Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Australian Open  (Read 8129 times)
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2012, 05:22:47 pm »

I got Djokovic winning the men's finals.  Women's is a tough call, my pick is Azarenka for the title.   

I called both champions correctly.   Cool   

Damn Novak is a strong-willed MF. Great game.

So true, his belief and pure determination is incomparable in tennis.   

I find that the state of men's tennis is, and has been, a healthy one.  What makes it great is a solid and very consistent big 4 (Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, and Murray) and thrilling matches of course.  On the other hand, women's tennis can be tough to watch sometimes.  Hopefully it can increase its excitement and keep up with the men's game.  Anyway, this year's Australian Open was just a great tournament.   
jaime_gasol
All-Star

Oh You!

Respect: +20

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2012, 05:43:29 pm »

Rafa´s belief and determination is completely comparable to Nole´s if not better, he´s had a bad year, with injuries issues and his parents divorcing, tables will turn Im sure, I put all my money in Rafa

Vulture
Star

Respect: +380

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2012, 06:17:24 pm »

EPIC!!!

One of the All-Time Great Matches! There's no such thing as a moral victory, but Rafa just came as close as anybody.
Big Four?Nope
Big Three?Nope

There is only a Big Two on this day. Congrats Nole!

"Because I don't want chumps, I don't want pushovers, and if you're a chump and a pushover, I will run over you." - Kobe
Depressed Clown
MVP

Counterpoint/trolling

Respect: +1436

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2012, 06:22:52 pm »

He's like Serbian, isn't he? Well there you go...

Up until 2010 he would break. I'm impressed that he's got over that so stunningly.

EPIC!!!

One of the All-Time Great Matches! There's no such thing as a moral victory, but Rafa just came as close as anybody.
Big Four?Nope
Big Three?Nope

There is only a Big Two on this day. Congrats Nole!

I think the big 3 is legit, as they're all of comparable skill and can really beat each other depending on surface (Novak has Raf's number a little, granted). Murray is 2nd tier right now.
Jamm
a.k.a. KAACHOW & POO_JAMM
Star

Respect: +289

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2012, 06:23:30 pm »

That match was so gripping, Rafa's comeback in the fourth set and then the whole 5 set was just epic.Definitely one of the best matches I've ever seen. Both players willed themselves, but Djoker came out  victorious. Congrats to bot Rafa and Nole for putting on such a great match.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Jump to: