:46:34 am »

Quote from: "El_Remondo"
Now that the Suns have been eliminated, rumors have been circulating about them trying to move up in the draft (to get Durant or Odom). Furthermore, the Suns will also be 12 mil. over the sal. cap if they don't make any moves and sign all their first round picks.

Here are some possible senario's, I tried to make these trades as objective as possible whilst regarding Nash and Stoudamire as 'untouchable'. Both trades have been checked for sal. cap. purposes.

Phoenix gets

Boston gets

Due to Phoenix and Boston being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Phoenix and Boston had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suns get

Grizzlies get.

replace that with theo ratliff and its a more possible trade

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
IlovePPierce
MVP

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 10:04:42 am »

Barbosa
West
Pierce
Marion
Jefferson
+who ever goes 4th

50 wins easy.

West
Allen
Pierce
Durrant/Oden
Jefferson

45, but better looking forward.

BTW nice trade ideas, prolly won't happin, but better then most of the bull on here.  Cheesy
CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 10:19:02 am »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
Quote from: "El_Remondo"

Phoenix gets

Boston gets

Suns get

Grizzlies get.

replace that with theo ratliff and its a more possible trade

No it's not!? The Suns would need to get a little more than a few scrubs and the 2nd pick for Marion, Barbosa and the 4th Pick.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 11:24:24 am »

If they're going to get Oden, then they're going to at least have to give up Amare. If they're going to get Durant, then Marion, at the very least, will have to be given up.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 11:25:02 am »

I'll defend Mr Dumcome by saying that Wally isnt worth his salary, and taking Ratliff means cap space.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
The_Pleasure_Man
Star

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 11:54:14 am »

There are two reasons why I included Wally instead of Ratliff:

1. With Marion, Pierce and Barbosa on board, I don't see them starting Wally, and he's too expensive to bring of the bench.

2. Ratliff and Wally are both not worth their salary, but Theo is in the last year of his contract, whereas Wally has two more years to go.

So in my opinion, the Celts would be pushing to get rid of Wally rather than Theo.

For the record btw, I don't see this trade happening but I do believe it would be the most likely scenario if the Suns would try to trade up (at least as a proposal).

Remember though that Paul Pierce has stated his desire for the Celtics to get a more veteran help and with Marion Barbosa and perhaps Horford on board, they should be a lock for the playoffs in their weak division and a better team on the short term. Adding Durant will likely be better for the future, but may not be enough to keep Pierce around.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 12:35:18 pm »

barbosa and your picks #4 and #24 for damon stodamire and brian cardinal and the no.1 pick. how does that sound?

The_Pleasure_Man
Star

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 12:59:33 pm »

wouldn't work salary cap wise;

Due to Memphis and Phoenix being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Memphis and Phoenix had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here (only Memphis met the condition). This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Remember the Suns will also try to lose salary cap next season, so even I the suns would throw in a guy like marcus banks (who would not be a bad fit in Memphis btw), they would still add to their salary cap  ....

Furthermore, I don't think It would be enough for the Celts to pull the tricker. Granted that Barbosa is an excellent player, I believe that the gap between drafting either Odom or Durant for say Hofort is to large to be compensated just by barbosa and the #24.

Would be a great deal for Phoenix though.
Pervis Ellison
MVP

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 01:12:50 am »

barbosa will be making 8 million next year

The_Pleasure_Man
Star

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 02:54:58 am »

your right actually, I checked the trade on Realgm but they still use barbosa's rookie contract.

don't think though that the Grizz would give up the #1 even if it mean getting a Barbossa, the #4 and #24 and getting rid of some nasty contracts. Barbossa is a good player but I don't see him not Horford become near as good a player that Oden is believed to become.
bayball
Starter

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2007, 01:22:36 pm »

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: SUNS TRYING TO MOVE UP IN DRAFT (Your thoughts)    Reply with quote

Phoenix gets

Boston gets

Suns get

Grizzlies get.

Wait wait wait Shawn Marion (an allstar who does everything for the suns), Barbosa (a great player and a future all star) for wally (who doesnt play and will never be the same because his knees are permanently messed up, brian scalabrine (who sucks)Huh?? just to move up 2 spots and get cap relief? I really do not think that will help them

fawaz24
Starter

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 01:29:09 pm »

Quote from: "bayball"

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: SUNS TRYING TO MOVE UP IN DRAFT (Your thoughts)    Reply with quote

Phoenix gets

Boston gets

Suns get

Grizzlies get.

Wait wait wait Shawn Marion (an allstar who does everything for the suns), Barbosa (a great player and a future all star) for wally (who doesnt play and will never be the same because his knees are permanently messed up, brian scalabrine (who sucks)Huh?? just to move up 2 spots and get cap relief? I really do not think that will help them

ummmm... its like cake the more its light and soft the taster it is

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: