Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Chicago-Portland  (Read 2954 times)
azilis07
Journeyman

« on: May 22, 2007, 11:11:44 pm »

Chicago gives up
No. 9 pick
Sign-and-Trade Andres Nocioni

Portland gives up
Lamarcus Aldridge

Portland gets the SF they need, plus a good pick in a deep draft.  The Bulls get a good low post scorer, a player they thought about drafting last year (technically they did draft him before trading him for Thomas).

Portland can't keep Aldridge, Oden, and Zach Randolph.  I think both teams win in this deal.  Let me know what you guys think.
themadkiwi
MVP

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 11:29:50 pm »

As you know, I don't like it. Aldridge is the future PF in Portland. There are a number of other SF targets... Lewis, Magette, Jefferson.

I think they could potentially keep all three of those players at least until a team decides that they're not going to get any further without a post presence.

I don't know if another first round draft pick is what we need. The team is young as it is. We have four second round picks and a bunch of other young guys to work into trades for a solid SF. I think re-signing Ime Udoka is absolutely necessary.
kafogahoga
MVP

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 11:46:13 pm »

I still like:

Nocioni
P.J. Brown

for

Randolph
Dickau

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
TD27
Starter

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 12:19:14 am »

Quote from: "kafogahoga"
I still like:

Nocioni
P.J. Brown

for

Randolph
Dickau

With PJ Brown contemplating retirement? Hah.

Though with Oden coming in, they may be willing to give up Randolph for little.

B-ball fan 11
MVP

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 12:22:50 am »

Jefferson (NJ) and Randolph straight up. Randolph gives NJ exactly what they need, and Roy, Jefferson, Aldrige, and Oden would be the beginnings of a dynasty.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 02:14:54 am »

Quote from: "B-ball fan 11"
Jefferson (NJ) and Randolph straight up. Randolph gives NJ exactly what they need, and Roy, Jefferson, Aldrige, and Oden would be the beginnings of a dynasty.

yeah thats not bad with a few little adjusticements, i think jefferson would do nicely in a new team.
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 02:44:03 am »

Yeah dont like the original, only because Aldridge could be their starting pf. Like Kiwi said, you've got a few guys to go after for that 3 spot- Magg, Jeff etc, and Randolph is an especially good chip with regard to a Nets trade.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 03:02:56 am »

re-trade thomas for aldridge

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
themadkiwi
MVP

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 07:24:46 am »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"

Ahhhh, no thanks.  Cheesy
legenderypete
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 08:33:54 am »

i dont think aldrige would be gave up by the trailblazers, but i wouldnt be suprised if randolph was, would the bulls want him?? im not sure
tong
MVP

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 07:08:18 pm »

no. just no. why would they do this if they have a good chance of getting spence hawes?

Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 11:14:51 pm »

Quote from: "themadkiwi"
Quote from: "kingdumcome"

Ahhhh, no thanks.  Cheesy
it's really not a horrible idea.  a guy like thomas would fit great next to Oden.
floorburn
Benchwarmer

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 09:00:16 am »

In 2 years Portland has drafted itself an all-star team.  Hopefully, its not too much of good thing. The Trailblazers will have to see who fits and who doesn't because after their rookie contracts Roy-Aldridge-Oden will all command max or near max contracts. Who's going to get greedy?

The Blazers still have bad contracts for Z. Randolph, Darius Miles, and Joel Przybilla.  The team could be facing a return to luxury tax hell.  Still, if the Blazers progress what a team this is going to be.
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 09:13:28 am »

People are getting ahead of themselves here imo. Portland's bench is dire, they have huge holes at pg and sf, and aldridge needs time. Perspective please.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 09:21:57 am »

they need to get more and more shooting guards because roy can play 1 and 2

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: