Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Nets & Sacremento trade  (Read 3643 times)
Marcelcooley1234
Undrafted

« on: May 20, 2007, 03:40:19 pm »

What do yall think about this trade?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1006~2442~714~3~25&teams=23~23~23~17~17

I think its a good trade for both teams. Sacremento gets rid of their problem, and Nets get a good defensive player, and a decent Power Forward.
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 03:48:20 pm »

I've seen worse. Frankly, most I see on here are worse lol.

Nets wanted Reef before they wet themselves over his knee. They'd also get a player who is, in my opinion, a top ten player in this league when not fruiting about.

Sacto gets rid of Artest, gets a starting sf and veteran leadership. I think Nets would want more for Jeff, but as I say, seen worse.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
intern4stern
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 04:02:27 pm »

I dont really like the trade, but its not horrible. But I wish everyone would at least get out of there mind that artest is horrible and the kings need to move him.

They just dont. Artest has one year left, at like 7 mil.. Thats chump change for what he can do on the court.

The kings arent going to get good value for him. So no point in trading him. I would rather let him play cuz he will be better then anything we get for him, and if he causes problems ( which he hasnt yet) then just let him go after the season.
CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 04:09:11 pm »

I usually come on this Trade Forum and talk about all the reasons why the trades suggested won't happen (becuase in all honesty, some of the trades thought up on this board have been truly horrible). But I actually really like this trade for both teams.

Artest gets out of Sacramento, and the Kings get good value back for him in Richard Jefferson (who I believe is a similar player to Artest on the offensive end, and without the mental problems) and a good veteran in Clifford Robinson who can be a stabilizing effect on the young Kings locker room. Also the Kings unload SAR who has been relatively ineffective in Sacramento, while he might flourish in New Jersey being a solid big man, something the Nets sorely lack.

All around good deal.

legenderypete
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 04:10:11 pm »

problem with the trade is that uncle cliffy probably retire, robinson is a backup/d-league player. so really it's sar and artest for jefferson. Kings probably wouldnt do it even tho they really want to get rid of artest
intern4stern
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 04:14:27 pm »

the kings really arent dying to take on crap for artest. I like jefferson for artest but thats not enough. And we DEFINTELY arent desperate to get rid of a CHEAP sar. He is only making the mle.

NOw if you take on kenny thomas and artest for jefferson and one of your guys bigs. then maybe that might be something to discuss.
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 04:28:42 pm »

Intern, i dont wish to offend but you are grossly over-estimating Artest's worth around the league. As i said, he's a sensational player but GMs dont like risks, and he's the biggest, hairiest risk there is.
Imo if you got jeff for test and reef you would have done well.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

intern4stern
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 04:36:50 pm »

Were going to have to disagree, but I live here in the bay area, and petrie is one of the top 3 gm's in the league if not the best. He isnt going to just give away artest.

Theres no reason to trade artest for crap or even anything thats not going to help the kings or make them better.

Artest top 3 defensive players in the league... doesn't get in problems
( ok maybe the domestic charge) but that's minor and wont affect the team, he ONLY makes 7 mil a year. And this is his last year.

So why trade him for crap and TAKE ON CRAP, AND FOR LONGER YEARS?

No reason to at all. Might as well keep artest and let him expire at the end of the year then trade for a long term, less talented player right?
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 04:49:10 pm »

Well Sacto's motivation imo would be to get a starting sf at a decent price and lose artest (which you must conceed they wouldnt be adversed to doing!)

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

intern4stern
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 05:12:32 pm »

Well lets break downt that theory. What top 5 if not higher sf are we going to get for artest, and remind you that he only makes 7 mil a year.

Theres NO ONE at all comparable. Then add to the fact no one wants to give value then, add to the fact we have our sf... francisco garcia.

So there really is no motivation to trade artest unless its a great deal, no matter of the fake, nonsense your hearing.
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 05:27:51 pm »

Ok. Jefferson is on a longer contract so you'd get him for a decent amount of time at a good price. And he's miles better than Garcia.
No-one will give you value FOR A REASON so that tells me you understand he's a liability. He's not going to re-sign with Sacto so you get what you can.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

intern4stern
Undrafted

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 05:31:59 pm »

I understand his value thats fine. But he is worth more then his value to the kings thats for sure. Jefferson is better then garcia I agree.

But I dont believe the whole get crap or just whatever you can for artest. I would rather play artest this year and if he wants to leave thats fine.. But I choose artest and his 7 mil this year over just random spare parts. or taking on a lot more money.

I like the team building around... kevin martin.. ronnie price, and justin williams. And if artest wants to stay after next year he can be included.
nynj2k7
Benchwarmer

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 06:13:45 pm »

Though it looks like a better trade for the Nets its really not. Artest has too many issues, I do not know a team that would want to deal with him and Shareef was going to sign with the Nets but his injury concerned the team way too much, so I doubt they would do this, plus part with Richard Jefferson who works great in the system they run with Jason Kidd.

RIP #14 ANTHONY MASON
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2007, 06:41:54 pm »

I agree with pete..it's basically SAR and Artest for Jefferson, and I don't know about that.

Soon....
Steady Boy
Journeyman

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 11:30:10 pm »

Good trade for both teams but it would be better for the kings if they dealt thomas instead of reef. First of all, all this artest is a cancer is really off-base. He may not be the most sound-minded player in the L, but his troubles are just overblown by the media. The fight at detroit basically forever taints artest's rep but in reality, he's really not as troublesome as the media perceives him to be.

Bottomeline, artest is a top player in the L and he makes 7m a year! Take away his so-called baggage, would anyone make an artest for RJ trade straight up? And RJ has a big contract to boot.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: