Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dumars plans to building around Knight and Monroe.  (Read 6712 times)
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

Respect: +3275

« on: January 19, 2012, 01:24:58 am »

Pistons general manager Joe Dumars wants to improve the talent level around rookie point guard Brandon Knight and second-year center Greg Monroe.

“Greg and Brandon are cornerstones here,” Dumars said. “They’re guys you can build around. They are ultimate high-character guys, both of them. They are the ultimate competitors. Work ethic – you see each of them getting better, Greg from last year to this year, Brandon – as we sit here, this is day 38 we’ve been together – in 38 days, you’ve seen this kid improve already.

“Those are the type of guys we want – young, talented guys, but we want super high-character guys, guys who want to win, guys who are dedicated, tremendous work ethic like those guys.

“Those two young guys, they epitomize everything – everything – that you want with a Detroit Piston.”

Probably the right idea at this point. Monroe is a boss.

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 07:22:21 am »

It's nice to read Dumars using common logic again. It's been a while.

Monroe is one of the best young bigs in the game. I'm not completely sold on Knight. I agree with drafting him at the position we got him, no question, but I don't believe he's going to be an elite PG. Maybe something more like Jrue Holiday, which would be perfectly acceptable.
Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 12:13:21 pm »

It's nice to read Dumars using common logic again. It's been a while.

Monroe is one of the best young bigs in the game. I'm not completely sold on Knight. I agree with drafting him at the position we got him, no question, but I don't believe he's going to be an elite PG. Maybe something more like Jrue Holiday, which would be perfectly acceptable.

I'll test my luck with Knight over Holiday. This team needs size, not Jrue Holiday.

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 12:20:25 pm »

Jrue Holiday is much better than any guard on the Pistons.

Soon....
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 12:31:24 pm »

It took 4 posts to get from "Joe D plans on rebuilding with Greg Monroe and Brandon Knight" to "Jrue Holiday is better than any guard on the Pistons"

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 04:25:09 pm »

Soon....
Max Power
All-Star

Respect: +917

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 04:38:11 pm »

It took 4 posts to get from "Joe D plans on rebuilding with Greg Monroe and Brandon Knight" to "Jrue Holiday is better than any guard on the Pistons"

I blame this post...

I'll test my luck with Knight over Holiday. This team needs size, not Jrue Holiday.
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 06:36:48 pm »

Detroit sports radio is currently asking "who would you rather have: Knight or Rubio"

Holy bteam

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 06:42:46 pm »

Dude, I almost....the whole thread

RIP Madawg
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 12:03:24 am »

Dude, I almost....the whole thread
Man, when I heard that question, I accidentally everything

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 09:31:42 am »

Would their be any hesitation in that scenario?
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 04:24:01 pm »

they blew the contending team out for stuckey/gordon and villanueva, right? Cheesy

building it around monroe,jerebko and knight is a logical choice. no surprise there

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 10:47:15 am »

they blew the contending team out for stuckey/gordon and villanueva, right? Cheesy

building it around monroe,jerebko and knight is a logical choice. no surprise there

Do you honestly think a core of Billups hamilton prince (retired) Sheed (near retirement) Ben wallace? Could still win the ship in the last 3 years? HELLLLLL NO
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 10:55:32 am »

Do you honestly think a core of Billups hamilton prince (retired) Sheed (near retirement) Ben wallace? Could still win the ship in the last 3 years? HELLLLLL NO

theyve been on consecutive ECF appearances. I understand the point in trying to blow it all up but you may want to show loyalty to your finals mvp. they wanted to rid of billups contract to give gordon and villanueva those awful ***.
i think rebuilding shouldve started if ever they still wont make the finals at that time.
and why not in free agency of 2010? and WHY use your free salary for gordon and villanueva? WTF. i used to like those guys but they got paid too much for what they can do on the court.

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 11:05:39 am »

theyve been on consecutive ECF appearances. I understand the point in trying to blow it all up but you may want to show loyalty to your finals mvp. they wanted to rid of billups contract to give gordon and villanueva those awful ***.
i think rebuilding shouldve started if ever they still wont make the finals at that time.
and why not in free agency of 2010? and WHY use your free salary for gordon and villanueva? WTF. i used to like those guys but they got paid too much for what they can do on the court.

The idea was smart Blow up an aging crew that cant get it done anymore (like how boston is now).  He did spend the money incorrectly but that's just business every gm in the league has had his fair share of falters.  I actually like the way he's headed the team now.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: