Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Toronto-Atlanta Trade  (Read 3138 times)
jordanpicken
« on: May 22, 2007, 07:43:43 pm »

Alright, seeing as Atlanta has the 3rd and the 11th draft choice, the Raptors may be able to rangle a deal.

Toronto Sends:
Jose Calderon and Joey Graham

Atlanta Sends:
Marvin Williams/or Josh Childress and 11th pick.

Torontos Benefits:
The Raps recieve an atheletically gifted starting SF, which they are in dire need for. They also recieve the 11th pick, so they could draft a PG if they really think they need one in Conley if hes around, or Acie Law. Although, they are suppost to bring Roko Ukic to camp (who was their 2nd round pick in 04 or 05.. I forget) who would be a true backup PG, instead of having 2 starters which is an advantage. Or, they could draft a sharpshooter in Rudy Fernandez who is good friends with Garbo, or even a decent center left. Whoever they draft, you know Colangelo will pick the perfect fit.

Atlanta Benefits:
Atlanta finally recieves a good point in Calderon. Although he played backup to Ford, Calderon is a top PG in the league.. you might argue he's better than Ford. Calderon is also a scoring threat if you leave him open and can penetrate the defense with ease. Although Joey Graham isn't exactly a good player, he might excel in Atlanta due to the amount of swingman and the compeition for minutes.

So there it is. What's your opinion?
Bulls/Pistons
Star

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 07:45:50 pm »

Quote from: "jordanpicken"
Alright, seeing as Atlanta has the 3rd and the 11th draft choice, the Raptors may be able to rangle a deal.

Toronto Sends:

Atlanta Sends:

Torontos Benefits:
The Raps recieve an atheletically gifted starting SF, which they are in dire need for. They also recieve the 11th pick, so draft a PG if they really think they need one in Conley if hes around, or Acie Law. Although, they are suppost to bring Roko Ukic to camp (who was their 2nd round pick in 04 or 05.. I forget) who would be a true backup PG, instead of having 2 starters which is an advantage. Or, they could draft a sharpshooting in Rudy Fernandez who is good friends with Garbo, or even a decent center left.

Atlanta Benefits:
Atlanta finally recieves a good point in Calderon. Although he played backup to Ford, Calderon is top PG in the league.. you might argue he's better than Ford. Calderon is also a scoring threat if you leave him open and can penetrate the defense with ease. Although Joey Graham isn't exactly a good player, he might excel in Atlanta due to the amount of swingman and the compeition for minutes.

Take out Marvin Williams and maybe.  Or just do Calderon for #11.  But you can't trade a #2 pick (Williams) and a high pick in a DEEP draft for an undrafted player and a mid 1st rounder.
jordanpicken
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 07:47:50 pm »

Note how I said Marvin Williams/ OR Josh Childress

Also, if Calderon started on the Hawks he easily would have 8+ assists a game. He is the best backup in the league, and deserves to start. Calderon is also is an impact-now PG, unlike anything the Hawks could draft this year. I would take Calderon/Graham over the 11th pick anyday, hell, I'd take Calderon over the 11th pick anyday aswell.
Bulls/Pistons
Star

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 07:49:08 pm »

Oh.  That's fair.  My bad.
jordanpicken
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 07:50:23 pm »

Quote from: "Bulls/Pistons"

Oh.  That's fair.  My bad.

No prob, I editted my post above also Smiley
oscuas
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 04:32:09 am »

Hi guys.
I'm a Hawks fan since 20 years ago, and I write from Spain.

I think this is a horrible idea for Atlanta,...., but knowing the great history of Billy Knight choosing in Draft, all is possible in this life...

My election would be select Brandan Wright or Al Horford at #3, and to say for Mike Conley Jr. would be available at #11.
On the contrary, try to change #11 and Speedy and Salim for Mike Bibby or Andre Miller (not for Marbury, my God !!!!).

Atlanta is the younger team in the league, we need some experience and quality in PG.

My scenario will be:
PG: Bibby or Miller / Lue / A.Johnson
SG: JJohnson / Chill
SF: Josh / Marvin
PF: Wright or Horford / Shelden /Solomon
C: Pachulia / Lorenzen

This team has much quality in the outside and atleticism inside.
If the health accompanies to us and Woodson does not break anything, next year in playoffs !!!!

Regards and Go Hawks
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 06:23:42 am »

you wont get quality at pg for no11 and claxton/stoudamire. the best you'd get would be a brevin knight imo.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 06:57:19 am »

atlanta is going to get ripped. and toronto needs veterans right now after making the playoffs so they might not want that pick

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
oscuas
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 09:30:46 am »

Bibby or Andre Miller is not quality at PG ??
ummmmm.....

I'm really desagree with your opinion, at all.

Regards and Go Hawks.
jordanpicken
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 09:18:58 pm »

Quote from: "oscuas"
ummmmm.....

Regards and Go Hawks.

..and Jose Calderon is also a better PG right now in his career than Bibby.
Miller is a good point guard, but I believe Jose is a way better fit seeing as he's usually a pass-shoot PG, unless given the open shot.
oscuas
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 02:11:35 am »

I think that Calde is a wonderful PG, but Bibby, within a competitive team and with high aspirations would have the enough motivation to play at best level he can do, and back Atlanta to playoffs.

In addition, Calde does not consider to go out of Toronto because he plays with another spanish guy (Garbo), in a team with "european" characteristics that power his qualities.

Remember than i'm spanish too, i know how good is calde because I have seen play since he made debut in a league of high level in Spain.

Regards and GO Hawks !!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 02:21:41 am »

Also, if Calderon started on the Hawks he easily would have 8+ assists a game. He is the best backup in the league, and deserves to start. Calderon is also is an impact-now PG, unlike anything the Hawks could draft this year. I would take Calderon/Graham over the 11th pick anyday, hell, I'd take Calderon over the 11th pick anyday aswell.

barbosa is the best backup pg in the league.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 02:22:33 am »

ummmmm.....

Regards and Go Hawks.

..and Jose Calderon is also a better PG right now in his career than Bibby.
Miller is a good point guard, but I believe Jose is a way better fit seeing as he's usually a pass-shoot PG, unless given the open shot.

haha shut up, bibby and miller r both better than jose. dont get over excited coz raps had good yr while kings/philly didnt.
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 02:30:31 am »

ummmmm.....

Regards and Go Hawks.

no I meant they won't get good players like miller/bibby for the people you mentioned.  Smiley

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 02:30:43 am »

Quote from: "Bulls/Pistons"

Toronto Sends:

Atlanta Sends:

Torontos Benefits:
The Raps recieve an atheletically gifted starting SF, which they are in dire need for. They also recieve the 11th pick, so draft a PG if they really think they need one in Conley if hes around, or Acie Law. Although, they are suppost to bring Roko Ukic to camp (who was their 2nd round pick in 04 or 05.. I forget) who would be a true backup PG, instead of having 2 starters which is an advantage. Or, they could draft a sharpshooting in Rudy Fernandez who is good friends with Garbo, or even a decent center left.

Atlanta Benefits:
Atlanta finally recieves a good point in Calderon. Although he played backup to Ford, Calderon is top PG in the league.. you might argue he's better than Ford. Calderon is also a scoring threat if you leave him open and can penetrate the defense with ease. Although Joey Graham isn't exactly a good player, he might excel in Atlanta due to the amount of swingman and the compeition for minutes.

Take out Marvin Williams and maybe.  Or just do Calderon for #11.  But you can't trade a #2 pick (Williams) and a high pick in a DEEP draft for an undrafted player and a mid 1st rounder.

actaully childress was pick 6
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: