Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chicago-Portland  (Read 2964 times)
dagame2260
Starter

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 09:22:57 am »

I don't think Paul Allen cares.  The guy is rich as hell and Portland is usually in the top 5 in payroll.  As long as they are winning, he would not mind giving all of those guys max contracts.  By the time they qualify for max money, the other high paid players will be off the books.  

These guys are definitely setup for success.
themadkiwi
MVP

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 09:46:39 am »

Miles' contract will be close to up by the time the rookie contracts are expiring. If he doesn't sign a piece of paper saying he can't play again and we don't get relief that way, he'd be easily traded with an expiring contract anyway.

At least we have a good couple or three of years to see what's working and what isn't. Three (or four) potentially outstanding young talents could command a lot of money down the track. But it can work... the Suns have managed. If there are chances for championships at stake a lot of guys will opt to forego a little money in the interim for that. Probably depends on the character of the players involved and I see Portland having the kind of guys who might make that decision.

Happiness is right. Our bench is soft and our talent is unproven at the top level. It will take time to make this team a contender. At least we have the time and the management/coaching team to get that done.
legenderypete
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 12:59:39 pm »

Quote from: "Happiness1982"
People are getting ahead of themselves here imo. Portland's bench is dire, they have huge holes at pg and sf, and aldridge needs time. Perspective please.

i dont think pg is that bad a postion for them jack is solid both ends of the court and rodriguez is very talented on the offence side, cant defend tho. All they need is a pg like nate himself and it would be a great team.

But sf is there weakest postion outlaw,webster havent really worked out, udoka is moreless a defensive player although that worked for the spurs with bowen so maybe they might not need to upgrade
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: