Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Raptors Rumors  (Read 93250 times)
jordanpicken
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 09:27:08 pm »

This is isn't relevant to the Raps, but since they are 'Canada's Team,' I thought it should be noted.
Dalembert trying to play for team Canada is a great thing. It brings a smile to my face when a duel-citizen decides they'd rather play for us than our neighbours to the south.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 06:23:27 am »

Canada should take anything they can get at this point.

Soon....
CraftyVet
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 07:15:41 am »

Quote from: "cselby"
Canada should take anything they can get at this point.

I'm actually considering suiting up in the old Red and White! LOL

BIZIB4U
Journeyman

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 12:18:48 pm »

grant hill is an insurance policy.....IF we do sign him it should come down to how many games he plays..there is no point in signing a player if he hurts u more then helps u...i really dont see hill playing a full season...remember orlando never played him in back to back games..so as much as i would like the idea i would have to pass..considering he will only play half the season..i can see hill goin back to detroit, or to a team that can go deep in play off (suns, mavs,heat)

THE WORLD IS YOURS...WHAT U GOING TO DO WITH IT?
jordanpicken
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 04:13:13 pm »

May 29, 2007 10:27 AM
Doug Smith
Sports Reporter

Bryan Colangelo, Sam Mitchell and their various trusty lieutenants are in Orlando this week at the NBA's annual pre-draft camp and that sounds like a strange place for a whole whack of Toronto people to be, given the Raptors don't have a draft pick.

But the work really isn't in the watching of players.

The work is in the chats they'll have with other general managers, in the rumours they'll pick up and in the informal discussion they might have with agents who prowl the Disney hallways.

And remember this: all those trades that Colangelo may have considered but didn't consummate in February could very well be on the table again.

One guy they had interest in, according to a couple of spies, is Golden State's never-used Sarunas Jasikevicius and that might be a name being kicked around this week.

They'll be shopping Morris Peterson, at least informally, to gauge interest and you can be sure if someone wants to talk about Rasho Nesterovic, they'll listen.

So no matter what dearth of news comes out of the camp, rest assured work is being done.

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER: Speaking of camps, here's some summer plans.

The Raptors won't have a summer league team because everyone of consequence is going to play somewhere but they will have a mini-free agent camp here the week before the draft.

It'll mainly be second-round picks, or guys with second round aspirations but who might fall through the cracks.

After that, the coaching staff and Colangelo and the training staff will pay visits to players over the course of the summer to see how they're doing with the various workout plans they were given at the end of the year.

Toronto Star

We needed some more things to discuss, so lets begin:
spanishraptor
Benchwarmer

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 06:05:12 am »

I think they should trade for Sarunas to be the second point guard and Calderon to be the first one, then we could try to trade T.J. Ford for Corey Maggette. The Clips need a point guard and I think that T.J. is not very appreciatted in Toronto because he sometimes thinks he is Allen Iverson and forgets they are a team. Also I think that Calderon can do it a lot better then TJ because he makes the whole team better. Sarunas is a great point guard, he can shoot from 3 very well,  he's a great passer, he's got a lot of experience... he could be  a very good second point guard. And Maggette is what we need, a slasher who goes very often to the free throw line, he can give us 20 points per game, not bad defender... I think with those trades we should improve a lot and get to the second round for sure

Vamos Raptors!!!!

ceballos
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 06:47:29 am »

Quote from: "spanishraptor"
I think they should trade for Sarunas to be the second point guard and Calderon to be the first one, then we could try to trade T.J. Ford for Corey Maggette. The Clips need a point guard and I think that T.J. is not very appreciatted in Toronto because he sometimes thinks he is Allen Iverson and forgets they are a team. Also I think that Calderon can do it a lot better then TJ because he makes the whole team better. Sarunas is a great point guard, he can shoot from 3 very well,  he's a great passer, he's got a lot of experience... he could be  a very good second point guard. And Maggette is what we need, a slasher who goes very often to the free throw line, he can give us 20 points per game, not bad defender... I think with those trades we should improve a lot and get to the second round for sure

Vamos Raptors!!!!

We have Ukic, right? Then if we sign Sarunas, we're going to have a bunch of points (Ukic, Calderon, Ford, Sarunas), it might cause some chemistry issues.
Maggette is a good scorer but chemisty is a problem here again. I don't think he will accept his role in Toronto.
spanishraptor
Benchwarmer

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 08:56:06 am »

Maggette would get at least 30+ mins per game and he'll be the second scoring option behind Bosh. He could be used too as the 6th man             ( something like Manu in the Spurs ). And for the chemistry problem, I said we should trade Ford for Maggette, and the chemistry problem goes away!!

Vamos Raptors!!!!

ballers101
MVP

Respect: +116

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2007, 09:00:59 am »

no i beleive if we get sarunas jose is gone, tj we just signed we're not trading him, calderon in a deal with possible rasho or joey for a better sf, i hope not maggette hes to injury prone
jordanpicken
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2007, 09:28:11 am »

If we get Sarunas, and Ukic gets signed, then most likely Calderon will be traded.
Childress for Calderon?
spanishraptor
Benchwarmer

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2007, 01:02:27 pm »

If we have to trade a point guard that's TJ Ford for sure, Calderon makes everyone around him better and TJ ( who I think is a good player ) doesn't.

Vamos Raptors!!!!

jordanpicken
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 01:12:34 pm »

Jose is a free agent after next year, and TJ is signed for 3 more years I believe. Also, TJ has only played 3 full season in the NBA, and has tons of room to grow. For me atleast, I believe Calderon has hit his potential, and would be ideal to trade right now.. before he slips and his value goes down.
themadkiwi
MVP

Respect: +17

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 06:09:51 pm »

Magloire to Toronto?
CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2007, 07:49:09 pm »

Quote from: "themadkiwi"
Magloire to Toronto?

Grossss!

But as for the Point Guard situation, if we bring over Ukic and we sign Sarunas, I think it is safe to say that one of the Two-Headed monster at the point is going to be gone. The question is... Who?

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 07:50:50 pm »

Ugh, I don't want to have to give up Calderon or Ford for Sarunas! He's nowhere near as good as either of them at an NBA level..in Europe sure..but he's just a mistake waiting to happen here.

Soon....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Up

Jump to: