Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Mavs - Philly trade....  (Read 3135 times)
JMitch10
Star

« on: May 25, 2007, 11:40:42 pm »

Rate this trade because I am not sure if I am the only one that thinks it is a good trade.

Dallas receives:
Andre Miller
Samuel Dalembert

Philly receives:
Jason Terry
Erick Dampier

Mavs need a PG that can distribute well and Terry could do very well alongside Iggy. Please give me your feedback b/c I wanna know what ppl think about this. Either team can add something to make it even like Mavs could add Buck or Stackhouse or so or Philly could add......

The Mavs didn't choke, they got strangled!

^^^Big ups to bballinyao06
Steady Boy
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 12:58:43 am »

I don't think philly will go for that. Terry is a sg, and undersized at that. And tho iggy can be a facilitator like lebron, he's better suited at the 2. This would leave philly w out a pg. And dalembert, tho inconsistent, is more effective than dampier.

A deal involving devin davis for dre miller would be better since philly would then get a young pg it can develop to be its pg of the future and dallas would be a steady pg who could put them over the hump. Miller is also big and strong enough to guard other teams' sg's since terry obviously can't.
markGRADY
Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 01:41:59 am »

Philly wouldnt want a pg already at his peak

This trade might work if it was Devin Harris, but i doubt the Mavs would go for it
Steady Boy
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 02:48:51 am »

Mavs should since their in a win-now mode and cuban's very impatient. Its quite obvious mavs need another creator when dirk cant get his shot going. Miller can create for himself and is one of the better pg's in setting up his teammates.

I'm not even convinced harris is a bonafide starting pg. He's not a good a passer u would want ur starting pg to be and he's not great at setting the pace of the game offensively. He also can't shoot beyong midrange and its 50-50 if he'll ever be a decent outside threat.
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 04:06:02 am »

nice idea mitch but philly needs more imo. miller>terry. i dont think it'd happen as you guys wont get rid of harris.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
JMitch10
Star

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 02:27:29 pm »

Quote from: "Happiness1982"
nice idea mitch but philly needs more imo. miller>terry. i dont think it'd happen as you guys wont get rid of harris.

I don't disagree with you much but right there is where I do. I do not think Miller is better than Terry nor do I think Terry is better than Miller, they are two totally different players. Passing yes Miller gets it but shooting and flat out scoring it is no doubt Terry. No very comparable players IMO.

CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 02:58:16 pm »

Quote from: "JMitch10"
Quote from: "Happiness1982"

I don't disagree with you much but right there is where I do. I do not think Miller is better than Terry nor do I think Terry is better than Miller, they are two totally different players. Passing yes Miller gets it but shooting and flat out scoring it is no doubt Terry. No very comparable players IMO.

That's very true. I think that it really depends on the situation where one of these players can be seperated from the other. If you have a team that doesn't have much Wing scoring, I think you would rather a Jason Terry because he can really fill it up. While if you have a real athletic team, that needs the ball to be fed to them for them to achieve, Andre Miller is your man.

bayball
Starter

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 03:10:51 pm »

dalembert is so much better and younger and cheaper than dampier

I think Dre miller is a very good fit for the mavs, they are ripping the 76ers off

maybe throw in a draft pick going to philly?

legenderypete
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 07:49:29 pm »

dont think the 76ers would want dampier and his big contract, dalembert fits there team more
JMitch10
Star

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 02:36:58 am »

Dalembert and Dampier have pretty close to the exact same contract.

Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 04:14:43 am »

Ok, let me refresh; miller is better for the mavs.

If i offered you miller for terry straight up, you'd take it out of my hands quicker than light, right?

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
JMitch10
Star

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 03:13:26 pm »

I dono, but yea prob good point but that still means nothing of who is better.

Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 04:06:43 am »

my idea:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2982~181~2382~3053~1002~557&teams=20~20~20~20~6~6

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
JMitch10
Star

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 04:20:09 am »

That is stupid!!!!! Dallas is giving up way too much!  Maybe you should think through these things before you post them. I am beginning to wonder if you even watch basketball.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 06:15:57 am »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"

Why would Dallas give up all that just for a decent PG and some shmoe.

Mitch, go easy on him, he's the comedic relief for the forums. LOL.

Soon....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: