Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What/who should the raps trade for a SF?  (Read 3497 times)
jordanpicken
« on: May 20, 2007, 05:25:25 pm »

Seeing as they need an atheletic SF, who could they trade for if they don't get anyone from FA?
nynj2k7
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 06:16:29 pm »

I would say Andrei Nocioni cause he is a free agent and may leave the Bulls, Rashard Lewis who wants out of Seattle I think, Desmond Mason would be the easiest to get, JR Smith who can also play guard, his time diminished since Denver got AI, and Corey Maggette cause the Clippers are on the fence of keeping him or trading him.

RIP #14 ANTHONY MASON
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 06:57:06 pm »

Nocioni is restricted, so unless the Raptors are willing to spend some money on him, they most likely won't get him from the Bulls.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
jordanpicken
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 07:04:55 pm »

Quote from: "Mild Sauce"
Nocioni is restricted, so unless the Raptors are willing to spend some money on him, they most likely won't get him from the Bulls.

Isn't Nocioni similar to Garbo though? :S What difference would there be in bringing in a similar player to one you already have
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 07:10:15 pm »

Nocioni is better than Garbo...but yes similar. We don't need Noce anyway.

Soon....
jordanpicken
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 07:12:00 pm »

I like Josh Childress in a Raps uniform
phiboy207
Starter

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 08:19:18 pm »

Quote from: "jordanpicken"

With the paucity of talent on the Hawk's, I can tell you we'd want a starter @ PG or C, and maybe a prospect as well - without taking on a long term contract (that is court ordered).  If the cap charge is inequitable, we might ask you to take a Speedy's contract as well (which actually isn't horrible - it goes down as it goes on).

But if you want Marvin, then even BK might deal him.  It'd take some doing (he was one of the pieces that led to our management meltdown), but he'd be the the most easily traded SF from ATL.  Just an FYI.

jordanpicken
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 11:00:43 pm »

Quote from: "phiboy207"

With the paucity of talent on the Hawk's, I can tell you we'd want a starter @ PG or C, and maybe a prospect as well - without taking on a long term contract (that is court ordered).  If the cap charge is inequitable, we might ask you to take a Speedy's contract as well (which actually isn't horrible - it goes down as it goes on).

But if you want Marvin, then even BK might deal him.  It'd take some doing (he was one of the pieces that led to our management meltdown), but he'd be the the most easily traded SF from ATL.  Just an FYI.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2806~2759~598~615~2373~150~489~2797&teams=1~1~11~1~28~11~28~11

How does that look (oh, how I hate to give up my Calderon)
bayball
Starter

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 11:43:57 pm »

yea i would argue a true PG or C is more needed. Lue is not the answer, Ivey does not have the talent and Claxton was just pathetic. Look to the draft?

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 12:33:24 am »

i seem to recall even myself making trades for raps to get childress, something about him seems to suit toronto.
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 01:32:13 am »

Desmond Mason is certainly a good shout. V good defender, would suit Toronto's tempo, fairly cheap.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 03:43:27 am »

narnani.they will surely get a good small forward for a bargnani

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
jordanpicken
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 09:23:28 am »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
narnani.they will surely get a good small forward for a bargnani

Bargnani won't be traded. He'll play center, except they'll play Bosh and Bargnani like two PFs on the floor and have Bargnani spread the defense so the paint is cleared up for Bosh
jordanpicken
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 09:26:26 am »

Quote from: "Happiness1982"
Desmond Mason is certainly a good shout. V good defender, would suit Toronto's tempo, fairly cheap.

Yeah, but he's also to expensive for the Raps to afford.
Bradleiu
Star

I have no life

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 11:46:09 pm »

G wallace-somehow
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: