Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NYK-LAL  (Read 2538 times)
bigg mike
Starter

« on: May 27, 2007, 11:12:00 am »

New York Trades: Channing Frye, Nate Robinson, Jerome James
LA Lakers Trades: Kwame Brown, Maurice Evans, 40th pick in 2007 draft

How it works for New York:
Money-wise, this helps New York. They get two players in the final year of their contract and a second rounder who gets paid peanuts. They lose three players who are going to be paid until 2010 and they lose Jerome James' big contract.
Frye is very much expendable with the deveoplment of Curry and Lee, and the addition of Morris. Kwame can play backup for Lee and Curry. Evans can ride the pine or help out whenever the backcourt collapses with injuries.

How it hurts New York: They lose potential in Channing Frye. They lose a fan favorite in Nate. They have to take back Kwame Brown.

How it works for LA Lakers: Kobe wants changes made, a starting 5 of Nate, Kobe, Odom, Frye, and Bynum with Walton as 6th man is a nice lineup. Still not really a contender, but its better than where they were.

How it hurts LA Lakers: Jerome James? Losing one of their second rounders in a deep draft.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 11:30:24 am »

Quote from: "bigg mike"

Money-wise, this helps New York. They get two players in the final year of their contract and a second rounder who gets paid peanuts. They lose three players who are going to be paid until 2010 and they lose Jerome James' big contract.
Frye is very much expendable with the deveoplment of Curry and Lee, and the addition of Morris. Kwame can play backup for Lee and Curry. Evans can ride the pine or help out whenever the backcourt collapses with injuries.

How it hurts New York: They lose potential in Channing Frye. They lose a fan favorite in Nate. They have to take back Kwame Brown.

How it works for LA Lakers: Kobe wants changes made, a starting 5 of Nate, Kobe, Odom, Frye, and Bynum with Walton as 6th man is a nice lineup. Still not really a contender, but its better than where they were.

How it hurts LA Lakers: Jerome James? Losing one of their second rounders in a deep draft.

Why on Earth would the Lakers trade there knuckle-headed, lazy and incompetent big man, for antoher knuckle-headed, lazy and incompetent big man who weighs about a billion pounds more, why would they trade a future star in Frye to get an AVERAGE backup in Maurice Evans, and also why would the Lakers want Nate Robinsnon, they are looking to improve there PG situation, not make it worse.

Soon....
bigg mike
Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 11:40:07 am »

Quote from: "cselby"

Why on Earth would the Lakers trade there knuckle-headed, lazy and incompetent big man, for antoher knuckle-headed, lazy and incompetent big man who weighs about a billion pounds more, why would they trade a future star in Frye to get an AVERAGE backup in Maurice Evans, and also why would the Lakers want Nate Robinsnon, they are looking to improve there PG situation, not make it worse.

They'd take Nate and Jerome James to get Frye.
The Knicks do it for financial reasons.

phiboy207
Starter

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 12:12:30 pm »

Not sure if I like the deal.  Why should the LAL take on one of the worst contracts in the league in a deal that basically a swap of backups?  

Frye isn't that good.  He seems more like a product of NY hype than an actual starting caliber prospect.  He could be a good backup PF but no more.  Even then, I don't see how he'd fit into Kobe's O - he can't rebound.  Robinson's energy is nice, but would it be wasted on an O dominated by Kobe?

Granted they don't give alot, but taking James' contract is killer.  The acquisition of a couple of backup caliber prospects does not outweigh that.

CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 12:20:25 pm »

I don't know if the Knicks (even though Isiah Thomas is their GM) want to do this deal. I don't really see money as an issue in New York, so I can't see them making a deal like this strictly to free up cap space. When you look at it  one on one, you get Channing Frye for Kwame Brown (The Knicks obviously lose), Nate Robinson for Maurice Evans (As much as I dislike Nate Robinson, the Knicks lose) and Jerome James for a second rounder (Getting rid of Jerome James can be nothing but positive, but still, this isn't some crazy steal).

The Knicks would forget about the financial part in this deal, and base it on strict talent. The Knicks lose in this deal.

fawaz24
Starter

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 12:37:46 pm »

both teams lose this trade basically suck

fawaz24
Starter

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 12:46:09 pm »

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=981~2748~1031~990~2754~2772&teams=18~18~18~13~13~13

this trade is better plus add a first round lakers draft pick to newyork

bigg mike
Starter

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 01:01:07 pm »

Yeah that trade is obviously one-sided.
Why would the Knicks give up Frye, Lee AND Curry?

Anyway, I look at trades as dollar and cents and how it would affect long term situations. The trade I came up with is both fiscally responsible for the Knicks and helps them long term in addition to LAL an offensive power forward, a lightning guard, and a backup center.

It's not a roster shaker like yours and it's not meant to be. It's the small parts that make teams work.

I get that most of you disagree with it, but at least do you get what I was trying to do?
I'd want to cut Brown and Evans as soon as we got them.

CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 01:05:00 pm »

Quote from: "fawaz24"

You are grossly overrating Andrew Bynum's value. Sure he is nice, and can be a dealbreaker in a blockbuster deal, but in no way can Andrew Bynum snag you David Lee, Channing Frye and Eddy Durry. I don't think the Knicks would accept Andrew Bynum for Eddy Curry straight up, he is the cornerstone of their franchise. Then you want a 10 and 10 guy in David Lee, and a potential filled versatile Forward in Channing Frye. this deal is not even close.

And if you didn't notice, I completely ignored Kwame Brown and Maurice Williams. Because who really wants them anyway?

phiboy207
Starter

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 01:09:01 pm »

Yeah that trade is obviously one-sided.
Why would the Knicks give up Frye, Lee AND Curry?

Anyway, I look at trades as dollar and cents and how it would affect long term situations. The trade I came up with is both fiscally responsible for the Knicks and helps them long term in addition to LAL an offensive power forward, a lightning guard, and a backup center.

It's not a roster shaker like yours and it's not meant to be. It's the small parts that make teams work.

I get that most of you disagree with it, but at least do you get what I was trying to do?
I'd want to cut Brown and Evans as soon as we got them.
Well, I understand at least.  It's OK though, I've seen like 2 trades on here that weren't generally panned since this board was started.  Discounting all the trades that were completely off the wall (like Al Harrington for Andrew Bogut and Charlie Villaneuva...really), I'd assume that it similar to the rumors we see through the media (about 90% of which aren't likely to happen...ever).

But you had an idea, bounced it off some people, and it fell through.  At least it wasn't to the point that the talent disparity made it completely obvious who your team is.  Thanks for the idea.

fawaz24
Starter

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 12:57:28 am »

since kobe's askin for a trade if nothing happens then how about this one

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=981~110~990~255~2772&teams=18~18~13~13~13

Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 03:27:06 am »

my idea:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=617~2986~2754~703&teams=18~13~13~13

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
andrea
Undrafted

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 04:01:26 am »

it's important to trade kwame...he is the most useless player!
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 04:21:58 am »

i did it for new york's benefit

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: