Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lakers - Clippers - Memphis Deal  (Read 1645 times)
CraftyVet
All-Star

« on: May 21, 2007, 02:13:15 pm »

I posted this deal over on the Trade Game thread, and thought that I should see what you guys really think of it.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=617~2421~3012~558~138~497~566&teams=12~29~13~12~13~29~13

Why the Lakers do it?

The Lakers lose an athletic, versatile swingman in Lamar Odom who can really do it all, all the while they gain a veteran sharpshooter in Cuttino Mobley who can compliment Kobe quite well. They also recieve the point guard that has been missing in LA since Derek fisher left. Sam Cassell will instantly bring credibility to the Lakers backcourt and let Kobe make his championship push while Kobe is still in his prime. Also the Lakers get a capable young backup like Kyle Lowry, thus letting the Lakers part ways with Smush Parker. Kobe demanded he get help now, well he gets just that with this deal.

Why the Grizzlies do it?

The Grizzlies have been eyeing Corey Maggette for quite some time now, and was rumored to make a push for him at the trade deadline. That deal never went through, but with this deal, the Grizzlies finally get their coveted athletic swingman who would fit right in as a go to scorer and a transition bucket machine. Corey Maggette would compliment Pau Gasol to a tee.

Why the Clippers do it?

Much like the Grizzlies, the Clippers have wanted a SG/SF who can fill it up from the outside. Well they get just that in Mike Miller. Not to mention they trade away some of their older key veteran players and in return recieve a vesatile, pass first player like Lamar Odom. The Clippers get younger and can build around Odom, Miller, Brand and Kaman in the future. the only question mark would be the health of Shaun Livingston.

JMitch10
Star

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 02:59:21 pm »

I don't really like it for the Lakers, they get very old and gain nothing close to that second scorer they need nor a low post player.

The Mavs didn't choke, they got strangled!

^^^Big ups to bballinyao06
legenderypete
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 05:19:05 pm »

only problem with memphis they lose there main outside threat and magette plays a similar way to gay, so maybe it wont work
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 01:27:51 am »

i think its ok for everyone but the Lakers. They need more for Odom imo.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: